Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChipNinja View Post
    Just a quick update for people on the fence, Ali Akbar has had incredible response times for the plugin from his beta period through now. Solid plugin and fast support - can't beat that.
    Thanks @ChipNinja
    Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Any idea when the new version will be uploaded?

Comment

You can run the entire landscape data through a float curve. This gives you artistic control on the steepness of the walls and you can also give it some interesting shapes

Example 1
        Curve

Scene

Example 2
        Curve

Scene

Discord Support

Comment

I haven't released a new build for this yet as there are some issues to be sorted out first
          • During runtime generation, landscape collision data is not updated when the landscape is modified while the game is running (it looks like landscape editing is supported only in editor). I'm looking for a workaround. It works in design time though
          • Cannot modify the landscape height data in a separate thread. It has to be done in the game thread (simple fix)
          • Marker points along the walls of the landscape. I'll use marching square algorithm for this

Discord Support

Comment

Will you be able to do like a building architect? where you can create buildings with interior & exteriors?

Comment

Hmm, did the plugin unlock immediately for you guys once you purchased it from his site? The transaction is still listed as "On Hold" for me, even after confirming that the transaction went through. ^^

Comment

Hi @HInoue, Thanks for the purchase. Looks like paypal is reviewing the payment, can you wait for 24 hrs? I got this mail from them:

xxxxx just sent you money with PayPal. To help protect you, we're reviewing this payment.

The Payment Review may take up to 24 hours. When we've completed the review, we'll either clear or cancel the payment.
                You should be able to access it after it clears

Discord Support

Comment

Sure, that's fine- thanks for the quick reply

Comment

@Ali - The new landscape generator looks awesome, nice work
                    Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

So I've had this for less than two hours, and it's already making back what I paid for it- I would highly recommend that anyone on the fence check it out- the combination of superb customer service and utility in the base product are an easy buy for me.

This is a bit random, but in the quickstart guide you previewed a really neat example of dungeon architect generating an indoor building, is there any chance you have a rough ETA on that? This is the exact use-case I bought architect for, and I was planning on implementing it myself, but if the developer who built and maintains the system is already working on it, it seems smarter to wait instead of cooking up my own half-competent version.

Comment

Hi Ali,

I was wondering if there was a way to get information about a cell after it's been built. I'm trying to spawn an actor in the center of a room and not in a hallway. I'm encountering problems where it generally spawns it in halls or doorways preventing access to the room and sometimes making the level unbeatable.

Comment

@Justin,

Check out this post by Ali. Basically you just add a marker and name it "RoomOpenSpace" in your theme and it will let you spawn stuff in to the middle of the room.

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
                          @n00854180t Sorry for the delay. Thanks for the heads-up. There's an undocumented marker named "RoomOpenSpace" that is spawned in the center of each room. I'll add it and other stuff if it is useful. From here you can get the size of the room (from the cell structure) and place your custom stuff here. I'll post a sample soon.
                          Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
                            @Justin,

Check out this post by Ali. Basically you just add a marker and name it "RoomOpenSpace" in your theme and it will let you spawn stuff in to the middle of the room.
                            This is PERFECT. I can handle the uniqueness of must have objects with a singleton approach. Thanks so much!

Comment

Hey there @ali,

I just tried doing a test build for my game and I get an error saying it can't find the runtime.dll's for DungeonArchitect I found them in the 4.9/binaries folder of the zip but where do I put them? I tried them in most of the folders but I sill get the same error. Didn't find anything in the docs either.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	1091134

Comment

@Justin,

There is a simple workaround for your issue until Epic fixes the limitation in the engine.

Workaround: Just go to File > Add New C++ Class (give it any name), and it will convert your project into a C++ one, and it should build correctly

Issue: Plugins do not seem to automatically compile with pure blueprint projects. This has been discussed in depth here by other plugin developers. If a plugin is to be shipped with your game, your game needs to be a C++ project. You can do that by adding a C++ class to convert it to one. You will need to install the free version of Visual Studio (windows) / Xcode (mac) for the editor to compile your c++ package

I've tested packaging a C++ project with 4.9 and it works well

Discord Support

Comment

Working...
                                X