Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post

unit23 Try using Marker Replacement volumes. This lets you replace any existing marker (like a wall with your own named marker). Then you add where ever you like there in the theme editor

Check this video (at 2:14)

This was a really helpful video for me. Thanks for posting it Ali!
    LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
      Submitted a new maintenance release to the marketplace. This is also available now (windows) in on the website Version 2.11.1

• Fix: Fixed an issue where SnapMap builder was not connecting properly to duplicated connection actors
      • Fix: Added Category to UFUNCTIONs to avoid compile errors while packaging
      • Fix: Disabled finding of default minimap material to avoid warning popup dialogs
      2.11.1 update is live on the marketplace
      Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Have you considered having the ability to generate miniature dungeons? For example, 1/10th scale.
        This would be useful for VR, where the player can be surrounded by a miniature dungeon. The player could teleport between holes.
        I was hoping that by setting the scale to 0.05, it would generate a miniature dungeon.

Comment

Have you considered having the ability to generate a dungeon vertically. One of the walls would be the floor, the floor would be a wall and the other wall would be the ceiling. This would allow making a platformer type game level much easier.
          I was hoping that by setting the rotation of the dungeon, it would generating in that direction.

Comment

Originally posted by anidivr View Post
            Have you considered having the ability to generate miniature dungeons? For example, 1/10th scale.
            This would be useful for VR, where the player can be surrounded by a miniature dungeon. The player could teleport between holes.
            I was hoping that by setting the scale to 0.05, it would generate a miniature dungeon.
            That doesn't make sense. If you want smaller dungeon, just make your grid/floors/walls small.

Comment

Its more of a time saver. If I'm bringing in an existing asset pack, I have to miniaturize every asset first.

Comment

Regarding miniature dungeon; the good news is that I'm able to set the scale of all nodes to 0.02 and the dungeon grid cell size to 8,8,4 (1/50th). However, some of the fences are not positioning correctly. Any thoughts?

Click image for larger version

Name:	miniature-dungeon.png
Views:	4
Size:	407.6 KB
ID:	1584692
                Attached Files

Comment

It can be done with a single blueprint (dungeon event listeners). You'll hook on to the OnMarkersEmitted event, which is called before they are sent to the theming engine, and modify the markers any way you like (in this case scale them down, including their positions). I'll give you an example when I get to work tomorrow

Here's an example of using this method to create a curved dungeon

Discord Support

Comment

Regarding miniature dungeon;
                    I figured it out. I missed the offsets in the Glass Fence Marker Emitter Nodes.

Comment

2.11.1 was not pushed on engine version 4.19 and is still on 2.11.0. I've sent a mail to the marketplace team

Discord Support

Comment

Submitted a new version to the marketplace. It is also uploaded on my website (windows). It fixes a packaging issue on 4.19

Version 2.11.2
                        • Fix: Fixed a packaging issue on older engine versions by performing a check while shutting down the plugin

Discord Support

Comment

Have you considered having the ability to generate a dungeon vertically. One of the walls would be the floor, the floor would be a wall and the other wall would be the ceiling. This would allow making a platformer type game level much easier.
                          I was hoping that by setting the rotation of the dungeon, it would generating in that direction.
                          I just purchased DA still going through the tutorials, but im in real need of this option too, for a project in production. can you tell me if this is possible with the current version.
                          Thanks in advance.

Comment

anidivr ED SOLO It won't work simply by swapping the walls / ceilings as you'll need to take gravity into consideration (reachable places). Instead the new snap builder and graph grammar can be used to generate platformer levels.

I'll have to add another small feature to lock the rotation of the modules in different axis (as we don't want to rotate platformer modules designed with jump accessibility in mind)

The game Dead Cells does this by piecing together small hand made platform modules based on some layout graph. Each module also has some random variation.

You can make something similar with Snap Map builder + the new Graph Grammar. You can use prefabricator to add randomness in your modules

Discord Support

Comment

Documentation for the new snap builder and the dungeon flow system

https://coderespawn.github.io/dungeo...ser-guide-ue4/

Discord Support

Comment

Thanks for the reply ill be looking into the snap builder today. the prefabricator is fantastic, and iam currently making good use of it .

Comment

Working...
                                X