No announcement yet.

Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another issue that I see is that the HandleDungeonBuildComplete event is called *before* the geometry from the levels is instantiated. This is a real problem since my game depends on certain items (target points) being available before the player actually starts. I see that there's a OnSnapDataLoaded event available via an interface, but that doesn't seem to be called. How can I wait until all the geometry in the map is built before starting the actual game?

Comment

Originally posted by FerlinDev View Post
      Feddark Did you set cel number to 0?
      First thing I did.

Comment

Dear Ali,

I have a strange problem when running DA at runtime.

When trying to get a flat dungeon (HeightVariationProbability=0 and MaxAllowedStairHeight=0), i get this:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	DA_Dungeon.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	1650027

Which is even more visible when setting a very large LaneWidth (here 10):

Name:	DA_DungeonLargeLane.jpg
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	1650028

I don't get the problem in the editor viewer where everything is as flat as expected:

Name:	DA_DungeonViewerSmallAndLargeLane.jpg
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	1650029

And as far as i can tell, the GridConfig i send to DA from my code is all right, here a capture from the debugger after the dungeon rebuild, so it's first hand data and it looks all ok:

Name:	DA_GridConfig.jpg
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	1650030

Would you have any idea of what could cause this "chessboard of heights" effect at runtime ?

As soon as i set MaxAllowedStairHeight to 1 at runtime, it works well, but then the dungeon is not flat.

So currently i can't get any flat dungeon at runtime.

I don't know when this problem started, it's the first time i try to get a flat dungeon for a long time^^

Thanks for any hint if you have any direction to where i should look :-)

I go on with my tests and will update here if i find anything interesting about this strange behavior.

All the best
        Cedric

Comment

Ali,

I deleted (or rather saved elsewhere) my saves and started fresh and the problem is gone.

I guess somehow my saves were corrupted as far as DA was concerned.

Strange that the problem occured only when setting MaxAllowedStartHeight to 0 and all worked well otherwise.

I can now switch between the corrupted and non corrupted (new) saves and reproduce the problem at will.

As far as i'm concerned all is fine now.

I kept the corrupted saves, just let me know if you're interesting in debugging them, otherwise i'll delete them completely and forget this exotic issue :-)

Cheers !
          Cedric

Comment

Hi Ali, I am trying to use the dungeon architect with the prefab plugin actor. It is showing only P with nothing. How can I make it work. Thank you.

Comment

Hey Ali I have a question about the Snap Map Connection actor.

I've notice that there is a connection Constraint where I think it suppose to connect thought Either Magnets or with Male and female. but When I set one of my map with one End begin female and the other male then build dungeon it didn't do much of a difference. I'm seeing that it still act like magnets when what I really want it to do is have it always connect to the entrance by plunging it using Male/female. Is the Connection Constraint function is still being work on or is their suppose to be a way to get it to work?
              Unreal-Chan v1.2 is ready!
              Link

Twitch:/jvthewanderer Twitter:@JvtheWanderer

Comment

Hi to all,

Am playing around with runtime random map generation and have followed the post:
                https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...392#post449392

But, am having difficulty in finding the function to 'Make DungeonConfig'. I have version 2.11.2 of DA installed, Google searches are not showing much.

Is there anywhere I can reference a tutorial to achieve runtime generation ?

Many thanks.

Chris.

Comment

Submitted a new update with 4.23 engine support. Here are the two new version that are being pushed with the latest update

Version 2.13.2
                  • New: Added 4.23 Engine support
                  • New: Save / Load custom state while the dungeon is being built. This allows you to track the no. of objects spawned (by setting or incrementing a variable) and later checking against it from selector / transform / spawn blueprints

Version 2.13.1
                  • Fix: Fixed unloading issues with the snap map builder's module levels. This was causing issues while saving maps and taking up memory
                  • Fix: Actor replication in snap map modules were not working correctly

Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by uced View Post
                    Dear Ali,

I have a strange problem when running DA at runtime.

When trying to get a flat dungeon (HeightVariationProbability=0 and MaxAllowedStairHeight=0), i get this:

Name:	DA_Dungeon.jpg
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	1650027

Which is even more visible when setting a very large LaneWidth (here 10):

Name:	DA_DungeonLargeLane.jpg
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	1650028

I don't get the problem in the editor viewer where everything is as flat as expected:

Name:	DA_DungeonViewerSmallAndLargeLane.jpg
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	1650029

And as far as i can tell, the GridConfig i send to DA from my code is all right, here a capture from the debugger after the dungeon rebuild, so it's first hand data and it looks all ok:

Name:	DA_GridConfig.jpg
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	1650030

Would you have any idea of what could cause this "chessboard of heights" effect at runtime ?

As soon as i set MaxAllowedStairHeight to 1 at runtime, it works well, but then the dungeon is not flat.

So currently i can't get any flat dungeon at runtime.

I don't know when this problem started, it's the first time i try to get a flat dungeon for a long time^^

Thanks for any hint if you have any direction to where i should look :-)

I go on with my tests and will update here if i find anything interesting about this strange behavior.

All the best
                    Cedric
                    uced apologies for the late response. I noticed this long back when the dungeon actor's Z was not at zero and there were some volumes around and believe it was fixed. I'll check it again

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by TheCouch View Post
                      Another issue that I see is that the HandleDungeonBuildComplete event is called *before* the geometry from the levels is instantiated. This is a real problem since my game depends on certain items (target points) being available before the player actually starts. I see that there's a OnSnapDataLoaded event available via an interface, but that doesn't seem to be called. How can I wait until all the geometry in the map is built before starting the actual game?
                      TheCouch This is a known issue with the snap builder and I'll address this soon. Snap level streaming needs BP callbacks when a module is streamed in / out (especially on the one the player is currently standing on)

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by CBamford View Post
                        Hi to all,

Am playing around with runtime random map generation and have followed the post:
                        https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...392#post449392

But, am having difficulty in finding the function to 'Make DungeonConfig'. I have version 2.11.2 of DA installed, Google searches are not showing much.

Is there anywhere I can reference a tutorial to achieve runtime generation ?

Many thanks.

Chris.
                        Chris, please use the samples in the quick start guide for reference as that post is a few years old

http://coderespawn.github.io/dungeon...ungeon-runtime

Here's how the blueprint in that sample looks like

Name:	20190905-16_24_58DungeonRuntime.png
Size:	304.4 KB
ID:	1661021

Discord Support

Comment

[duplicate]

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post

uced apologies for the late response. I noticed this long back when the dungeon actor's Z was not at zero and there were some volumes around and believe it was fixed. I'll check it again
                            Hey Ali,

Thanks for the answer.
                            No worries and no problem. I didn't have had this problem since i started a new save, so as far as i can say, i just had a corrupted save and everything is all right for me currently.

All the best,
                            Cedric

Comment

Hello,

I have recently purchased your plugin as I'am interested in the Graph Grammars that you are using, however I cannot find any information on your Mission Grammar and how to use it.

Is there any documentation on this feature?

Thank you,
                              Dave Ruptash
                              StitchHeads studio

Comment

Hello,

I'am trying to use SnamMap Builder, however im getting errors when saving my level:

Everytime I open a level I get this (see picture)

Also I cannot save my levels anymore.

LogFileManager: Error: Error deleting file 'D:/Perforce/SHPerforce/PRojectName/Dev/prototype/Content/pcg/Chunks/C_Corridor.umap'.
                                LogSavePackage: Error: Error saving 'D:/Perforce/SHPerforce/PRojectName/Dev/prototype/Content/pcg/Chunks/C_Corridor.umap'

this is very frustrating to see as I have no idea where this error occurs.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X