Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motorsep View Post

Why is it unstable in the Editor and when can we expect stability fixes ?

I am also wondering if there is any updates / improvements coming to Snap builder.
    If you use a level as a module, you can't use (aka stream) it more than once in your persistent level. So if a module needs to be attached 6 times in the dungeon, I need to create 6 copies of the level asset file in the content browser then stream them in the persistant level at the desired location. This requirement is only in the editor mode, at runtime you can stream the same level multiple tiles (since you are not going to modify the level at runtime, ue4 allows this)

If you create a level with 100 modules, that's 100 new level files created in the content browser, and then added to the level streaming list. Saving them further slows the workflow. The new files also increase the source control's size.

I'll explore alternatives in the future updates
    Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Dear Ali,

The MaxAllowStairHeight, when set to zero, still allows for height variations:

Click image for larger version

Name:	MaxAllowedStairHeight.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	1445151

No really a problem, as setting the probability to zero will get flat dungeons anyway, but as your doc says a zero MaxAllowStairHeight will produce flat dungeon, it might be a small bug that you are not aware of.

Also, i did some tests with very large values like 10 and above and i didn't notice much differences above 5 or 6.

Is that normal ? Is MaxAllowStairHeight capped to a value ? Or is it just non uniform distribution that make values as rare as they are large ?

I have exposed this parameter to players in my UI and would like to know what values i can allow/forbid. Currently i clamp between 0 and 10, but while 1, 2, 3 work as expected, 0 doesn't flatten and 10 doesn't produce crazy cliffed dungeons^^

Thanks a lot !
      Cheers
      Cedric

Comment

Dear Ali,

I just started out with Dungeon Architect. I am really massively impressed

On YouTube, I found the "Dungeon Architect: City Builder [UE4]" Video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC3Bs6T-xfI

Would it be possible, to receive the shown Demo?
        I did read, that You did modify the road-files, to make them work with Dungeon Architect.
        What did You exactly do to them?
        I had already purchased the "Industrial Area Hangar" Pack in the Past at Unreal Marketplace.

Please, do let me know.

Best regards,
        Harald

Comment

Dear Ali,

I did read, that You did modify the road-files, to make them work with Dungeon Architect.
          I had already purchased the "Industrial Area Hangar" Pack in the Past at Unreal Marketplace.

Please, do let me know.

Best regards,
          Harald

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
            I got a new sample for you all. It requires some cleaning up, I'll post it in a day or two
            Cant wait to test this theme. Awesome work!
            pd: Excuse my English.

Comment

Hi! Is there any theme example on a dungeon build like darkes dungeon or similar?
              or basically a set of rooms connected by corridors. With a start and end site. Being able to reach the end in several ways (through different rooms)
              pd: Excuse my English.

Comment

Need DA Support 4.19 !

Comment

Hi Ali,

Thanks for your plugging. I love it.

I love the Paint Mode and I've followed the instructions for "Manual Painting". But I still get Auto generated content linking the Rooms. I don't get auto generated content if I use only corridors. Can I have a pure Manual Painting with absolutely no auto generated Content?

Comment

Originally posted by uced View Post
                    Dear Ali,

The MaxAllowStairHeight, when set to zero, still allows for height variations:

Click image for larger version

Name:	MaxAllowedStairHeight.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	1445151

No really a problem, as setting the probability to zero will get flat dungeons anyway, but as your doc says a zero MaxAllowStairHeight will produce flat dungeon, it might be a small bug that you are not aware of.

Also, i did some tests with very large values like 10 and above and i didn't notice much differences above 5 or 6.

Is that normal ? Is MaxAllowStairHeight capped to a value ? Or is it just non uniform distribution that make values as rare as they are large ?

I have exposed this parameter to players in my UI and would like to know what values i can allow/forbid. Currently i clamp between 0 and 10, but while 1, 2, 3 work as expected, 0 doesn't flatten and 10 doesn't produce crazy cliffed dungeons^^

Thanks a lot !
                    Cheers
                    Cedric

uced I'll fix this in the next update

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Flaccid Laser View Post
                      Hi Ali,

Thanks for your plugging. I love it.

I love the Paint Mode and I've followed the instructions for "Manual Painting". But I still get Auto generated content linking the Rooms. I don't get auto generated content if I use only corridors. Can I have a pure Manual Painting with absolutely no auto generated Content?

Flaccid Laser try setting the NumCells to 0 in the configuration

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by GameMaster79 View Post
                        Thanks for continuing to work on the snap builder. I thank a lot of people are interested in it. I would also like to see the Soul Forge Theme, it looks great. The content pack is still on 2.6 when can we get an update?
                        GameMaster79 I've updated it to 2.8 and added the Soul Forge demo

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by HaraldFrankeREZ View Post
                          Dear Ali,

Please, do let me know.

Best regards,
                          Harald

Thanks Harald. Last I checked, the road meshes were not modular (didn't have a T and X junctions). The project is in my other computer, I'll have a look.

Discord Support

Comment

Ali Akbar , would this be an appropriate tool for making many modular buildings with interiors on one large map?

Comment

Hello Ali, my name is michael and i am trying to contact you for work reasons. Will be glad if you could contact me or check your email and google hang outs. Thanks. michael@xmod.co

Comment

Originally posted by zipl0c View Post
                                Ali Akbar , would this be an appropriate tool for making many modular buildings with interiors on one large map?
                                zipl0c It can create a building with multiple floors. However you'll want to create your buildings (dungeons) in different streaming levels if you plan on having it in a large city. It doesn't support building LODs for now

An ideal situation would be to have the outer building meshes created procedurally along a city layout and build the floors as they are needed (when the player comes close to it). The floorplan builder doesn't handle this

Discord Support

Comment

Working...
                                X