• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zouking View Post
    Hello,
    I am having trouble building my game, I keep getting"

Can anyone help with that?

{SOLVED}
    how was this solved? Ran into the same issue trying to build for win64 with ue4.20
    Last edited by Gim117; 11-24-2018, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anasel View Post
      Hello Ali & everyone

I would like to know if there is any documentation / quick start guide for using the Dungeon Flow System, if not maybe just a quick paragraph to get us started using it.
      I think it's an amazing feature and kind of what was missing to really take advantage of the power of Runtime Dungeon Generation but I couldn't get a grasp of how it's supposed to work.

Thanks in advance,
      Anasel I'll have this feature available soon
      Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by TSK View Post
        Hi Ali Akbar,

I've had a quick go at getting that function to work but as you've said the selection and spawn logics don't work in tandem. So I was wondering if I created a separate blueprint for the object, which had a how many of these objects have spawned checker and the had a destroy self if over N would that theoretically work?

I appreciate it's not quite DA related but thought you may have better insight than myself

Cheers!

***Edit***

So I created a spawn logic like this, however as expected once the counter reaches over 1 it's destroying all instances of the actor. Is there any way I could keep a singular instance spawned but destroy the rest?
        You could try using a marker emitter blueprint. This allows you to query the entire level layout and emit markers where you need them (N in your case). There are a few examples in the quick start samples (e.g. the room center emitter, which emits a marker at the center of the room. You can use the same logic to emit markers on different rooms you select)

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Gim117 View Post

how was this solved? Ran into the same issue trying to build for win64 with ue4.20
          The issue is caused because I used a very generic name for one of the data structures named FCell. If another library uses the same name, it won't link while building. In C++ the right way to fix this would be to wrap this in a namespace, but that is not supported with USTRUCT and UCLASS due to engine constraints.

I'll rename FCell to FGridCell in the next build and add a class redirect in the plugin config so it doesn't break anything

Discord Support

Comment

I've fixed streaming issues and other crash issues with the snap builder. It also works with BSP if you want to prototype your levels with it.

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post

The issue is caused because I used a very generic name for one of the data structures named FCell. If another library uses the same name, it won't link while building. In C++ the right way to fix this would be to wrap this in a namespace, but that is not supported with USTRUCT and UCLASS due to engine constraints.

I'll rename FCell to FGridCell in the next build and add a class redirect in the plugin config so it doesn't break anything
              This is great thanks! looking forward to it. I really love this plugin

Comment

I began to place prefixes everywhere because that...
                For example nowadays I would call it something like "FDGA_Cell", etc. Tired of hitting this kind of issue drove me to that :s
                | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Hi Ali :-)

I hope you're well !

I have an issue with multiple themes, don't know if it's by design.

I'd like to give the players the possibility to add an optional theme containing a ceiling on top of rooms.

So i've added an extra theme containing only the ceiling.

Main theme:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	GroundTheme.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	1557889

Optional theme:

Name:	CeilingTheme.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	1557887

But when i load both themes, i get either the ground or the ceiling, apparently randomly:

Name:	DoubleThemePb.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	1557891

Am i missing an option to fully add multiple themes or is that something you can fix ?

Cedric

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by uced View Post
                    Hi Ali :-)

I hope you're well !

I have an issue with multiple themes, don't know if it's by design.

I'd like to give the players the possibility to add an optional theme containing a ceiling on top of rooms.

So i've added an extra theme containing only the ceiling.

Main theme:
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	GroundTheme.jpg Views:	2 Size:	46.3 KB ID:	1557889

Optional theme:
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	CeilingTheme.jpg Views:	1 Size:	51.9 KB ID:	1557887

But when i load both themes, i get either the ground or the ceiling, apparently randomly:
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	DoubleThemePb.jpg Views:	3 Size:	210.4 KB ID:	1557891

Am i missing an option to fully add multiple themes or is that something you can fix ?

Cedric

Hey Cedric, in your base theme file create an empty marker with a name (like OptionalCeiling). Then from the base theme's ground node, emit a marker emitter to OptionalCeiling with probablity 1

Similary create another marker OptionalCeiling in the optional theme file as well and add the ceiling meshes there.

When the theme engine encounters OptionalCeiling in the scene, it will search for all the theme files that have this marker (excluding the empty ones, which is the base theme file). If more than one themes have the same marker, it randomly picks one (which is why you are getting the ground marker issues)

The hell forge demo uses multiple themes in this way

Discord Support

Comment

Thanks again Ali, super clear and worked wonderfully :-)

Name:	CeilingOK.jpg
Size:	224.8 KB
ID:	1557992

Thanks also for the explanation about how markers with the same name are handled, very very useful :-)

Cheers
                      Cedric

Comment

Created a few characters and a cell shader to use with DA Sample games.

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Raverix View Post
                          Hello, I just purchased the Dungeon Architect, and when I go into 'Paint Mode', I'm expecting to see blue and green tiles representing the path, but neither show, just a black outline as I move the cursor, suggestions?

Raverix I'll fix the paint cursor issue in the next update

I'm having the same problem. There is just a black outline. I've tested it with the samples (the soul cave, the ice and fire forges) and they all just return a black outline. I've searched this thread and didn't find anything. I don't believe this is a bug with the plugin itself, so how do I fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by SakushiMei View Post

I'm having the same problem. There is just a black outline. I've tested it with the samples (the soul cave, the ice and fire forges) and they all just return a black outline. I've searched this thread and didn't find anything. I don't believe this is a bug with the plugin itself, so how do I fix this?
                            I've tested this recently and it showed up after a while. It's probably a bug and I need to explicitly ask the engine to load the material. I'll have a closer look

Discord Support

Comment

I've tested this recently and it showed up after a while. It's probably a bug and I need to explicitly ask the engine to load the material. I'll have a closer look
                              Thanks!

Another note: when destroying and creating the dungeon back again with paint mode, the tiles come back. Is this an expected bug?

Comment

Hi Ali Akbar ,

I attempted to do the Marker emitter solution but couldn't get the right maths for the vector creation. I sent a screenshot into the DA UE4 discord, would it be possible for you to jump on there when you get a chance and help me solve this? I'm certain it'll be a silly thing that I'm missing, but any help would be great

Thanks as always!

***Edit***

Here's the post I put on Discord -

I'm trying to create a marker emitter for each corner of a room, now thus far when dividing the room coords by 4 you'll get one corner. Do the same thing but add the central node coordinates and you get the opposite corner. Now there are still 2 corners to have emitters placed in them. Now maybe I'm just be silly, but mathematically I presumed if I break the vector and add the x value of the divide by 4 value to the x value of the divide by 2 it would isolate a single corner then rinse and repeat on the y values to create all 4 markers. But to no avail, it seems to be using the whole dungeon bounds instead of the room bounds. But maybe I'm just missing something, anyone came across a similar issue and figured out a fix?

Name:	CornerProblems.png
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	1559022

Last edited by TSK; 12-04-2018, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X