No announcement yet.

Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been trying to use the SnapMap and not having any success. I blocked out some simple levels with Snap Connection actors pointing outwards, enabled World Composition on all of them, avoiding for collision between modules, and only the first module is appearing. Is there any extra set up required to use this? Also, are their any features that aren't supported (landscape, foliage, etc)?

Comment

Hello got a question here @Ali Akbar

Its possible to generate more house indoors like dungeons ? Like some kind of hall/corridor control the rest of the rooms layout, connected to this hall all of them ? Some kind of branches aswell can have rooms connected between rooms.
      Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
      Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

Originally posted by uced View Post

Hey Ali,

Thanks a lot for remembering and asking :-)

I have fully remade my game and recently reintegrated DA in it. That was a lot of work but i'm very happy with the result.

It's really shinning as you can see:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Yag_DAWinter.jpg Views:	1 Size:	353.7 KB ID:	1387931

And since you asked^^, i made a very short video to show you how i manage DA UI-wise:

I'm currently not working on my DA related code because i have great difficulties to have steam work as i want, so that's the struggle of the moment :-)

Next big step after steam will be to allow the players to manually paint dungeons, so i'll have to see how it works, whether i can replicate and save that, etc.

Again, i can't insist enough on how much i love and am impressed with the work you've done with DA.

By the way, as you are surely aware, a voxel plugin has recently been released on the MP, but i didn't buy it yet, still impatiently hoping and waiting to see what Landscape Architect will become, i hope you're still on it ;-)

I tried to make my own voxel engine, the same way i had tried to make my own dungeons before knowing about DA, technically it works but i do not have the skills you have to get some great and efficient results, so really waiting :-)

Thanks a lot for all your work and the exceptionnal support you provide with it !
        Cedric
        That is REALLY neat...! I would buy that UI.....!

teak
        "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
        -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.22 here.

Comment

Originally posted by uced View Post

Hey Ali,

Thanks a lot for remembering and asking :-)

I have fully remade my game and recently reintegrated DA in it. That was a lot of work but i'm very happy with the result.

It's really shinning as you can see:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Yag_DAWinter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	353.7 KB
ID:	1387931

And since you asked^^, i made a very short video to show you how i manage DA UI-wise:

I'm currently not working on my DA related code because i have great difficulties to have steam work as i want, so that's the struggle of the moment :-)

Next big step after steam will be to allow the players to manually paint dungeons, so i'll have to see how it works, whether i can replicate and save that, etc.

Again, i can't insist enough on how much i love and am impressed with the work you've done with DA.

By the way, as you are surely aware, a voxel plugin has recently been released on the MP, but i didn't buy it yet, still impatiently hoping and waiting to see what Landscape Architect will become, i hope you're still on it ;-)

I tried to make my own voxel engine, the same way i had tried to make my own dungeons before knowing about DA, technically it works but i do not have the skills you have to get some great and efficient results, so really waiting :-)

Thanks a lot for all your work and the exceptionnal support you provide with it !
          Cedric
          Awesome work Cedric, thanks for sharing I love your NPC selection UI and navigation. Looking forward to playing it
          Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Pinworm View Post
            I've built a 3D Wristmap for VR. Threw it in DA, connected it to the instanced system for performance, works great!
            Pinworm Your Wristmap is looking great. Thanks for sharing

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Neurologix View Post
              This is seriously incredible. I just purchased DA last night, and I have what I think is a rather odd goal for it. I want to use it to procedurally generate realistic looking top down maps of dungeons for my D&D group. My ultimate goal is to have maybe 10-12 themes that I can create (Fire dungeon, Icelands, Castle, City/Village, Graveyard, etc) that (after the themes are set up) can be pretty speedily procedurally generated whenever the group heads to a new town or encounters a new dungeon/area.

