Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I tried the DA before and gave up because I expected too much of it. I'm back at it now with lowered expectation but what I really find disturbing is that thre is general lack of information about the BP nodes available to emit markers. There is hardly any tooltip info and the user guide is completely silent on what is available and what they do. I know most programmers hate writing documentation, but for a complex system like this it is mandatory to give all available info to the user.
    Maybe if you do nothing but work with this project as a level designer you get into the details eventually but for those of use who work on small games, we doe everything from programming over graphics acquisition and modification to distribution and we just don't have the time to spend weeks or months trying to figure out what all you can do with this product.
    So in short: A detailed explanation of all the functionality that can be used in BPs is necessary

    Comment


      Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
      Submitted a new maintenance update with bug fixes. It should show up in a few days in the launcher

      Version 2.14.1
      • Fix: Fixed an issue which was causing standalone build creation to fail
      • Fix: Collision profile set in the theme editor's mesh node properly propages to the instanced meshe dungeons (HISM)

      Complete change log here
      How do we tell there is a new version of DA in Market place?
      Clifford Brock

      Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
      Game: Claws&Paws

      Comment


        Originally posted by Aladin Sane View Post
        Seems latest updates have been put through but I cannot install DA for 4.24.1...Says it is not compatible.
        Aladin Sane I don't see an engine update for 4.24.1 (still at 4.24.0)


        Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

        Discord Support

        Comment


          Originally posted by GruntosUK View Post
          Does the snap builder support 2D?
          GruntosUK It requires some work to properly support 2D with snap map. It's a planned feature in the near future

          Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

          Discord Support

          Comment


            Originally posted by Wallenstein View Post
            I tried the DA before and gave up because I expected too much of it. I'm back at it now with lowered expectation but what I really find disturbing is that thre is general lack of information about the BP nodes available to emit markers. There is hardly any tooltip info and the user guide is completely silent on what is available and what they do. I know most programmers hate writing documentation, but for a complex system like this it is mandatory to give all available info to the user.
            Maybe if you do nothing but work with this project as a level designer you get into the details eventually but for those of use who work on small games, we doe everything from programming over graphics acquisition and modification to distribution and we just don't have the time to spend weeks or months trying to figure out what all you can do with this product.
            So in short: A detailed explanation of all the functionality that can be used in BPs is necessary
            Wallenstein Thank you for the feedback. I'll be updating the docs with the next update and I'll keep this in mind
            Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

            Discord Support

            Comment


              Originally posted by Tarly View Post

              How do we tell there is a new version of DA in Market place?
              You'll get an orange dot next to the DA icon in your Vault


              Click image for larger version

Name:	ue4_launcher.png
Views:	191
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	1709318
              Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

              Discord Support

              Comment


                I'm working on a major new feature for the next update called the grid flow builder. It gives you control on the flow of your dungeons using a node based rule system

                Early work in progress

                Click image for larger version

Name:	flow_ed_ue4.gif
Views:	185
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	1709320
                Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                Discord Support

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post

                  GruntosUK It requires some work to properly support 2D with snap map. It's a planned feature in the near future
                  Thank you for the reply. The 3d version will do for one project, the 2d for another, so looking forward to it!
                  Level Designer: Available for work if needed.

                  http://www.grantegglestone.com

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post

                    You'll get an orange dot next to the DA icon in your Vault


                    Click image for larger version

Name:	ue4_launcher.png
Views:	191
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	1709318

                    Cool... never seen that one before.
                    Clifford Brock

                    Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
                    Game: Claws&Paws

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post

                      You'll get an orange dot next to the DA icon in your Vault


                      Click image for larger version

Name:	ue4_launcher.png
Views:	191
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	1709318
                      Ali, I have never seen the orange icon in any of my market place purchases.. Is there an option in UR market I need to turn on to see the ! symbol?
                      Clifford Brock

                      Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
                      Game: Claws&Paws

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Tarly View Post

                        Ali, I have never seen the orange icon in any of my market place purchases.. Is there an option in UR market I need to turn on to see the ! symbol?
                        Its a common bug - turn off the launcher completely. find its tray icon - right click and exit. then run it again and you will see update.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by AngeIV View Post

                          Its a common bug - turn off the launcher completely. find its tray icon - right click and exit. then run it again and you will see update.
                          Thank you Angel, I only see the engine update. Tried signing out. closing systray icon reopening, and signed back in. still no market place purchase updates shown.
                          Clifford Brock

                          Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
                          Game: Claws&Paws

                          Comment


                            Is there a way to fill empty areas beyond the rooms in SnapMap mode? Like it was done in Dungeon Keeper.

                            Comment


                              Dear Ali,

                              I hope you are well !

                              I'm trying to create procedural objects in a DA dungeon.
                              So i have created a c++ class inheriting from AActor and made a blueprint of it.
                              I use this blueprint as an asset in the DA Dungeon.

                              For my procedural generation i create a FRandomStream.
                              To ensure a completely deterministic process (I want the procedural objects to look the same every time i rebuild the dungeon), i tried to reset my FRandomstream before calling BuildDungeon().
                              But this doesn't seem to work and objects (at the same location) are different at each rebuild.
                              I checked that my FRandomStream is correctly reset so i can only guess that objects in a DA Dungeons are not always created in the same order, so even if my FRS is reset, i don't get the same sequence of random integers everytime.

                              So to ensure a deterministic process i'd like to use the dungeon's own FRandomStream (GetBuilder()->random) but it is protected in DungeonBuilder.h.
                              Could you please make it public or create a getter for it ?

                              Thanks :-)
                              All the best,
                              Cedric

                              EDIT: My bad ! I was using the FRandomStream as a global variable and for some reason it didn't work despite reinitialization. As soon as i made it a local variable it worked as i wanted. Forget my request and sorry for the bother :-)
                              Last edited by uced; 01-21-2020, 04:04 PM.

                              Comment


                                Hi Ali,
                                Tool is amazing.
                                I have one problem. I want to random few layouts in loop and get statistics such us count of rooms. I made listener blueprint which You can see in screenshot below. Function Get Seed works corectly, but I can't read length of "get rooms" for each random seed, because it show the same number for every iteration. I think it is count of rooms in first random layout, but I don't know why it happens. I tried move "get rooms" into loop body, and make new variable for this value but nothing work. I tested more and it builds dungeon with using first seed. Do you have any idea to random layout in loop and read info about these layouts?
                                Last edited by Bajtek222; 01-22-2020, 06:16 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X