• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added support for static and dynamic icons. Also added Fog of War

The following levels (and minimaps) were generated from the below graph

Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

The next update is looking pretty epic. Good stuff.

Comment

This will be an awesome update !

I have a little problem : I added a FloorPlanDoorVolume. It added the door but didn't remove the wall inside...

[EDIT] After some destructions / rebuild, It fixed itself by itself lol. Another problem appeared. Maybe am I getting it wrong but here is the problem : The marker selected is the Door marker, no matter what name you write. On the screenshot, I added a white "slab" on top of the OutsideDoor but it used the regular version with a wall part on top.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ChezJau; 01-29-2019, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychojau View Post
          This will be an awesome update !

I have a little problem : I added a FloorPlanDoorVolume. It added the door but didn't remove the wall inside...

[EDIT] After some destructions / rebuild, It fixed itself by itself lol. Another problem appeared. Maybe am I getting it wrong but here is the problem : The marker selected is the Door marker, no matter what name you write. On the screenshot, I added a white "slab" on top of the OutsideDoor but it used the regular version with a wall part on top.
          Psychojau Try Marker Replacement volumes

Discord Support

Comment

New sample game (wip) that will ship with the next build

Discord Support

Comment

Replaced the icons with free ones (Font Awesome)

Discord Support

Comment

The minimap icon dimensions can be specified in pixels or world units. Specifying in world units is helpful as larger dungeons will be scaled down to fit in the texture and the icons will also scale accordingly (like in the above image, they fit in the room correctly)

Discord Support

Comment

Any ETA on this update? I am really looking forward to this and have been holding off till it comes out. :P Anxious is all

Comment

Originally posted by riuthamus View Post
                    Any ETA on this update? I am really looking forward to this and have been holding off till it comes out. :P Anxious is all
                    riuthamus I'm working on finalizing it asap. I'll release it in a few days

Discord Support

Comment

Implemented teleporters in the sample game. You can use this as a base for your own games. These are great for jumping around to previously explored locations (like in dead cells)

Discord Support

Comment

The theme editor now supports any type of asset. If you can drop an asset in the level editor, you can also drop it in the theme editor and if it doesn't understand it (e.g. prefabricator asset, paper2d, third party assets, etc) it would create an actor node and ask the editor to initialize the actor node template with the asset

This removes a big limitation we had previously for supporting third party assets in the dungeon theme. This also works in standalone builds

In the video below, DA doesn't know anything about Paper2D or Prefabricator

Last edited by Ali Akbar; 02-04-2019, 12:28 AM.

Discord Support

Comment

The actor nodes show better thumbnails. They used to show actor class thumbs. Now it tries to extract the asset it uses and show that instead. If not, it falls back to showing the class icon

Before:

After:

Discord Support

Comment

Create multi-floor dungeons easily with the new dungeon flow system using graph grammars

The Graph Grammar rules to generate this

RESULT GRAPH used by the snap builder

Discord Support

Comment

Must have, CAN NOT WAIT!!! :P

Comment

I've release 2.11.0 on my website (only Windows). I'll test the mac version and submit the update to the marketplace for review tomorrow

Edit: Mac version is also available on the website

Version 2.11.0
                                • New: Dungeon Flow Editor - Design and control the flow of your dungeons using this powerful new feature using Graph Grammars
                                • New: Snap Map Builder: A new builder that allows you to stitch pre-made rooms together using the dungeon flow system. This builder has now been moved out of work in progress state
                                • New: Mini Map framework - Generate procedural mini-maps for your dungeons and decorate them with your materials. It supports fog of war, static and dynamic icons and other features
                                • New: Level Streaming Framework - A reusable node based level streaming framework that loads only the nearby accessible rooms on demand, keeping the framerate high
                                • New: Level Streaming Navigation - Optimized level navigation system that properly updates as new new chunks are streamed in
                                • New: Proto Tools - New Prototyping art assets to quickly create dungeon pieces and rooms for your SnapMap builder
                                • New: Modes Category - The modes window now has placement categories for Dungeon Architect and ProtoTools to easily find and drop related actors on to the scene
                                • New: Added a sample game to demonstrate the new Snap Map dungeon builder
                                • New: Added blueprint access to cluster themes
                                • New: Theme editor supports drag-drop of any type of asset from the content browser. If it doesn't understand an asset (e.g. Paper2d, Prefabricator), it would create an actor node and ask the engine to initialize the template. This removes the previous limitaion of supporting third-party plugins
                                • New: Theme editor shows better thumbnail for the actor node by showing the thumbs of the asset it uses. If it cannot find one, it falls back to the class type icon like before
                                • Fix: Fixed a null pointer issue with the marker emitter node in some cases of bulk deletion
                                • Fix: Fixed all level streaming stability issues
                                • Fix: The snap map builder generates the dungeon from the Dungeon Actor's location instead of (0,0,0)
                                • EXPERIMENTAL: Grid Builder Thick Wall/Door Support - Redesigned the grid builder layout strategy to fully support thick walls and doors (i.e. walls/doors taking up one full tile, instead of an edge)
                                Last edited by Ali Akbar; 02-07-2019, 07:37 AM. Reason: mac version

Discord Support

Comment

Working...
                                X