No announcement yet.

Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello - I am working with the Runtime Level Builder in the Starter Kit. I want to allow saving and then loading of the levels generated with the runtime level editor. I tried saving and restoring the values from the DungeonConfig to a SaveGame object, but the only variables visible to me are Instanced, Max Build Time, and Seed. This does not restore the user built level when reload them from my SaveGame. What am I missing?

Comment

Wow, I built my own system like this but yours is way more polished and feature filled! I'm sold.

Quick question, can I place slots pretty easily in the snap room areas to spawn additional things? Like enemy spawns, more random rooms within rooms, etc? And all at runtime?

Comment

First off I'd like to say this builder is extremely professional and well made. Great work.
        I have some inquires about the snap map builder however though, in 2.7.0..
        I saw this issue was posted here before, but I wasn't able to find a solution to this.

Basically with the snap map builder, hooking together random modules, it doesn't seem to take account that doors shouldn't be facing nothing, as in empty space. Even though we have the end/branch end slots filled in with ending modules, it still picks some modules with extra doors.

Any idea as to how to solve this and have the algorithm just pick modules with the right amount of connected doors it needs? or is there a similar work around.

Thanks in advanced..

Comment

When will we see other than grid buiulders finished? I have high hopes for floor planner.

Comment

Originally posted by Mann79 View Post

Hello I want to start an Action Adventure Game, and I really like what I see in your videos. DA looks great!!!

But it will be a First-Person-View and should be VR capable.
            What's the reason why without World Composition a game is not Fist-Person and VR capable?

...and besides:
            Do you think your Plugin is oversized for an SiFi-Adventure-Game with a smaller Map?
            I like the idea of fast stretching some hallways and changing platform altitudes.

I hope also with using DA for raw level-design I can later place puzzles, make animation scenes, place some detailed props with interactions, and so on ... in the DA generated level, right?

best regards
            Mann79 You have large maps that that work just fine in FPS mode. It will slow down if you have too many lights and a huge world. Having world composition would help if you are making huge levels. Here's an example of a fps level in VR

Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by JBernhelm View Post
              [MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION]
              Is there a way for those of us who purchased via Marketplace to download from your site? Would love to update my project to 4.17
              Sure, I've sent you the access codes. If anyone needs website access, let me know

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by BStbck View Post
                Hi Ali,

I noticed that creating mesh nodes with a mobility of "Movable" doesn't work. They are created with a mobility of "Static" instead, both when spawning dynamically during runtime and in the editor.
                A mobility of "Stationary" does work as expected.

Would be great if you could take a look at this, I'm trying to spawn a dungeon on top of not-completely-flat dynamic terrain and need to change the location of objects depending on the terrain height at that location.

I'm using version 2.6.3 with UE 4.16.3.
                BStbck I've fixed the issue and it will be available in the next update

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by duyth View Post
                  Hey [MENTION=59935]A[/MENTION]li (and anyone who has been playing with this)
                  Can this pack be used to create outdoor map/ landscape stuff.. Nothing fancy but I reckon I could use this to make multiple map & handle plants/grass placement etc.
                  I had a look at the Guide here but not sure if there is a DA builder for the above purpose.

Thanks
                  duyth There's some support for transforming the landscape. It will automatically modify the height and weights of the landscape (textures, grass etc which can be controlled from the material)

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by RodenHirata View Post
                    I picked this up and played briefly with it before the 4.17 engine update. If we're building dynamically on mobile, I suppose using no lighting (i.e. emissive materials) and adding cull volumes dynamically is the best way to go? Or can the static lighting be pre-generated somehow?
                    RodenHirata If you are building at runtime, you cannot have precomputed lighting. It is only available if you build your dungeon in the editor and save it. If your game is top-down, you should be able to have lights in mobile as only a few of them would be visible at a time and the rest would be frustum culled by the camera

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Harcarik View Post

I second this option. Will gladly provide receipt, bank statement or any other method to prove my purchase.
                      Your word is proof I've sent you a PM with the codes

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by NightmareSystem View Post
                        Hey! I downloaded the 4.17 version of the plugin and I got this error

Any clue why I got this error? I'm using 4.17.1, and I copy pasted to the plugin folder the 4_17 version of the pluing
                        It should work with 4.17.x. I'll test and upload a recompiled version if needed

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by thelazylion View Post
                          First off I'd like to say this builder is extremely professional and well made. Great work.
                          I have some inquires about the snap map builder however though, in 2.7.0..
                          I saw this issue was posted here before, but I wasn't able to find a solution to this.

Basically with the snap map builder, hooking together random modules, it doesn't seem to take account that doors shouldn't be facing nothing, as in empty space. Even though we have the end/branch end slots filled in with ending modules, it still picks some modules with extra doors.

Any idea as to how to solve this and have the algorithm just pick modules with the right amount of connected doors it needs? or is there a similar work around.

Thanks in advanced..
                          thelazylion Thank you! The doors facing empty space should be promoted to walls, if you've specified a wall mesh in the door connection

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by AngeIV View Post
                            When will we see other than grid buiulders finished? I have high hopes for floor planner.
                            AngeIV I'll finalize all the pending builders soon

Discord Support

Comment

I have a custom version of Unreal Engine 4.17.1 with a few mods built from source.

It's forcing me to rebuild the plugin. However when I try to build with the plugin present I have issues with the wrong header file being the first included.

Any tips on building the plugin from scratch for unreal 4.17.x and future versions?

Here's a snippet from my logs. It's about 10x longer than this.

2>F:\Code\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\MarketPlace\DungeonArchitect\Source\DungeonArchitectRuntime\Private\DungeonThemeAsset.cpp(1): error : Expected DungeonThemeAsset.h to be first header included.
                              2>F:\Code\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\MarketPlace\DungeonArchitect\Source\DungeonArchitectRuntime\Private\Builders\FloorPlan\FloorPlanBuilder.cpp(1): error : Expected FloorPlanBuilder.h to be first header included.
                              2>F:\Code\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\MarketPlace\DungeonArchitect\Source\DungeonArchitectRuntime\Private\Builders\FloorPlan\FloorPlanConfig.cpp(1): error : Expected FloorPlanConfig.h to be first header included.
                              2>F:\Code\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\MarketPlace\DungeonArchitect\Source\DungeonArchitectRuntime\Private\Builders\FloorPlan\FloorPlanModel.cpp(1): error : Expected FloorPlanModel.h to be first header included.
                              2>F:\Code\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\MarketPlace\DungeonArchitect\Source\DungeonArchitectRuntime\Private\Builders\FloorPlan\FloorPlanQuery.cpp(1): error : Expected FloorPlanQuery.h to be first header included.

Comment

Well, after doing a bunch of research, I'm able to build it myself by adding:

PCHUsage = PCHUsageMode.NoSharedPCHs;

To every Build.cs file in the module. I get warnings like: "DungeonArchitectRuntime module has shared PCHs disabled, but does not have a private PCH set". But this is the only thing I can do to get it to compile. Here are some references:

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...eferenceGuide/
                                https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ak-in-415.html

I'm not sure how you're able to build the plugin yourself without this. Maybe you have some modified version of UHT?

A code snippet for how I got it working.

public DungeonArchitectRuntime(ReadOnlyTargetRules Target) : base(Target)
                                {
                                PCHUsage = PCHUsageMode.NoSharedPCHs;

Maybe it would help to remove the precompiled header stuff for newer versions? They really changed a lot about how including headers works in newer versions.
                                Last edited by illYay; 09-06-2017, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X