I have pretty much no experience in ue4 (my only remotely close to comp sci experience is running pipelines using python), and so far I've only got the basics of making the theme, putting in walls and floors and rescaling, etc. so here's my question:

I saw for the unity based engine, there are premade themes you provide which look incredible (especially the castle interiors and graveyard ones)- are there premade themes for ue4 that are available in a download the assets and plug in the theme file kind of way?
              Neurologix Sure, you'll find these sample themes and instructions on how to use them in the Quick Start Guide: http://coderespawn.github.io/dungeon...uick-start-ue4

UE4 ships with some high quality free assets (called Infinity Blade assets). The above link as samples that use Infinity Blade's assets and other free assets, along with some paid assets as well

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by rctorres View Post
                I've been trying to use the SnapMap and not having any success. I blocked out some simple levels with Snap Connection actors pointing outwards, enabled World Composition on all of them, avoiding for collision between modules, and only the first module is appearing. Is there any extra set up required to use this? Also, are their any features that aren't supported (landscape, foliage, etc)?
                rctorres Try increasing the collision test value from to a higher number. The default value of 100 is too low (In the sample videos I use 500)

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Hevedy View Post
                  Hello got a question here @Ali Akbar

Its possible to generate more house indoors like dungeons ? Like some kind of hall/corridor control the rest of the rooms layout, connected to this hall all of them ? Some kind of branches aswell can have rooms connected between rooms.
                  Hevedy There's a simple floorplan generator available based on bsp partitioning. I might end up implementing a node based system like this using tree maps: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijcgt/2010/624817/

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Gryphun View Post
                    Seeing an issue in 4.18.1 on OSX.
                    Gryphun I just tested the compilation of the latest version with 2.8.1 locally and it works fine. This looks like a deployment issue in the marketplace. I'll follow up with Epic

Discord Support

Comment

Hello, I just purchased the Dungeon Architect, and when I go into 'Paint Mode', I'm expecting to see blue and green tiles representing the path, but neither show, just a black outline as I move the cursor, suggestions?

Comment

Hey !

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post

Awesome work Cedric, thanks for sharing I love your NPC selection UI and navigation. Looking forward to playing it
                        @Ali: thanks again, hopefully it will be on steam in a few months if all goes well (still a lot of things to fix). Of course, as soon as it's out, there'll be a free access key for you :-)

Originally posted by teak421 View Post

That is REALLY neat...! I would buy that UI.....!

teak
                        @Teak421: thank you, lots of work and thinking behind that UI ! Never thought about selling it, that would be a lot of work to make it versatile enough to be presentable on the MP. Maybe one day if time allows :-)

Cheers

Cedric

Comment

Hello, I am working on creating small houses with floor plan builder, I have a wall with inner texture and outer texture, I cant figure out how to keep the inner texture inside and the outer texture outside, is there a way to rotate the building walls in a way to keep the inner texture inside?

Comment

Which assets were used for this city demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC3Bs6T-xfI&t=21s
                            ?

Comment

Hey @Ali Akbar got another question, its possible generate a dungeon limited by axis ? In my case lets say I want a game 2.5D or like the old side scrollers, where you see the world from side.

Its possible generate the dungeon just in vertical that join different rooms, and special ones with stairs or ladders to connect bottom ones and top ones ? I mean like build a house with many floors aswell define the number of rooms per floor all aligned in the same lets say X or Y to be aligned to the camera that is "2.5D"?

Ty.
                              Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
                              Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

Hello Ali Akbar and DA users. As crazy as the following may sound. I've reviewed the DA User Guide's Generation overview and would like to apply to Two-phased generation method to Entities such as Characters, Weapons, Vehicles, etc. for Procedural Generation. Marker Emitters are attached to the Skeletal Mesh Bones and Sockets. Any recommendations on how I can pull this off?

Dungeon Knight Architect
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	DungeonKnightArchitect.png
Views:	1
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	1403997
                                ExORION Sci-Fi FTPS: Battle Kaiju, Mutants, Techno-Terrorist in Alien Powered Super Suit...

Comment

Working...
                                X