X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Psychojau View Post
    Hello,
    Thank you for your work !
    The documentation dosn't explain how to build and connect multiple floors. The Floor Plan is great but doesn't add stairs between floors. Could you shed some light on this, please ? Thanks again !
    Psychojau I'll add support for stairs in the near future. There's support for lifts with volumes with a sample in the quick start guide
    Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

I've added a serialization system to the level streaming framework. This allows you to automatically serialize the state of your actors when a room is streamed out of memory so it gets restored back in correctly when it gets loaded again (e.g. treasure chests, npc health, pickups etc). You can also grab the spawned door actor from the connection actor reference. This allows you to open / close a door from blueprints

More info here:

Discord Support

Comment

I tried making a SelectorLogic and a MarkerEmitter.
        The first one allows me to place a door or stairs in preview but... with the exact same dungeon setup : nothing in the level.
        The second one allows nothing since it's not as in the video.

Comment

Psychojau In he level's dungeon actor, did you register you rmarker emitter. Please have a look at the quick start sample demos.

The theme in the DA_TutorialGame folder contains a simple marker emitter example by placing objects inside a room

In the above example you also have an example of a selector logic BP (blue ground tiles for rooms) and transform logic BP (random jitter rotation on the orange ground tiles)

The Hell Forge demo contains a more complex marker emitter for building a cave like structure

Discord Support

Comment

DA 3.0 Roadmap

I'll haves these features available more frequently (in versions 2.xx) as they are available instead of one giant update in 3.0

Some of the bigger features like mission graph, level streaming, prefab are already implemented and will available in the next update (2.11.0). Let me know if you like to see a certain feature not mentioned in the list

Discord Support

Comment

I would like to see curved and angled connections/rooms. This would also be useful for the city builder feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Wysardry View Post
                I would like to see curved and angled connections/rooms. This would also be useful for the city builder feature.
                There's a spline framework planned, it should be useful for this

Discord Support

Comment

Added Navigation support with the level streaming system. Updated it to add / remove levels from the navigation system as they are made available by the streaming system. It also updates the nav mesh bounds volume for each level chunk that was added / removed. This is more optimal than having a large nav mesh bounds volume that would cover the entire world

Discord Support

Comment

Ali Akbar - You've added on the roadmap all those new builders, when the ones we have now are not finished. for example the floor plan builder is still experimental as far as I know and can still make only square/rectangular buildings like blocks. no way to create a mansion or a hut with it.
                    Cave building can be easily made with grid and snap builders combined with assets from marketplace.
                    circular city is in my opinion less important and used thank buildings in games. by far. Once again just an opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeIV View Post
                      Ali Akbar - You've added on the roadmap all those new builders, when the ones we have now are not finished. for example the floor plan builder is still experimental as far as I know and can still make only square/rectangular buildings like blocks. no way to create a mansion or a hut with it.
                      Cave building can be easily made with grid and snap builders combined with assets from marketplace.
                      circular city is in my opinion less important and used thank buildings in games. by far. Once again just an opinion.
                      @AngelV finalising the existing builders is also part of the plan, I'm starting with the snap builder. The floorplan needs a rewrite to support the flow graph, similar to this which I'll be doing in the future 2.xx builds

Discord Support

Comment

Have you ever considered implementing something like this?

edit* links went weird.

https://marian42.itch.io/wfc

https://github.com/mxgmn/WaveFunctionCollapse

Last edited by elec2ron; 01-27-2019, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Added a minimap framework with procedural layout generation. It is material based so artists can decorate it

Discord Support

Comment

Minimap

Discord Support

Comment

Ali Akbar

Would it be possible to use minimap in a 2D (or 3D) UMG widget ?

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
                                Ali Akbar

Would it be possible to use minimap in a 2D (or 3D) UMG widget ?
                                motorsep you can use in both 2D and 3D UMG

Discord Support

Comment

Working...
                                X