Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Ali Akbar
    Great plugin! Is there a way to move the snap dungeon or spawn it other than the 0.0.0 origin?

    Comment


      Hello Ali Akbar and fellow Dungeon Architect Users,

      We seek to duplicate the creation in the video below using the floor plan builder. We're aware that the Floor Plan Builder is work in progress. But its still amazing looking and peaked our interest. Can someone please explain how set up Markers to spawn the whole elevator system in the procedural generation? We did not see these details in the user guide. We deeply appreciated any and all assistance offered.

      ExORION Sci-Fi Action/Terror FPS needs 3D KitBashers and Blueprinters. Join Our Discord.

      Comment


        Originally posted by zouking View Post
        Hello,
        I am having trouble building my game, I keep getting"

        Can anyone help with that?

        {SOLVED}

        FCell is a USTRUCT and I unfortunately cannot use a namespace with it (as UE4 doesn't support it with ustructs). In the future I'll change FCell name to something else so it doesn't clash with other libraries that also use the same name

        Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

        Discord Support

        Comment


          Originally posted by Vokyupi View Post
          Ali Akbar Thanks for your reply. I got also another question. Is there a way to change clustered themes on the run time?
          At the moment no. I've exposed the Cluster Theme list variable to blueprints so you should be able to access and modify it at runtime (on version 2.10.1+)

          Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

          Discord Support

          Comment


            Originally posted by zouking View Post
            Ali Akbar
            Great plugin! Is there a way to move the snap dungeon or spawn it other than the 0.0.0 origin?
            I'll change it to have it build relative to the dungeon actor's location so your start room should be where the dungeon actor is
            Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

            Discord Support

            Comment


              Originally posted by TechLord View Post
              Hello Ali Akbar and fellow Dungeon Architect Users,

              We seek to duplicate the creation in the video below using the floor plan builder. We're aware that the Floor Plan Builder is work in progress. But its still amazing looking and peaked our interest. Can someone please explain how set up Markers to spawn the whole elevator system in the procedural generation? We did not see these details in the user guide. We deeply appreciated any and all assistance offered.

              TechLord I used a room volume to spawn the lift. A room can span multiple floors (like the building's lobby in the entrance). If you have a look at the properties of the volume used to spawn the lift, I have set the following marker names:



              This would emit one marker named LiftCabin and multiple markers named LiftHolder, for each floor the volume spans. In the theme file, I create markers with the same names and emit the lift blueprint under LiftCabin marker and the lift visuals for each floor under LiftHolder marker


              Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

              Discord Support

              Comment


                Version 2.10.0 available for download from my website (for Windows and Mac)

                I've also submitted to the marketplace for review


                Version 2.10.0
                • New: Added Engine 4.21 support
                • New: Added a search field and scroll bar in the theme editor's Markers window
                • New: Added a new 'Dungeon Architect' category in the Level editor's Modes panel. This lets you easily place dungeon related actors in the level
                • New: Added an experimental cell distribution method in the Grid Builder. It is fast and lets you create large dungeons by specifying the dungeon width and height. More info here: https://coderespawn.page.link/jTpt
                • New: The Mission graph editor's (Dungeon Flow) RHS graph grammar rule take in weights and are randomly selected based on the weights during substitution
                • Fix: Fixed an optimization issue with the grid builder
                • Fix: Fixed a Content Browser spawn bug in the theme editor

                Full Change Log here
                Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                Discord Support

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post

                  TechLord I used a room volume to spawn the lift. A room can span multiple floors (like the building's lobby in the entrance). If you have a look at the properties of the volume used to spawn the lift, I have set the following marker names:



                  This would emit one marker named LiftCabin and multiple markers named LiftHolder, for each floor the volume spans. In the theme file, I create markers with the same names and emit the lift blueprint under LiftCabin marker and the lift visuals for each floor under LiftHolder marker

                  I truly appreciate the prompt and thorough response. Thank you. Ill post screenshots of our result in the near future.
                  ExORION Sci-Fi Action/Terror FPS needs 3D KitBashers and Blueprinters. Join Our Discord.

                  Comment


                    I bought your assets and the project could not be opened after the plugin was enabled on my computer. Please check the problem for me. This is my computer property

                    Comment


                      Do you know how long it will be until 2.10 is added to the Unreal Marketplace so I can us it with Unreal 4.21?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by paliacci View Post
                        I bought your assets and the project could not be opened after the plugin was enabled on my computer. Please check the problem for me. This is my computer property
                        paliacci looks like a Mac deployment issue on the marketplace. I've submitted a new update a few days ago and the new re-deployment should fix it.. I'll also follow up with the marketplace team and keep you posted
                        Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                        Discord Support

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by darkhemic View Post
                          Do you know how long it will be until 2.10 is added to the Unreal Marketplace so I can us it with Unreal 4.21?
                          darkhemic I've submitted it for review and it is in Pending state.. i'll keep you updated on any progress.

                          In the mean time, if any of you have a Marketplace license, you could grab the latest version of the plugin (2.10.0) from my website and use it with your 4.21 projects till the marketplace version is available.. (PM me for website access)


                          Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                          Discord Support

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post

                            paliacci looks like a Mac deployment issue on the marketplace. I've submitted a new update a few days ago and the new re-deployment should fix it.. I'll also follow up with the marketplace team and keep you posted
                            okay, thank you.

                            Comment


                              Hi Ali!

                              Been using DA for a fair while now, and following the updates as they come. I did have a couple queries I was hoping you could help me figure out, or possibly add in a future update. I've been trying to find a way to have objects spawn only once in a room/corridor, is there any method you can think of that would give us a functionality of setting a max spawn amount for an object?

                              The other thing I was hoping for a bit of insight into is how to isolate corners within a room, I have the functionality of creating markers in the corners of rooms and corridors, but this doesn't allow much control over how things are spawned. I started to try and make marker emitters that would use the same concept of room center markers, except instead of dividing the x and y by 2, dividing by 4 to get one corner then isolating this to the x and y values to get the remaining 3 corners but to no avail.

                              Any insight into this would be fantastic!

                              Thanks as always

                              P.S. If you'd prefer to chat about this over discord I left these questions in the general chat as well.

                              Comment


                                Hey TSK, You can attach a spawn logic blueprint to your mesh nodes. (select them on the theme editor and you'll see it in the details panel). In this blueprint, you'll override OnItemSpawn function and it gets executed when the item is spawned on the scene. You can use this to set your variables (count = count + 1). Then use the selection logic BP to see if we can execute this node (if count < N). However, we don't have a way of accessing shared data to set a counter from the spawn/selector blueprints. I'll explore ways of providing a blackboard as an input to these blueprints

                                I've built a new designer friendly system for spatial constraints. It is in Unity and opens up various possibilities. I'll bring it to UE4 soon

                                Last edited by Ali Akbar; 11-21-2018, 07:16 AM. Reason: typo
                                Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                                Discord Support

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X