Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hey Ali, this is my first comment ever on these forums even though I've been lurking around a lot of posts.
    I wanted to say WoW, you are a programming genius and for being a solo developer you put most of us others to shame!
    You must really have a great relationship to level designers, they either love you for making their job easier or hate you for making them loose their job
    Thank you for your hard work!

    Comment


      my landscape modifier only works when the landscape is at the very center (0,0,0) of current level. Is this a bug?

      See my screenshots. The behavior differs when you move along positive / negative axis.

      Comment


        Dear Ali,

        Do you think it would be possible to use the paint mode at runtime ?
        My "game" is more a shared editor and it would be nice to offer my players the possibility to paint theirs dungeons at will.

        Thanks !
        Cedric

        Comment


          Since everything is created at runtime, are all your level geometry and lights completely dynamic (as in not static)? How does that work with performance? Are you using any tricks here?

          edit: uhm... You *can* create levels at runtime in-game, right? Or is it editor only (and therefore static geometry and lights)?
          Last edited by MaxPower42; 09-11-2017, 08:49 AM.

          Comment


            Can someone build me a city using City Builder. I own the plugin but I am having a hard time placing larger buildings and getting the city blocks right. I am working on a VR game.. I love the plugin but need more time to figure it out. The instance static mesh feature is awesome I get fast fps but I cannot get this for the life of me. I am willing to pay someone to build me a city scene using my assets. PM me if interested. I need this in the next 10-15 days. Thank You

            Comment


              I still cant build multiple dugeons in the same level. intanced or not.. they jsut destroy each other. in editor or at runtime. doesn't matter.

              Oh and @Ali Akbar - I would apriciate a tip. I nedd to do "adjacent cell emitter" backwards. so mark rooms how far away they are from nearest wall, to place proper roof tile. I've made a few dungeon rules myslef already but I cant get my head around this one somehow
              Last edited by AngeIV; 09-14-2017, 10:31 AM.

              Comment


                I wonder what new updates / features @Ali Akbar is cooking for DA

                Comment


                  Hi All,

                  We have been working with DA for a bout 12 months (bought it before it was up on the Marketplace) - and our game City of Brass - has launched into Early Access today.

                  We are generating new levels at run-time, and using our own custom Grid Builder. We also added a lot of custom markers for long walls, spans, large floor tiles, landmarks and wide doorways (and many more)

                  AJ
                  Uppercut Games

                  Become a daring thief in City of Brass, a punishing first-person rogue-lite filled with treasure, traps and ghoulish foes. Armed with scimitar and a versatile whip, you’ll lash and slash, bait and trap your way to the heart of an opulent, Arabian Nights-themed metropolis – or face certain death as time runs out.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by UppercutAJ View Post
                    We are generating new levels at run-time, and using our own custom Grid Builder. We also added a lot of custom markers for long walls, spans, large floor tiles, landmarks and wide doorways (and many more)
                    It would be nice for all that come standard with DA

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Ericho View Post
                      Hey Ali, this is my first comment ever on these forums even though I've been lurking around a lot of posts.
                      I wanted to say WoW, you are a programming genius and for being a solo developer you put most of us others to shame!
                      You must really have a great relationship to level designers, they either love you for making their job easier or hate you for making them loose their job
                      Thank you for your hard work!
                      Thank you Ericho
                      Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                      Discord Support

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by ViAxl View Post
                        my landscape modifier only works when the landscape is at the very center (0,0,0) of current level. Is this a bug?

                        See my screenshots. The behavior differs when you move along positive / negative axis.
                        ViAxl I've fixed that bug and it will be available in the next update
                        Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                        Discord Support

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by uced View Post
                          Dear Ali,

                          Do you think it would be possible to use the paint mode at runtime ?
                          My "game" is more a shared editor and it would be nice to offer my players the possibility to paint theirs dungeons at will.

                          Thanks !
                          Cedric
                          uced There's some support for this here.


                          Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                          Discord Support

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by MaxPower42 View Post
                            Since everything is created at runtime, are all your level geometry and lights completely dynamic (as in not static)? How does that work with performance? Are you using any tricks here?

                            edit: uhm... You *can* create levels at runtime in-game, right? Or is it editor only (and therefore static geometry and lights)?
                            MaxPower42 You can create them at both runtime or in the editor. You can change your light's mobility to either static or movable from the theme editor. If you build it in the editor, Unreal Ed would treat it like any other level and you can bake your lighting.
                            Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                            Discord Support

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by AngeIV View Post
                              I still cant build multiple dugeons in the same level. intanced or not.. they jsut destroy each other. in editor or at runtime. doesn't matter.

                              Oh and @Ali Akbar - I would apriciate a tip. I nedd to do "adjacent cell emitter" backwards. so mark rooms how far away they are from nearest wall, to place proper roof tile. I've made a few dungeon rules myslef already but I cant get my head around this one somehow
                              AngeIV This was fixed in 2.7.0. However, I checked it still happens if you duplicated the dungeon actor in the editor. I've fixed it by hooking on to the PostDuplicate event and recreating the dungeon unique id so it treats it as another dungeon and doesn't share the items. Till the next update, as a work around, delete your duplicated dungeon actor and drop in a new one and reconfigure it

                              As for the marker, the empty space emitter works in a similar way (how far away an empty space is to the nearest wall). Are you looking to make angular roofs?
                              Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                              Discord Support

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by UppercutAJ View Post
                                Hi All,

                                We have been working with DA for a bout 12 months (bought it before it was up on the Marketplace) - and our game City of Brass - has launched into Early Access today.

                                We are generating new levels at run-time, and using our own custom Grid Builder. We also added a lot of custom markers for long walls, spans, large floor tiles, landmarks and wide doorways (and many more)

                                AJ
                                Uppercut Games
                                UppercutAJ Congrats on the launch I'm very happy to hear that. I just bought your game and can't wait to play it
                                Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                                Discord Support

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X