Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by TSK View Post
    Hi Ali Akbar ,

    I attempted to do the Marker emitter solution but couldn't get the right maths for the vector creation. I sent a screenshot into the DA UE4 discord, would it be possible for you to jump on there when you get a chance and help me solve this? I'm certain it'll be a silly thing that I'm missing, but any help would be great

    Thanks as always!
    TSK Looks like the message didn't went through. Could you PM me?
    Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

    Discord Support

    Comment


      ProtoTools - Use it for quickly building your snap modules or dungeon themes

      More info here



      Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

      Discord Support

      Comment


        Added a placements category for proto tools


        Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

        Discord Support

        Comment


          Ali Akbar - Is the theme using the Fantasy Dungeon asset pack you were working on available now?
          Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

          Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

          Comment


            Here's the post once more Ali Akbar , it has been updated. Hoping you would be able to give insight

            Also another quick question regarding marker emitters, would they be able to use the cell id value to isolate individual rooms? And do you have any examples of this you could send a screenshot of for R & D? Expanding on this, would I mix this marker emitter idea with a selector logic to be able to have these markers only generate the walls of a selected cell? Or would there be an expansion within the marker emitter bp that could create this kind of functionality?

            Thinking about this a bit more would an is near function work to isolate the walls?

            So in a nutshell, isolate specific cells, and isolate the wall's of that cell.

            Thanks as always

            Here's the post I put on Discord -
            I'm trying to create a marker emitter for each corner of a room, now thus far when dividing the room coords by 4 you'll get one corner. Do the same thing but add the central node coordinates and you get the opposite corner. Now there are still 2 corners to have emitters placed in them. Now maybe I'm just be silly, but mathematically I presumed if I break the vector and add the x value of the divide by 4 value to the x value of the divide by 2 it would isolate a single corner then rinse and repeat on the y values to create all 4 markers. But to no avail, it seems to be using the whole dungeon bounds instead of the room bounds. But maybe I'm just missing something, anyone came across a similar issue and figured out a fix?
            Click image for larger version  Name:	CornerProblems.png Views:	1 Size:	168.6 KB ID:	1559022
            Last edited by TSK; 12-14-2018, 09:48 AM.

            Comment


              Hi Ali,
              I purchased your Dungeon Architect directly from your website, because via Epic Launcher only Versions > 4.18 are available, but I need a Version for UE 4.15.3.
              Unfortunately also your website offers only downloadable version > 4.18. Can you please send me a download link to 4.15.3 Version on Windows.
              And please check your eMail-Account, because your eMail on your purchase receipt seems to be broken...
              Kindest regards in Advance
              Ricky

              Comment


                Ali, can you provide a brief tutorial on the map snap builder? I don't understand how the Snap Map Connection is used to link the different room levels. Also, is it required that each room be a single mesh? How is the collision mesh calculated? Using individual meshes? Or do I need to provide one?

                Comment


                  This looks like a really useful tool. I have a few questions though.

                  Does this install from the launcher for the precompiled binary version of UE? In other words, could I use it without needing a C++ compiler?

                  Are there any plans to include curved corridors? How about roads, rooms, buildings and corridors at 30/45/60 degree angles?

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by ricky View Post
                    Hi Ali,
                    I purchased your Dungeon Architect directly from your website, because via Epic Launcher only Versions > 4.18 are available, but I need a Version for UE 4.15.3.
                    Unfortunately also your website offers only downloadable version > 4.18. Can you please send me a download link to 4.15.3 Version on Windows.
                    And please check your eMail-Account, because your eMail on your purchase receipt seems to be broken...
                    Kindest regards in Advance
                    Ricky
                    Ricky, apologies for the delayed response. I'll create a 4.15 build for you soon
                    Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                    Discord Support

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by TheCouch View Post
                      Ali, can you provide a brief tutorial on the map snap builder? I don't understand how the Snap Map Connection is used to link the different room levels. Also, is it required that each room be a single mesh? How is the collision mesh calculated? Using individual meshes? Or do I need to provide one?
                      TheCouch A few things have changed in the new build. I'll create a tutorial shortly with the next update
                      Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                      Discord Support

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Wysardry View Post
                        This looks like a really useful tool. I have a few questions though.

                        Does this install from the launcher for the precompiled binary version of UE? In other words, could I use it without needing a C++ compiler?

                        Are there any plans to include curved corridors? How about roads, rooms, buildings and corridors at 30/45/60 degree angles?
                        Wysardry Like other code plugins, it works without a C++ compiler. However with the recent engine versions, I believe it requires you to install Visual Studio to create shipping builds (I'll confirm this)
                        Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                        Discord Support

                        Comment


                          I released a free Prefab tool that will help with snap module creation. Check it out here

                          Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                          Discord Support

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post

                            Ricky, apologies for the delayed response. I'll create a 4.15 build for you soon

                            Hey Ali, thank you very much for your reply!! Can you be more specific what you mean with "soon", waiting now for three weeks on your resonse... Kindest Regards, Ricky

                            Comment


                              Ali Akbar

                              Somehow when I try installing DA from the launcher, I only see UE 4.19 version. I am using 4.21.1 - how can I install DA for 4.21.1 ?

                              False alarm
                              Last edited by motorsep; 01-07-2019, 09:18 PM.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by ricky View Post


                                Hey Ali, thank you very much for your reply!! Can you be more specific what you mean with "soon", waiting now for three weeks on your resonse... Kindest Regards, Ricky
                                Since 4.15 is too far behind, merging is causing issues. I'm still working on it
                                Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                                Discord Support

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X