Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ali Akbar

Where can I get source code for DA (for 4.21.x) ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post

Since 4.15 is too far behind, merging is causing issues. I'm still working on it
      Thank you very much for efforts, appreciate that! Don't you have an old package around from that time? I would be happy with that, don't need the latest features, just get me started. Thanks again, Kindest Regards, Ricky

Comment

Originally posted by ricky View Post

Thank you very much for efforts, appreciate that! Don't you have an old package around from that time? I would be happy with that, don't need the latest features, just get me started. Thanks again, Kindest Regards, Ricky
        ricky I've send you a PM with link for version 2.6.2. You can use that with 4.15
        Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

ricky I've send you a PM with link for version 2.6.2. You can use that with 4.15
          ali worked out of the box, was even able to download your content starter pack, thank you so much!!! Vote for Akbar, Akbar for President!!!

Comment

We can now have thick walls that take up a full tile (in addition to the previously supported thin walls that take up the edge). This requires a completely different layout connection strategy (since the doors cannot be placed on the corners of the room due to thick wall tiles) and the new system handles it well

This is also required for proper 2D level generation as wall sprites take up a tile. Later this can be extended to support doors of width greater than 1 tile

I'm working on Paper2D support

Discord Support

Comment

The prefab tools is going to be a HUGE benefit to the snap dungeon. All other workflows are pretty awkward. Its also an amazing tool by itself. Very exciting stuff Ali! Thank you!

I would be keen to see a video of someone using the prefab tool to make a dungeon if anyone has merged them yet.
              JcInventory, a Jigsaw Grid based Inventory designed in UMG and blueprint

Comment

Major update to DA that will open up tons of possibilities

Discord Support

Comment

Very nice. Do we have an ETA for the next update?

Comment

Hi Ali Akbar, I recently made a dungeon that works great. but I have a landscape and I would like the landscape modifier to not modify all landscape only the landscape cells around the dungeon the rest of it should keep the structure, right now I don't know how to proceed if you can please guide me. Maybe to add some code or blueprint I am familiar with programming. Thank you!

Comment

May I ask, is DA limited to using only rectangle or square passages/rooms? By that, I mean can it handle various angles or curves for making a more natural look?

Comment

Originally posted by J.C. Smith View Post
                        Very nice. Do we have an ETA for the next update?
                        There a bit more testing / polishing to be done. I'll release it in a week or two

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Ion Cocarcea View Post
                          Hi Ali Akbar, I recently made a dungeon that works great. but I have a landscape and I would like the landscape modifier to not modify all landscape only the landscape cells around the dungeon the rest of it should keep the structure, right now I don't know how to proceed if you can please guide me. Maybe to add some code or blueprint I am familiar with programming. Thank you!
                          Ion Cocarcea This is not supported yet but should be possible and I'll add it in the next build.

If you'd like to try this yourself, have a look at this code
                          DungeonArchitect\Source\DungeonArchitectRuntime\Private\Core\Landscape\DungeonLandscapeModifier.cpp

Code:
                          Rasterizer.Blur(HeightBlurRadius, HeightBlurIterations);
                          Here the dungeon layout is first rasterized into pixels (for height map data) with white pixels for layout on a black background (0-255). This data is then blurred to give you gray shades (this creates the smooth slopes around the dungeon layout).

The next step would be to use this as a mask to interpolate between the existing landscape data and the dungeon data, or you can wait for the next update

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Nagual101 View Post
                            May I ask, is DA limited to using only rectangle or square passages/rooms? By that, I mean can it handle various angles or curves for making a more natural look?
                            For the snap builder, you can have any shaped rooms, however there's a constraint (for performance reason) that the doors should be placed on the edge of the bounding box

Discord Support

Comment

Ion Cocarcea This is not supported yet but should be possible and I'll add it in the next build.

If you'd like to try this yourself, have a look at this code
                              DungeonArchitect\Source\DungeonArchitectRuntime\Private\Core\Landscape\DungeonLandscapeModifier.cpp

Code:
                              Rasterizer.Blur(HeightBlurRadius, HeightBlurIterations);
                              Here the dungeon layout is first rasterized into pixels (for height map data) with white pixels for layout on a black background (0-255). This data is then blurred to give you gray shades (this creates the smooth slopes around the dungeon layout).

The next step would be to use this as a mask to interpolate between the existing landscape data and the dungeon data, or you can wait for the next update
                              I think now I remember why I left that out. Before we modify the landscape data, we need to save the source data somewhere externally. If we take what's already there in the landscape and try to blend it in, it won't look good on a dungeon rebuild (it will take the previously baked dungeon layout and blend on top of that). So the baking should be non destructive and a rebuild should be able to fully restore the original data and bake the new layout

Saving this height map data in the dungeon actor is also not a good idea as it adds unnecessary memory overhead. One way is to provide a custom asset file were you can dump the heightmap data and use it as a source

Discord Support

Comment

Hello,
                                Thank you for your work !
                                The documentation dosn't explain how to build and connect multiple floors. The Floor Plan is great but doesn't add stairs between floors. Could you shed some light on this, please ? Thanks again !

Comment

Working...
                                X