Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
    I've been working on the Snap builder and it is stable now with no crashes or build overheads and works well with level streaming.

I'll integrate this with mission editor and test it on a simple game for the next release

Edit: This one if for the level based modules, so you design you room modules in separate level files, with all the other features (foliage, vertex paint etc)
    Awesome! Any idea on when the next update will be released?

With the new stability of SnapMap / level-based snap builder, do you plan to deprecate the actor based snap builder?

Comment

Hey Ali,

AMAZING WORK ON THIS PLUGIN! It's absolutely amazing.

I'm using it now and have a few questions.

1. I'm using the snap builder for my game to create a procedural world, how would I ensure that at runtime, a random world is generated but the player starts at at start modules?
      2. In terms of saving the game, I want the world to always be unique when the player starts a new game. However, if you load game, you are returned to a level which was created for that playthrough.

Best,
      Ubersoldat42

Comment

Originally posted by Ubersoldat42 View Post
        Hey Ali,

AMAZING WORK ON THIS PLUGIN! It's absolutely amazing.

I'm using it now and have a few questions.

1. I'm using the snap builder for my game to create a procedural world, how would I ensure that at runtime, a random world is generated but the player starts at at start modules?
        2. In terms of saving the game, I want the world to always be unique when the player starts a new game. However, if you load game, you are returned to a level which was created for that playthrough.

Best,
        Ubersoldat42
        you jsut save the seed in a savegame file. and whenever you load the map you recreate the dungeon form the seed. however any other actors that spawn enemies etc would laso have saved state.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeIV View Post

you jsut save the seed in a savegame file. and whenever you load the map you recreate the dungeon form the seed. however any other actors that spawn enemies etc would laso have saved state.
          Can't believe it didn't cross my mind..

What if the enemy spawning actors are within the module?
          Last edited by Ubersoldat42; 06-22-2018, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubersoldat42 View Post

Can't believe it didn't cross my mind..

What if the enemy spawning actors are within the module?
            then make a variables - one bool if he spawned creeps or didnt. if he didnt yet- then let if false and spawn as normal. if its true, add another variable with array of CLASSES of enemies, and make the spawner respawn only those enemies, that are in this array. as you kill mobs remove them from the array. That how I did it - super fast. it doesnt save the position of the mobs or their status (if they are wounded) but saved the general state of dungeon super easy.

Comment

Very early WIP of a snap builder sample game I'm building. The character is Murdock from paragon (free asset). The rest of the assets in the video use paid assets (Fantasy Dungeon and SuperGrid). I'll replace them with free ones eventually in the next update

Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Very cool, looking forward to the update.

Wondering how the level based snap builder works in the editor, do you end up with loads of level instance files as you place modules?

Comment

Hi Ali,

There are two places in DungeonBuilder.cpp you're calling FTransform::Multiply and passing the same pointer for the first and third parameters:

Code:
                  FTransform::Multiply(&transform, &spatialRotationTransform, &transform);
                  FTransform::Multiply(&transform, &prop.Offset, &transform);
                  This works fine on platforms that use FTransform from TransformVectorized.h, but on platforms that use FTransform from TransformNonVectorized.h (i.e. Switch) it can cause the transform to be wrong because the code actually writes to parameter 1 during the calculation which writes over parameter 3 mid-calculation.

In most other places you use a temp FTransform as the first parameter and then copy the result to where you want it, like this:

Code:
                  FTransform out;
                  FTransform::Multiply(&out, &logicOffset, &transform);
                  transform = out;
                  Regards,
                  Ryan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
                    Very early WIP of a snap builder sample game I'm building. The character is Murdock from paragon (free asset). The rest of the assets in the video use paid assets (Fantasy Dungeon and SuperGrid). I'll replace them with free ones eventually in the next update

Can we get a download that does use Fantasy Dungeon? I have that and it's kind of a pain to set up as a theme, so I'd love to be able to work off yours.

Obviously WITHOUT the actual Fantasy Dungeon assets, just the theme.
                    Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Hello guys finally bought it via marketplace, excited to start, Not finding Dungone1 actor in the outliner

I'm following the instructions, I've installed it on 4.19.
                      When I open the "DungeonDesignTime"
                      It says,

Select the Dungeon1 Actor from the Outliner window
                      Click "Build Dungeon" button from the Details window

but its not there,
                      message log,

/Game/DA_StarterPack/Maps/DugeonDesignTime : Can't find file for asset. /Script/DungeonArchitectEditor
                      /Game/DA_StarterPack/Maps/DugeonDesignTime : Can't find file for asset. /Script/DungeonArchitectRuntime
                      /Game/DA_StarterPack/DungeonTheme/D_StarterPackTheme : Can't find file for asset. /Script/DungeonArchitectEditor
                      /Game/DA_StarterPack/DungeonTheme/D_StarterPackTheme : Can't find file for asset. /Script/DungeonArchitectRuntime

Am I'm missing something from the manual installation? I've checked for Dungeon Designer under plugins to see if I had to turn it on like on the manual version, it showed up after restarting both, unreal and epic games, there it shows up as Dungeon Designer 2.5, although the downloaded package is 2.8 , but when I attempt loading it errors out, when opening the project, it says,

Binaries for the 'DungeonArchitect' plugin are missing or incompatible with the current engine version.
                      Would you like to disable it? You will no longer be able to open assets that were created wit it,

I say "no" and it loads.
                      when going back to the plugins it shows as unchecked,

Thanks! UPDATE this might be an issue with my setup, having projects set up outside of the unreal content folder so one content area can't find the other. Being that my plugins are not manually installed I can see that perhaps being the case.

SOLVED: Wiped out unreal and removed plugins, installed a fresh one on a new location and launched it, there I was able to see the 2.8 dungeon architect plugin.
                      Last edited by Kjeld Pedersen; 07-03-2018, 11:44 AM.

Comment

is it possible to use the Cluster Theme in the CityBuilder? Unsure how to get it to work

EDIT: Nevermind, the theme override volume is better for my needs and works great!
                        Last edited by PhosphorArt; 07-05-2018, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Hello Ali, hope you're well.

I can't get this to work properly in mobile. I made a very simple theme (Just the 1M default cube), added it to the map, and run the "Build" on begin play. It works perfectly in windows but nothing happens whatsoever in the device.

I tested in Samsung Galaxy S4, S7 and a LG Spirit as well with the same result. It happens whether I use "Instanced" or not.

Any clues? Thanks!
                          Sunless Chronicles: Upcoming Action RPG game for Windows

Check out the development thread and the first look video. Let me know your thoughts.

Comment

One feature that would be really nice is having a connection that can just be checkbox be active / deactivate

For example, if you use multiple themes for a dungeon, the BP preview essentially no longer works because you are using custom markers it doesn't understand; it doesn't know how the connections should work . So then you need to temp wire it up for the BP preview and then unwire it for the actual dungeon. Ideally there should be some way so you wouldn't need to do this.

Comment

So I have 2 questions for the snap builder. Is there a way to reconnect a side branch back into the main branch?
                              And my second question, is there a way to limit how many times a given module is generated in any given snap dungeon?

Thanks a lot! Amazing work...

Comment

I have a new build ready with 4.20 engine support. You can grab it from my website. If anyone needs access to the site, let me know

I'll test on mac and upload to the marketplace by today

Version 2.9.0
                                * Update: Added 4.20 Engine compatibility
                                * Improved the stability of Snap Map builder
                                * Added level streaming support on the Snap Map builder
                                * Early implementation of the Dungeon Flow system using graph grammar (mission editor)

Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Working...
                                X