Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post

    PhosphorArt Thank you for the feedback. I'll create a more advanced city builder eventually, but we'll need spline support before that to create roads
    -
    1- Neighborhoods- if there was a way to define a neighborhood theme clumps (residential vs high rise vs commercial vs rural ("central park") in believable groupings)



    Is there anyway you could support neighborhoods like you support different rooms in normal dungeons ? Maybe just a grid size for different themes. Like then you could have parks, bombed out areas, high rise, residential, etc as themes in the city. Right now it is just so random, hard to make it feel a city like progression or differentiation
    -
    BUG: Larger buildings than grid (bigger building probability) doesn't always face the road correctly



    Also, is there any way you can fix this bug? Any large building needs an entrance on all sides, the back might be in front while front is in alleyway, etc

    Just these two things would make the current one way more usable

    Comment


      Hello, I am Using Unreal Engine 4.19 Binary, When Adding Dungeon Architect to my Project and packaging for shipping and Distribution, Placing a Dungeon actor in my level, the game Closes without Error only when opening the level containing the Dungeon Actor. I am Aware of a 4.18 issue where Apex Destruction was Causing Android Shipping Builds to Crash, It has been Noted that this was Fixed in 4.19. So i Upgraded to 4.19 Today, and i'm still Experiencing the Same Issue. My Game Opens up the Default Map when downloaded from Google play as a Shipping Build, I then Press play and open my level and the game just closes out, Without Interaction wit the Dungeon, The Dungeon is supposed to build at a later point so im at a loss here. When i Remove Dungeon Architect and the Dungeon Actor, Everything Works Fine

      I Have tried:
      "Fix up all Redirectories"
      Deleting the Intermediate and Saved Folders
      Including all my necessary Dungeon Content in a Folder than adding it to the Additional Assets to Cook in the Project Settings
      Last edited by behrtron; 06-01-2018, 06:42 PM.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Flaccid Laser View Post

        Thanks Ali Akbar for your response, sorry for the late reply.

        I have already tried that. I set NumCells to 0, but sadly, it creates corridors to bind the rooms. I'd like to be able to create "Isolated" rooms with the Paint Mode.

        I have attached a video that shows what I mean: https://youtu.be/KXLe2YKHbtA

        Please, let me know if you need further information.

        Thanks in advance.
        to make isolated rooms just make your coridors "blank" for the main theme. to spawn no meshes. and where you want a corridor make another theme where coridors have mesh and jsut use volume theme overwrite.

        Also Ali Akbar - when will be the new spatial rules be done for grid dungeons?
        Last edited by AngeIV; 06-02-2018, 09:32 AM.

        Comment


          Hello, I just installed the plugin, and Im following the Quick Start Guide, in Engine 4.19.2. Im in the Level Authoring by Players (Runtime) but when I hit play I get this message:

          One or more blueprints has an unresolved compiler error, are you sure you want to Play in Editor?
          BP_DALB_GameState

          When I open the game state it says the pin Cell Location no longer exists on node "Add paint cell" and "Remove Paint cell".

          If I choose to play anyway the game open but does nothing.. What could I do?

          Comment


            This looks like it could be perfect for me. But before I take advantage of this 50% off offer I have a few questions if you have the time to answer them (and to save me going through 142 pages to find out if the answers are here somewhere already lol).

            1) I'm working on a VR sci-fi survival horror game (think Alien Isolation meets Dreadhalls) and I'm planning on having the player having random aliens jumping out at them from air vents, light fittings, engineering panels and corpses. Will I be able to do this using Dungeon Architect so that the parasites are in different places every time you play (as opposed to having one corridor type that is randomly placed with the alien parasites there every time I want them to jump out at the player.

            2) Whilst the players are exploring the ship can DA randomly place music prompts to unnerve the player whether there's a parasite nearby or not?

            3) Will I be better off creating rooms as a whole game asset or would I be better off creating modular pieces containing corners and floor/wall/ceiling modules? The latter will enable me to have a higher texel density when texturing.

            4) Is it possible to merge these modular corridor pieces into one after it has generated because I THINK (and I may be wrong about this) that I'll get VR performance benefits by doing so?

