Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
    Ali Akbar

How about generating level first, then baking lighting (basically offline levels generation, not run-time) ? How'd I need to set up my modular pieces in the sub-levels? Or should I just make modular pieces as BP actors?
    The snap map builder works on runtime and doesn't register itself for static level loads. So although you can build your snap map dungeon levels in the editor, they won't be saved as such and will be built at runtime.

The reason for this is the engine doesn't allow you to add the same level file more than once in the Levels window (for world composition). So if you have a corridor module, it cannot be reused more than once and multiple copies of the map file have to be created in the content browser if you want to stream that in at different locations. At runtime however, you can stream in the same level file at different locations as many times as you want.

Since the snap map builder supports level streaming, you can use lots of dynamic lights

Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

I'm still having trouble getting dungeon emitters to work.

Originally posted by Jondoes View Post

If i remember correctly the content exemples contains something like what you're looking for (in the grassland exemple).

You can find and download those here (under "Download content pack"): http://coderespawn.github.io/dungeon...ide_2.12+.html

Hope that helps.
      I downloaded these and I found the emitters, I then tried to apply them to the dungeon I was working with. However, they do not seem to work.

Any idea, this is driving me round the bend.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by KeGId1517 View Post
        I'm still having trouble getting dungeon emitters to work.

I downloaded these and I found the emitters, I then tried to apply them to the dungeon I was working with. However, they do not seem to work.

Any idea, this is driving me round the bend.
        Have you includeed them in the Theme? To actualy spawn something? Emitting markers without utility in theme wont do anything

Comment

I've done it! I found where In the theme I missed it. Thanks so much AngelV and Jondoes!
          Attached Files

Comment

Stuck again

I'm using DA to make levels that have ceilings. Now I'm having trouble with Stairs.

I can usually figure out single stairs I just use Selection Logic to not show the usual ceilings and then add a custom one above the stairs.

However, the Double stairs are a real problem to me. They are too big to use selection logic, I end us cut out the roof from all over the place and cannot remove them?

Is there any neat solution that I could use?

Thanks Again

Comment

Another Question!

I'm not got marker emitter for the centre of rooms working well.

However, I have now start playing with Cluster Themes. These work very well for all the standard marker emitters, however, the room centre disappears.

On the theme preview, it works fine.

What it does seem to use the default theme for the centre emitter and the normal emitter it uses the clustered theme.

This is annoying because I wanted to use the cluster emitter to create specific rooms, however, what is in the centre of the room comes from the default theme.

I have tested it and I'm getting the same problem with Theme override volumes.

Comment

Ali Akbar Using the Snap Map Buildee and streaming levels - how can I detect when I move pawn or items from one streaming level to the next? Can I check if items is within level bounds? Can I register for some kind of event?

When I unload levels items dropped in that level drops through the floor, and items spawned by the level disappears...

Some documentation is sorely needed...

Comment

Hi Ali Akbar,

I've noticed that the data in the Doors list of GridDungeonQuery are not being serialized correctly. AdjacentTiles, AdjacentCells and bEnabled are not UPROPERTY of the FCellDoor struct. When you hit play, those values are always 0.

Regards,

Comment

I have a question regarding the dungeon flow editor, is it compatible with the grid builder? if so how do you link the two? I saw your video for the Unity version of the editor but you never show where to assign the asset or how it actually links into the whole system.

Comment

Hey Ali Akbar - one question regarding the Snap map builder - would it be possible to change how the bounds volumes work? I think they should more snugly encompass the meshes of the module. I find the bounds to be much too large. Contracting the collission check does not work either, this leads to other bugs with overlapping geometry. Also, if I have a non-rectangular level, the bound volumes always collide, see the attached example.... How about splitting up the bounds volumes into several modules instead of just one? A lot of perfectly good levels are discarded because of this.

Comment

THIS snapmap builder gives me headaches. It is working with the snapgame modules but not working with my custom made meshes. When i press buil nothing happens, zeroo. I fı choose
                        snap game meshes. It builds that meshes. If i put one of my meshes insişde a room it creates that mesh too, if ı put it out side that room but in the same ömodule level nothing happenns again. I think this of the snap map is very buggy too. And bound volumes dosnt do much ı deleted them the map (snap map) created any way. I fi delete one of the walls the dungeon updates it if ı restart the engine. Soo say me if i am doing sometihing wrong

Comment

I did everything according to book. It sometimes creates the snapmaps sometimes not. This version definetely has bug. It work just with onemap but as soon as i add another when i build the visual map goes emty and nothing generates.

Comment

Hi Ali! Will you be putting 2.13 on the website? Latest on there is 2.11.2

Comment

Gomez_Elguabo Did you remember to add the new module to the module database, and then press the rebuild module database button afterwards?

Comment

Originally posted by dkoding View Post
                                Gomez_Elguabo Did you remember to add the new module to the module database, and then press the rebuild module database button afterwards?
                                Yes i did it, i send you post. And also a post with the spawning issue. I sthere a way to spawn the dungeon where we put it.

Comment

Working...
                                X