Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
    Yeah, this tool is amazing, but for some reason I personally didn't see any designer willing to learn it yet.
    In game development we're often control freaks and don't want things randomly generated instead of handcrafting everything I guess ^^
    I would agree. DA allows manual edit. Its great for setting up a layout that one can tweak. It could improve workflow speed in my opinion. Level Designers should give it a chance.
    GOD of DREAMs: A Unique FTPS/RPG Sandbox MMO

Comment

Originally posted by Flaccid Laser View Post

Thanks Ali Akbar for your response, sorry for the late reply.

I have already tried that. I set NumCells to 0, but sadly, it creates corridors to bind the rooms. I'd like to be able to create "Isolated" rooms with the Paint Mode.

I have attached a video that shows what I mean: https://youtu.be/KXLe2YKHbtA

Please, let me know if you need further information.

Thanks in advance.
      Flaccid Laser I'll work on improving the paint tool in the future. Currently, this is a limitation
      Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by PierreInacio View Post
        Hi. I'm new here and a have a question, how do i do a selection BP to select just the middle of the room?
        Have a look at this theme, It has a cube attached in the middle of the rooms. This is done by a marker emitter BP which you'll need to added to the list (you can find this in the properties window of the theme editor)

DA_TutorialGame/Dungeons/D_MyTheme1

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Greegan75 View Post
          Hi,
          Does the plugin allow you to keep the positions of the rooms fixed and only change the corridors?
          Thanks
          You can drop in platform volumes for your static room locations. Set the RoomThresholdArea param to a large value (like 100000) so the procedural corridor cells are not converted to rooms. Click build to let DA fill in the space. Randomize and build to change the corridors

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by LuaChunk View Post
            Hi Ali,

Dungeon Architect fails to compile on PS4 with 4.19. You just need to add:
            Code:
            #include "Engine/World.h"
            to SceneProviderCommand.h because the AddActor function template uses FActorSpawnParameters.
            Thank you LuaChunk I've update the code

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by lafilmcompany View Post
              Hello Ali. wondering if You can make a tutorial on using city builder with larger buildings and putting together city scenes vs residential. would love to do this in Dungeon Architect vs level streaming. You sent me a message in October saying You were going to put one up for me. Still waiting patiently. Thanks for the awesome plugin and excellent work! Would love to have Dungeon levels streaming vs the ones I'm building. Such a brilliant plugin cant wait to really use it like I want.

lafilmcompany Sorry for the delay. I'll make one soon
              Originally posted by AngeIV View Post

something like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElsH8E5-9DM
              each building varies by floors and could ahve diferent interior and materials, however i put this in 1h tops.
              AngeIV That's awesome

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Sooth View Post
                I being working with your Snap Map builder and have an issue in editor when rotating the (actor/connector) through the UI input fields. If you rotate using toolbar all is good but if you input a Z rotation and child components disappear. I have a similar issue if you do an undo action. Have you seen thing behavior?

Sooth Try using the Offset parameter to rotate

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Sooth View Post
                  Issue is this is missing call to Super::PostEditChangeProperty in SnapMapConnectionActor.cpp

void ASnapMapConnectionActor::PostEditChangeProperty(struct FPropertyChangedEvent& e) {
                  FName PropertyName = (e.Property != NULL) ? e.Property->GetFName() : NAME_None;
                  if (PropertyName == GET_MEMBER_NAME_CHECKED(ASnapMapConnectionActor, ConnectionComponent)) {
                  ConnectionComponent->BuildConnection();
                  }
                  }

it should be

void ASnapMapConnectionActor::PostEditChangeProperty(struct FPropertyChangedEvent& e) {
                  FName PropertyName = (e.Property != NULL) ? e.Property->GetFName() : NAME_None;
                  if (PropertyName == GET_MEMBER_NAME_CHECKED(ASnapMapConnectionActor, ConnectionComponent)) {
                  ConnectionComponent->BuildConnection();
                  }
                  Super::PostEditChangeProperty(e);
                  }
                  Ah, thanks for pointing it out!