            Many thanks in advance for any help!

            Comment


              Originally posted by thesnowdog View Post
              This looks like it could be perfect for me. But before I take advantage of this 50% off offer I have a few questions if you have the time to answer them (and to save me going through 142 pages to find out if the answers are here somewhere already lol).

              1) I'm working on a VR sci-fi survival horror game (think Alien Isolation meets Dreadhalls) and I'm planning on having the player having random aliens jumping out at them from air vents, light fittings, engineering panels and corpses. Will I be able to do this using Dungeon Architect so that the parasites are in different places every time you play (as opposed to having one corridor type that is randomly placed with the alien parasites there every time I want them to jump out at the player.

              2) Whilst the players are exploring the ship can DA randomly place music prompts to unnerve the player whether there's a parasite nearby or not?

              3) Will I be better off creating rooms as a whole game asset or would I be better off creating modular pieces containing corners and floor/wall/ceiling modules? The latter will enable me to have a higher texel density when texturing.

              4) Is it possible to merge these modular corridor pieces into one after it has generated because I THINK (and I may be wrong about this) that I'll get VR performance benefits by doing so?

              Many thanks in advance for any help!
              1) yes. its very easy to place a randomized location actor and actor type even. best example is the nature example project spawning trees. it uses the spawn rule, and transform rules.
              2) yes. as long as sound is actor based or zone based. very easy to setup.
              3) as you like. you can make whole rooms with some randomization to it in snap builder. or use grid to build rooms from components.
              4) you will. It is possible, however DA obviously wont do it as it is out of its scope. However if you use snap build and pre-build rooms you can use ue4 build in mesh merging tools. snap builder also have a nice level streaming functionality, that allows to load and unload rooms on the go, to even more max out performance.

              Comment


                Cool, thanks for that. I've bought it and will start messing around with it over the weekend!

                I was originally planning on building my levels manually but this should speed up my development AND have the added bonus of giving my game replay value. At £94 quid it was out of my price range but at 50% off it would have been rude not to lol

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
                  Procedural Mission Designer (Dungeon Flow)

                  Hey everyone, I've been working on a editor that will give you more control on the flow of your dungeon. It is driven by grammar rules where you define simple rules to create infinite no. of complex mission graphs and level layouts. The DA builders (i.e. layout algorithms) would then take this graph and build a level layout accordingly. You can define your own rules or use pre-built ones

                  The example below demonstrates a Key-Lock relationship created using 4 grammar rules. The white arrows show the passable connections and the green arrows show the locks that the key opens. It creates a valid key-lock path where the user can reach the goal without getting stuck

                  [The graph on the right is procedurally generated]






                  That is awesome. Do you know when it will be released?

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by HInoue View Post
                    Hi,

                    I just reproduced the behavior using the new version (1.1.0) in a brand-new project with no content except for the starter stuff, the plugin, and the starter content.

                    Edited to add: I just noticed the crash when I build organic has an extra line that building with instanced meshes doesn't, "Assertion failed: (Index >= 0) & (Index < ArrayNum) [File:G:\UE4\Epic Games\4.9\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Containers\Array.h] [Line: 678]
                    Array index". Is anyone else having similar problems? I'm hoping it's something I did wrong, but I can't think of what- 1.0.29 worked perfectly for me, and 1.1 got installed in the same directory.
                    I got this crash with all the plugins of this creator, any reply or fix ? Cause I can't even open the projects for a plugin I paid for... Is an error on his editor tabs looks like...

                    On 4.15, 4.18 and different projects...

                    Posted here aswell months ago on his free plugin https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...883#post933883 and was ignored

                    FOUND FIX by myself: (Update)

                    The error comes that the uplugin load times are wrong:
                    "LoadingPhase": "Default"
                    should be
                    "LoadingPhase": "PostDefault" or PostEngineInit
                    all the people getting the plugin working are just running it on luck and runs the editor before of the plugin, but this isn't mean to happen like that so the code is wrong, make sure you change it for the next versions.
                    Last edited by Hevedy; 06-07-2018, 09:10 AM.
                    Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
                    Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

                    Comment


                      Ali Akbar

                      ​​​​​​​Does the runtime module of DA work on Android out of the box ?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Hevedy View Post

                        I got this crash with all the plugins of this creator, any reply or fix ? Cause I can't even open the projects for a plugin I paid for... Is an error on his editor tabs looks like...

