Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AngeIV View Post

does it contain the new flow system for grid?
    ​​​​​​​That will come in a month or so
    Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Comment

Fix: The collision profile customization in the theme editor's mesh node properly show up in instanced mesh dungeons

Comment

There's a cooking issue on 4.24 which doesn't allow you to make standalone builds. I"m working on fixing it

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
          There's a cooking issue on 4.24 which doesn't allow you to make standalone builds. I"m working on fixing it
          I've fixed the cooking issue and it should be available in the next update soon

Comment

Submitted a new maintenance update with bug fixes. It should show up in a few days in the launcher

Version 2.14.1
            • Fix: Fixed an issue which was causing standalone build creation to fail
            • Fix: Collision profile set in the theme editor's mesh node properly propages to the instanced meshe dungeons (HISM)

Complete change log here

Comment

Does the location of sublevel's actors matter in SnapMapBuild mode? Should I place the whole group of objects (not each of them) in a null coordinate or I can place them anywhere and SnapMap will handle their position by a connection asset in a right way?

I expecting such issues, but don't know where the problem exactly is. Corridors seem to be not inserted at all. Corridors appear if I launch InsertCorridors one or two times, but their attachment is a mess.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_6.png Views:	0 Size:	210.4 KB ID:	1704568
              Attached Files
              Last edited by TraceAnima; 01-05-2020, 03:46 AM.

Comment

TraceAnima This was a bug in DA (and 4.24). I just fixed it and will upload a new update soon

Comment

I've cancelled the previous update (2.14.1) and submitted a new update (2.14.2). So you should see the following new changes

Version 2.14.2
                  • Fix: Fixed streaming issues in the Snap Map builder when the Flow Editor's Debug view is opened
                  • New: Flow Editor's Debug mode's backtrack steps hilights the current module node in blue color

Version 2.14.1
                  • Fix: Fixed an issue which was causing standalone build creation to fail
                  • Fix: Collision profile set in the theme editor's mesh node properly propages to the instanced meshe dungeons (HISM)

Comment

Ali Akbar thank you!

Comment

The new update is live in the marketplace. Please update it from your launcher. Full changelog here

Comment

The assets I use are different in the world's static mesh locations. What should I do?

Comment

I think I asked about this long time ago, but I can't seem to find anything about it in this thread. Do I need to do anything special to generate a dungeon (using BP actors, static except moving parts obviously) with different parts of the dungeon being in the different streaming levels (I'd have to probably manually set which parts in which streaming levels) and bake lighting ?

The idea here is to use DA to speed up level design. I would have to re-bake lighting after regenerating dungeon in the Editor, but once I settle on the layout, in runtime it will be working as conventional level (with baked lighting).

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
                            I think I asked about this long time ago, but I can't seem to find anything about it in this thread. Do I need to do anything special to generate a dungeon (using BP actors, static except moving parts obviously) with different parts of the dungeon being in the different streaming levels (I'd have to probably manually set which parts in which streaming levels) and bake lighting ?

The idea here is to use DA to speed up level design. I would have to re-bake lighting after regenerating dungeon in the Editor, but once I settle on the layout, in runtime it will be working as conventional level (with baked lighting).
                            Hey motorsep welcome back!

Level streaming is supported in Snap Map builder with pre-built modules in separate level files, but not in other builders. Once you are happy with a dungeon layout, you can build that in the editor and use the same workflow to bake your lighting and world composition like any other level

Comment

Seems latest updates have been put through but I cannot install DA for 4.24.1...Says it is not compatible.

Comment

Does the snap builder support 2D?
                                Level Designer: Available for work if needed.

http://www.grantegglestone.com

Comment

Working...
                                X