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Harcarik View Post

From all the features you plugin offers, this one interests me the most, especially 'Level map based'. For clarifications, by 'Level map based', do you mean there is a Persistent map where other, actual levels (not BP actors), are streamed in? Would that work with multiplayer? And lastly, is there any progress on that front? Sorry to bother you with so many questions, but i would really like to use that feature. Especially if it works in multiplayer.
                    Harcarik I haven't made progress on this much. I'll be getting back to this soon. Yes, by level based, your modules will be saved in persistent maps and will be streamed in. It should work with multiplayer

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by PhosphorArt View Post
                      The city builder is very powerful, it is just a few (albeit difficult to implement) features short of creating convincing cities

1- Neighborhoods- if there was a way to define a neighborhood theme clumps (residential vs high rise vs commercial vs rural ("central park") in believable groupings)
                      2- Elevation: There is really no way to do hills, ramps with the roads; only flat cities
                      3- River/Canals: there is no way to really do this where they can play nicely with street, bridges
                      4- Overpass, highway, train tracks: while this can be a mirror of road below it, no way to make this go in directions that cut into buildings, etc Railroad tracks could follow a similar rule set
                      5- Corner buildings - users could make things with 2 fronts, or rounded buildings, etc

Bonus:
                      6- Street width per neighborhood (downtown wide streets going into normal streets, a transition piece)
                      7- Diagonals streets- make it seem more convincing. Admittedly this sounds very difficult to manage

Bonus Bonus:
                      8- If this could tie into using a procedural building system w/ interiors. This is somewhat possible now to use existing rules, but would be nice if it was a bit easier or separate. This could be simple (just easier managing floors and interior props ) or something more complex like what you have elsewhere

If you could make this more robust, you could sell a "City Architect" separately from Dungeon Architect, this would be a pretty big high demand system, even for non-gaming applications (VR simulations, AI simulations, autonomous car simulations) . Neither Unity or Unreal has anything like this
                      PhosphorArt Thank you for the feedback. I'll create a more advanced city builder eventually, but we'll need spline support before that to create roads

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by xDragon55683599 View Post
                        Hi Ali !
                        very cool and powerful plugin
                        but i just start using ue4 for couple of months
                        and i'm wondering is there any way for selecting one specific room by select logic?
                        Cuz i want to generate several types of rooms with different themes such as a room full of monsters and a room full of traps at runtime
                        i know i could use themeoverride during designtime but i dunno how to do that at runtime.
                        I've tried a few ways to keep room cell separating by types but they've all got just mixed up and i cant figure out any other methods.
                        i know there must be a way for this but maybe im not very familiar with those nodes so im a little bit desperate.
                        PLZ reply me if u see this!! Its very important to me
                        thx for million times!!
                        xDragon55683599 There's a sample that wraps override volumes automatically when you build, but I just checked and it doesn't work properly at runtime. I'll have a look

Map File: DA_Misc_Examples/Maps/WrapVolumeAroundRooms

EDIT: It works fine at runtime. You'll need to change the mobility of your volumes from Static to Movable

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by HaraldFrankeREZ View Post
                          Hello Ali,

referring to the great "City Builder" Demo, are there some news on this Demo and the whole Project?
                          If so please do let me know.
                          That would be very great for me and the project I do work on.

Thank You for creating and working on the Dungeon Architect.

Best regards,
                          Harald
                          Thank you Harald. Sorry I don't have the demo yet, I'll create one soon

Discord Support

Comment

Procedural Mission Designer (Dungeon Flow)

Hey everyone, I've been working on a editor that will give you more control on the flow of your dungeon. It is driven by grammar rules where you define simple rules to create infinite no. of complex mission graphs and level layouts. The DA builders (i.e. layout algorithms) would then take this graph and build a level layout accordingly. You can define your own rules or use pre-built ones

The example below demonstrates a Key-Lock relationship created using 4 grammar rules. The white arrows show the passable connections and the green arrows show the locks that the key opens. It creates a valid key-lock path where the user can reach the goal without getting stuck

[The graph on the right is procedurally generated]

Discord Support

Comment

A Quest Builder Too? WOW, Just another reason why Level Designers should be using this Powerful Toolset.
                              GOD of DREAMs: A Unique FTPS/RPG Sandbox MMO

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
                                Procedural Mission Designer (Dungeon Flow)

Hey everyone, I've been working on a editor that will give you more control on the flow of your dungeon. It is driven by grammar rules where you define simple rules to create infinite no. of complex mission graphs and level layouts. The DA builders (i.e. layout algorithms) would then take this graph and build a level layout accordingly. You can define your own rules or use pre-built ones

The example below demonstrates a Key-Lock relationship created using 4 grammar rules. The white arrows show the passable connections and the green arrows show the locks that the key opens. It creates a valid key-lock path where the user can reach the goal without getting stuck

Looking good! Any chance to have a small tutorial showing building simple Snap dungeon with different floors elevation (not just flat one) and using this mission designer for it ?

Comment

Working...
                                X