                        On 4.15, 4.18 and different projects...

                        Posted here aswell months ago on his free plugin https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...883#post933883 and was ignored

                        FOUND FIX by myself: (Update)

                        The error comes that the uplugin load times are wrong:
                        "LoadingPhase": "Default"
                        should be
                        "LoadingPhase": "PostDefault" or PostEngineInit
                        all the people getting the plugin working are just running it on luck and runs the editor before of the plugin, but this isn't mean to happen like that so the code is wrong, make sure you change it for the next versions.
                        Hevedy Which module is this for? The runtime module uses PreDefault as it needs to load before the engine initializes so it can pick up the volumes

                        Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                        Discord Support

                        Comment


                          I've been working on the Snap builder and it is stable now with no crashes or build overheads and works well with level streaming.

                          I'll integrate this with mission editor and test it on a simple game for the next release

                          Edit: This one if for the level based modules, so you design you room modules in separate level files, with all the other features (foliage, vertex paint etc)
                          Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                          Discord Support

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
                            Hevedy Which module is this for? The runtime module uses PreDefault as it needs to load before the engine initializes so it can pick up the volumes
                            For the DungeonArchitectEditor & DungeonArchitectHelpSystem that come set as Default by default, need to be executed after the rest of the engine or the module will return error at load the tabs of the editor. <Note if you have a fast computer that will never happen or you have a 1% of chances, since I'm using a HDD etc the error happen to me and other users the 99% of times, that is why need to be post load>
                            Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
                            Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Hevedy View Post

                              For the DungeonArchitectEditor & DungeonArchitectHelpSystem that come set as Default by default, need to be executed after the rest of the engine or the module will return error at load the tabs of the editor. <Note if you have a fast computer that will never happen or you have a 1% of chances, since I'm using a HDD etc the error happen to me and other users the 99% of times, that is why need to be post load>
                              Thanks for the update. I've looked at the engine launch code and it doesn't matter if you have a fast or slow computer, loading of plugins in UE4 is deterministic (it loads it in sequence and not in parallel to cause this issue). [Check the Launch code with references to IPluginManager::Get().LoadModulesForEnabledPlugins(...LoadingPhase...)]

                              Could you give more info?
                              • Error message in the output log
                              • Screen of the tabs that show an error
                              • Any existing plugins you have enabled in your engine
                              • Engine / OS version number


                              Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                              Discord Support

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post

                                Thanks for the update. I've looked at the engine launch code and it doesn't matter if you have a fast or slow computer, loading of plugins in UE4 is deterministic (it loads it in sequence and not in parallel to cause this issue). [Check the Launch code with references to IPluginManager::Get().LoadModulesForEnabledPlugins(...LoadingPhase...)]

                                Could you give more info?
                                • Error message in the output log
                                • Screen of the tabs that show an error
                                • Any existing plugins you have enabled in your engine
                                • Engine / OS version number

                                The bug error report is what I posted there on the post #2125 from other user aswell I posted on the Haste plugin thread too the same, the log don't say nothing more at all, the engine just crash at open if you don't set that config I set crash at 90% of load +- and return that sentence in the bug report window. Is not related with other plugins as only happen with your plugins even if are the only ones on the engine, related cause are the only plugins I got that add tabs. Always happen on custom engine versions from Github any version from 4.9 to 4.18 will return this problem on Windows 7 Ult.

                                If you set what I changed then works fine.

                                To me looks like at the engine read the tabs for the tools at top left where your plugins add a new one, try to catch your tab id or count it but isn't loaded yet or something rare happen but counts 1 more in the array than the actual ones that are loaded into the array at the launch.
                                Last edited by Hevedy; 06-16-2018, 06:07 AM.
                                Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
                                Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X