Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
    New Visualization mode for the dungeon flow editor

This lets you visualize your dungeon without leaving the editor window. It also allows you to inspect the generated flow graph by double clicking on individual nodes and see how they map to the dungeon rooms

On the top right corner, there's another tab for debugging, which I haven't gotten to yet. This will allow you to visualize how the levels were stitched together as it moves from node to node and also give you a better understanding of why your levels are not generating (e.g. due to collision with existing geometry, insufficient doors to grow through etc)
    Any idea when this version will be released?

Comment

Originally posted by LumberingTroll View Post

Any idea when this version will be released?
      In a week or so after I'm done with the Debug Mode
      Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

In a week or so after I'm done with the Debug Mode
        awesome! thanks for the reply.

Comment

New Visualization mode for the dungeon flow editor

This lets you visualize your dungeon without leaving the editor window. It also allows you to inspect the generated flow graph by double clicking on individual nodes and see how they map to the dungeon rooms

On the top right corner, there's another tab for debugging, which I haven't gotten to yet. This will allow you to visualize how the levels were stitched together as it moves from node to node and also give you a better understanding of why your levels are not generating (e.g. due to collision with existing geometry, insufficient doors to grow through etc)
          This is cool! It will be really useful in dungeon design. Thanks!
          Last edited by HayLo02; 04-26-2019, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hexadecimalentertainment View Post
            LETTICONION The creator of this wonderfull product deserves the price you pay for it...

Just grind money for some weeks instead of begging... He does not need you to beg to finally choose to put this product free on the marketplace.

Compare to other product on the marketplace, this product is more complex and will probably never be free.

No hard feeling Letticonion, but begging only make you look pathetic... Get a job and support devs who already put product at a low price compare to pay hourly a gamedev to do the same job.

Or do like me, save money for the next Epic sales and get what you need to create the game youre dreaming of for so long
            Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post

Stepping in here since this has been reported.

It looks as though you are claiming to have acquired this plugin through piracy. However people decide to dress it up, that effectively means you stole it. If that's the case, you should not expect any support from the creator or anybody else.

If you want support for the plugin, buy it and support the creator. If you can't afford it, tough luck. It's one thing to request a one-off discount, but please stop harrasing the creator to make their plugin free. Judging by the size of this thread it's clearly worth the asking price.

I shouldn't have to say this - but just in case, do not post or share links to pirated content on these forums, as you will receive a warning and/or be immediatelly banned. If you wish to report pirated content, you can report it to the UE4 marketplace team.
            I already deleted it. I got my lesson.

Comment

Hello Ali :-)

I need to get the position of all cells displayed by DA.

As a test i made a loop over the grid dungeon "cells" array:
              Code:
              UGridDungeonModel* GridModel = Cast<UGridDungeonModel>(GetModel());
              TArray<FCell> AllCells = GridModel->Cells;
              But it doesn't seem to give me all the existing cells.
              On the following screenshot i made a loop over the AllCells array as defined hereabove and spawned a red column on each cell:

Click image for larger version  Name:	DACells.jpg Views:	1 Size:	259.1 KB ID:	1613538

As you can see, i get the corridors, but:
              - no corridor padding
              - only the upper left cell of each room
              - no empty space (the green area)

I guess i can find the empty spaces following in c++ the same algorithm as in the emitter blueprint for empty spaces.

But i don't know how to get all the rooms and corridor padding cells.

I need to spawn my actors manually (using GetWorld()->SpawnActor()) and not use the DA theme, because i may spawn multiple actors on each cell, depending on some parameter in my game.

Do you know if there is an array that contains absolutely all the cells spawned by DA ?

