No announcement yet.

Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The dungeon flow looks really cool, any docs on how to use it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
      Procedural Mission Designer (Dungeon Flow)

Hey everyone, I've been working on a editor that will give you more control on the flow of your dungeon. It is driven by grammar rules where you define simple rules to create infinite no. of complex mission graphs and level layouts. The DA builders (i.e. layout algorithms) would then take this graph and build a level layout accordingly. You can define your own rules or use pre-built ones

The example below demonstrates a Key-Lock relationship created using 4 grammar rules. The white arrows show the passable connections and the green arrows show the locks that the key opens. It creates a valid key-lock path where the user can reach the goal without getting stuck

[The graph on the right is procedurally generated]

(...)
      Hi Ali, the mission designer looks incredible.

Would you be able to provide a few tips on how to use it? Just a few simple bullets to get us started.

Thank you!

Comment

2.9.0 crashes in Standalone - UE 4.20
        -
        Steps to repro:
        Make a clean project.
        Enable DA 2.9.0.
        Launch in standalone.
        Crasherino.

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

UE4Editor_DungeonArchitectRuntime
        UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UClass::CreateDefaultObject() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:2902]
        UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObjectLoadAllCompil

Comment

GridDungeonQuery->IsNearMarker. The body is commented out. This method will no longer ever return true. PropSockets on Builder class is protected. I see there is a GetMarkers method. I am guessing the code should have been updated to use this new method instead of the property.

Thanks.
          Last edited by Aladin Sane; 07-25-2018, 12:36 PM.

Comment

4.20 update is live in the marketplace. DrinkThisPotion I'll check the error tomorrow
            Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by FS Creations View Post

Hi Ali, the mission designer looks incredible.

Would you be able to provide a few tips on how to use it? Just a few simple bullets to get us started.

Thank you!
              FS Creations, elec2ron Thank you. It is not hooked with any builders/layout generators so you can't create any levels yet. I'll have more info on it in the next update
              Last edited by Ali Akbar; 07-25-2018, 03:11 PM. Reason: tag

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by DrinkThisPotion View Post
                2.9.0 crashes in Standalone - UE 4.20
                -
                Steps to repro:
                Make a clean project.
                Enable DA 2.9.0.
                Launch in standalone.
                Crasherino.

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

UE4Editor_DungeonArchitectRuntime
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UClass::CreateDefaultObject() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:2902]
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObjectLoadAllCompil
                Submitted a new update 2.9.1

Version 2.9.1
                * Fix: Fixed a crash issue in standalone builds launched from the editor
                * New: Level streaming supports unloading of hidden maps from memory

Discord Support

Comment

Hello Ali Akbar, IsNearMarker is doesn't work. Check please. Thank you.

Comment

Hey Ali,

Trying to compile my project in 4.20 (using vs2017) gives me the following error:

Code:
                    2>F:/UE4_Install/UE_4.20/Engine/Plugins/Marketplace/DungeonArchitect/Source/DungeonArchitectRuntime/Public/Builders/SnapMap/Connection/SnapMapConnectionActor.h(22) : LogCompile: Error: An explicit Category specifier is required for any property exposed to the editor or Blueprints in an Engine module.
                    Edit: looked at the code, my guess is you need to add a category to this line:

Code:
                        UPROPERTY(BlueprintReadOnly, Transient)
                        AActor* SpawnedInstance;
                    I tried this and it worked:

Code:
                     UPROPERTY(BlueprintReadOnly, Transient, Category = DATest)
                        AActor* SpawnedInstance;

Regards
                    Cedric
                    Last edited by uced; 07-28-2018, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Hi, there's a problem on startup. It happens for me on a compiled build of 4.20.1 and used to never happen.

UnrealEdEngine.cpp throws an assert:

Code:
                      //Already present
                      checkSlow(ExistingSpriteInfo->DisplayName.EqualTo(InSpriteInfo.DisplayName)); //Catch mismatches between DisplayNames

The problem is these lines in SnapMapConnectionActor.cpp

Code:
                      if (DoorSpriteComponent) {
                          DoorSpriteComponent->Sprite = ConstructorStatics.IconDoor.Get();
                          DoorSpriteComponent->RelativeLocation = FVector(0, 0, 40);
                          DoorSpriteComponent->RelativeScale3D = FVector(1, 1, 1);
                          DoorSpriteComponent->SpriteInfo.Category = TEXT("Dungeon");    //------------Problem
                          DoorSpriteComponent->SpriteInfo.DisplayName = FText::FromString("Snap Door");    //------------Problem
                      }

if (ConnectionConstraintSpriteComponent) {
                          ConnectionConstraintSpriteComponent->RelativeLocation = FVector(0, 0, 100);
                          ConnectionConstraintSpriteComponent->RelativeScale3D = FVector(0.45f, 0.45f, 0.45f);
                          ConnectionConstraintSpriteComponent->SpriteInfo.Category = TEXT("Dungeon");    //------------Problem
                          ConnectionConstraintSpriteComponent->SpriteInfo.DisplayName = FText::FromString("Connection Constraint");    //------------Problem
                      }
                      I dug into how spriteInfo works and DisplayName is just a localized version of the Category name. Looks like it's not supposed to be different. They should either both be set to Dungeon or both be set to Snap Door and Connection Constraint. Alternatively just commenting those lines out helps too. This way the editor won't throw up an assert on startup.

Code:
                      /** Information about the sprite category */
                      USTRUCT()
                      struct FSpriteCategoryInfo
                      {
                          GENERATED_USTRUCT_BODY()

/** Sprite category that the component belongs to */
                          UPROPERTY()
                          FName Category;

/** Localized name of the sprite category */
                          UPROPERTY()
                          FText DisplayName;

/** Localized description of the sprite category */
                          UPROPERTY()
                          FText Description;
                      };
                      Last edited by illYay; 07-29-2018, 04:24 PM.

Comment

@uced, illYay I've submitted a new update that fixes these issues.

I've added a Category to the SpawnedInstance uproperty and commented out the SpriteInfo Category and Display name

Discord Support

Comment

Hey Ali,

Thanks again for an amazing job. I know I asked something similar before but I asked two questions, 1 which I realized was kind of irrelevant. The only question that concerns me about the snap builder is if I can control how many times a module shows up?
                          I know it's not a feature available right now but could I, for example, add to the level blueprint some sort of check for the modules, that would replace a copy or something?
                          Last edited by Ubersoldat42; 08-01-2018, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Hi Ali,

When will 2.9.1 be available for download?

Regards,
                            Ryan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post

Sure, I'll provide that too.
                              You are the man Ali, thanks so much! Looking forward to it
                              Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Hello, I was curious if you could tell me how to make a TransformLogic that allows me to make sure 1 side of a mesh is always facing "inwards". I have a wall mesh that is one sided and need to make sure the the material view-able side is always facing inwards towards the floor.

I have also tried making transform logic to move "walls" that are rotated < 90 degree's on the Z axis, this allows me to move a wall sideways only if its rotated a certain way, but the following blueprint seems to effect all ways regardless of rotation.

Anything you could do to help would be most appreciated.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X