Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Comment

This should be part of UE4
      [LEGENDS of EPICA Now on Steam] [Twitter] - [Discord]

Comment

Now supports 4.9 on Windows. Will test with mac soon

Comment

You'll have to wait a day or 2 for my money to arrive in my spendy account xD

Comment

Grabbed it! It's been working quite well so far in my project, saved my programmer and I a ton of work! Just curious: has this version been updated at all from the beta that was released a few weeks ago? Is there a changelog anywhere if so?

Comment

Thanks!

@DerekSimProse I've added better support for multiple dungeon editing within the same map, ability to create dungeons at different locations on the map, updated the volumes (so dungeons can be constraints within a certain bounds etc).

This was done using the multi story building demo as a reference

I'll include the change log in the downloads section with the next update.

I'll have 4.9 support by tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Justin.Dooley View Post
                I'm down. I'll make sure I'm subscribed to this thread to ensure I get updates. I've slowly been putting together other elements to make the development process easier. Putting together a pipeline. It's gonna be great! Really looking forward to heavily using your system. I read the user guide doc and was wondering if the ceilings where part of the manual creation or part of the automatic creation? I assume you could create them as a offset floor deco maybe. I'd have to kind of look into it more when I get my hands on it.
                Justin, that's correct. The roof is added to the ground marker with an offset to move it up and rotate it by 180 degrees

Comment

Does this work on mobile(Android, iOS)? Runtime generation obviously wouldn't work but would generated maps in the editor work on mobile?
                  Last edited by jmarshall23; 09-07-2015, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Hi Ali Akbar, an awesome work here. I have a question, could this system be used for create a "city"?. For example, i have some modular building assets with interior and exterior. Could I use this for create a city in a given volume bounds for example.
                    I am just thinking all the uses that i can give to this tool

Comment

Thats pretty darn clever, looks like it could save people a lot of time and give amazing results
                      Check out the horror themed adventure game RELAPSE

Comment

I have been following this thread FOR MONTHS... I am tickled to death to see that it has gone to marketplace. If I can get my idea further along.. I too hope to be able to use this amazing tool.

Thank you for making this Ali.. incredible addition to the engine.
                        Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
                        Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

Originally posted by Alexarg View Post
                          Hi Ali Akbar, an awesome work here. I have a question, could this system be used for create a "city"?. For example, i have some modular building assets with interior and exterior. Could I use this for create a city in a given volume bounds for example.
                          I am just thinking all the uses that i can give to this tool
                          I know that is can used to make buildings not sure about a city.

Ali Showcased it a few posts back with a Building.

Comment

Thanks guys!

@Alexarg You can't build cities with this. You'll need a specialized city builder like this:

(Source: Subversion City Generator)

I've been reading this paper that the author of the above generator used. It should be possible to build some interactive tooling around the algorithm in the UE4 editor

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
                              Thanks guys!

@Alexarg You can't build cities with this. You'll need a specialized city builder like this:

(Source: Subversion City Generator)

I've been reading this paper that the author of the above generator used. It should be possible to build some interactive tooling around the algorithm in the UE4 editor
                              So question Ali - Are you actively looking into building a city generator that works with Dungeon Architect?

If so I Would throw money at the screen so fast

Comment

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
                                So question Ali - Are you actively looking into building a city generator that works with Dungeon Architect?

If so I Would throw money at the screen so fast
                                I'd love to but I haven't committed on it yet I have some old unfinished games I want to push out soon. If I do make one, the city generator would come with a default building generator which could be swappable with other building generators (e.g. from other developers in the marketplace, or dungeon architect etc)

Comment

Working...
                                X