Cedric
              Last edited by uced; 04-29-2019, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Oh i looked more carefully and it seems that the corridors paddings are treated same as the rooms: only one cell in a corner.
                So my problem is still there, but it's the same for rooms and paddings.
                I suppose this is by design, any idea of how i can get the coordinates for ALL the cells ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DARoomsCorPad.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	214.4 KB
ID:	1613542

Comment

Ha ha, my mistake :-)

I thought rooms and paddings were COMPOSED of cells.
                  I realized they are only ONE cell.
                  So i just made sub-loops over their Bound.Size to get all the locations i need and tadaaa !
                  Now i'm left with the empty spaces, do you know if DA keeps them somewhere when spawning them (so i don't have to recompute all their locations in c++) ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	AllCells.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	215.5 KB
ID:	1613557

Comment

Originally posted by uced View Post
                    Ha ha, my mistake :-)

I thought rooms and paddings were COMPOSED of cells.
                    I realized they are only ONE cell.
                    So i just made sub-loops over their Bound.Size to get all the locations i need and tadaaa !
                    Now i'm left with the empty spaces, do you know if DA keeps them somewhere when spawning them (so i don't have to recompute all their locations in c++) ?

Click image for larger version  Name:	AllCells.jpg Views:	1 Size:	215.5 KB ID:	1613557
                    uced Try hooking on to the UDungeonEventListener::OnMarkersEmitted function. You can then iterate the marker list (and grab the transforms of all the markers you are interested in (like "CliffWall"). This function is called after all the registered marker emitter blueprints are executed

Code:
                    UCLASS()
                    class UMyListener : public UDungeonEventListener {
                    GENERATED_BODY()
                    public:

virtual void OnMarkersEmitted_Implementation(ADungeon* Dungeon, UPARAM(ref) TArray<FDungeonMarkerInfo>& MarkerList, TArray<FDungeonMarkerInfo>& MarkerListRef) override {
                           // Be sure to call the base class
                           UDungeonEventListener::OnMarkersEmitted_Implementation(Dungeon, MarkerList, MarkerListRef);

// Loop through the list and grab the marker transformers that you are interested in
                        }
                    }
                    Code:
                    /// Register the listener with the dungeon actor
                    UMyListener* MyListener = NewObject<UMyListener>(...)
                    Dungeon->EventListeners.Add(MyListener);

Dungeon->BuildDungeon()
                    Last edited by Ali Akbar; 05-02-2019, 08:44 AM.

Discord Support

Comment

The flow editor gets a new Visualization and Debug Mode. With this you can visualize how you dungeon is built step by step and will help you figure out issues with your snap module generation and connection placements

Discord Support

Comment

I've submitted a new version with the above visualization and debugging features to the marketplace for review

Version 2.13.0
                        • New: Major upgrade to the Dungeon Flow editor with the new Visualize and Debug tabs on the top right
                        • Fix: Pasted markers in the theme editors were not being deleted in some cases

Discord Support

Comment

Ali Akbar
                          Thanks a lot Ali, in the meantime i had coded all the positions i needed in c++ but i'll try to follow your tips, that's exactly what i needed and it's certainly going to be much faster than to recompute everything.
                          Thank you very much as always :-)

Comment

To note: The code respawn version is still on 2.11.2.

Comment

Hello, I have an issue with the SnapMapDungeonBuilder Class in a replicated environment

The client who joins gets automatically kicked from the server when loading up/ instancing a level via the "Build Dungeon" function.

The logs show "ServerUpdateLevelVisibility()" at the point of net closure for the client. After reading the wiki page its related to networked actors in streaming levels.

I had two questions, what does the "Replicate Dungeon" checkbox do? And is there a known/possible workaround for the issue above?

Thanks for an amazing plugin Ali, its been great to work with so far 

Comment

Hello, I have an issue with the SnapMapDungeonBuilder Class in a replicated environment.

When a Client joins a server they get automatically kicked from the server when loading up/ instancing a level via the "Build Dungeon" function.

The logs show "ServerUpdateLevelVisibility()" as the last function call before net closure. The wiki says its related to actors in streamed level over the network, which in this scenario, the levels themselves don't appear to be network streamed (if thats a thing), in my setup, the server generate a dungeon from a seed, which is replicated, clients build this dungeon OnRep_Seed.

I had two questions, what does the "Replicate Dungeon" checkbox do? and is there a known/possible workaround for the issue mentioned above?

Thanks for an amazing plugin Ali, its been great to work with so far 

@agamedevguy twitter
                                Renn Farnell Website

Comment

Working...
                                X