Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tkat5200 View Post
    the Epic Launcher is saying its installed in every version of the engine I have but I cannot get it to run at all...can't even find it. any suggestions
    Is it enabled in the list of plugins?
    Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
      A new version has been uploaded to the website for engine version 4.16 and 4.17. I'll also submit to Epic shortly
      How long does it take epic to get around to updates?

Comment

Originally posted by LuaChunk View Post
        Hi Ali,

There's two if statements inside UGridDungeonBuilder::ConnectRooms like this:

Code:
        if (PreviousCell->CellType == FCellType::Room || PreviousCell->CellType == FCellType::Room)
        Note the two sides of the || are identical. I've changed it to this:

Code:
        if (CurrentCell->CellType == FCellType::Room || PreviousCell->CellType == FCellType::Room)
        This fixes rooms sometimes not having doors connected to them from corridors... I think.

Cheers,

Ryan.
        Hi Ali,

There's actually two places this bug exists. In 2.7.0 you fixed line 1325 when sweeping the x axis, but not 1365 when sweeping the y axis.

Regards,

Ryan.

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
          [MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION]

Does DA work with World Composition to create truly massive procedurally generated worlds ?
          [MENTION=1680]motorsep[/MENTION] World Composition is not supported. I played around with the engine's world composition framework while experimenting with the snap builder so it shouldn't be too difficult to add. I understand it is required for VR and FPS games. I'll add it in the future
          Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Comment

Originally posted by Tkat5200 View Post
            the Epic Launcher is saying its installed in every version of the engine I have but I cannot get it to run at all...can't even find it. any suggestions
            [MENTION=292591]Tkat5200[/MENTION] Could you try deleting the plugin from the "Installed plugins" link under the engine version and re-downloading. After you launch, navigate to Edit > Plugins. In the left pane, choose Procedural category and make sure Dungeon Architect is installed and enabled

Comment

Originally posted by TheCouch View Post
              Yes, I would expect *that* behavior. I *wouldn't* expect the scale to be applied to the translation though. The problem with this is that it also repositions the wall. Think of it this way: what's happening is akin to applying the scale to the rotation. Let's say I rotate a wall by 90 degrees and then I have a transform logic that scales the wall by .5. Now my wall is only rotated 45 degrees. That would be unexpected behavior. It's similar to applying the scale to the translation. It might make some sense (maybe) if the pivot point was *always* in the exact center of the mesh, but I think that's pretty rare.
              [MENTION=165325]TheCouch[/MENTION] Ah, I misunderstood your post. Scaling the rotation is clearly wrong. I'll have a look tomorrow and have it fixed in 2.7.1

Comment

Originally posted by Dubh View Post
                How long does it take epic to get around to updates?

They are usually pretty fast (~24 hours). I have just submitted 2.7.0 to Epic as Mac QA was pending. I've also added 4.17 support which was released yesterday
                Last edited by Ali Akbar; 08-08-2017, 03:05 PM. Reason: quote

Comment

Originally posted by LuaChunk View Post
                  Hi Ali,

There's actually two places this bug exists. In 2.7.0 you fixed line 1325 when sweeping the x axis, but not 1365 when sweeping the y axis.

Regards,

Ryan.
                  [MENTION=11051]LuaChunk[/MENTION] I'll fix it in 2.7.1

Comment

[MENTION=1680]motorsep[/MENTION] World Composition is not supported. I played around with the engine's world composition framework while experimenting with the snap builder so it shouldn't be too difficult to add. I understand it is required for VR and FPS games. I'll add it in the future
                    That would be great! How far off is such future?

Btw, World Composition is for massive levels, so it can be used in any sort of game, not just FPS and not just in VR.

Comment

[MENTION=165325]TheCouch[/MENTION] Ah, I misunderstood your post. Scaling the rotation is clearly wrong. I'll have a look tomorrow and have it fixed in 2.7.1
                      Note though that the rotation is definitely not being affected, the translation (position) is being affected. My example was meant to illustrate that it's strange to apply the scale to the translation (at least I think it is).

Comment

Greetings ,
                        Thanks for such an awesome plugin , has helped out a lot in development.

Lately have been leaning more and more toward using the Snap Builder as the flexibility to be off grid and use custom pieces is super useful .
                        I know it is still experimental at this time however wanted to give some suggestions for when you have time to refine.
                        Currently in UE4.16 DungeonArchitect 2.6.3

Overall------------------------------------
                        1. Modules are randomly rotated 180 on Z axis , please allow for modules or the builder to turn this off ( for specific isometric modules we dont want them rotated )
                        2. Add probability variable to modules ( on the builder )
                        3. Include something similar to the Cluster Theme Selector volume for Snap to snap to a different specified set of modules ( and option to place a specific transition module at the intersection point ) . Or if the volume is impractical because the generated dungeon might not overlap being able to have a probability variable to switch to different set of modules would also be awesome so if had a A set of modules and a B set the output would be something like AAAAA<AtoB>BBBB<BtoA>AA
                        4. Custom Collision option for Snap Check ( when only the path collision matters , and is ok if exterior \ background objects collide )

Connections and Doors -----------------------------------
                        1. Connections with Door Class , the Door BPs appear to zero out in world space ( however connections are in correct location ) .
                        2. Doors on Connections , cant set the Connection Door class to None after having assigned it (crashes )
                        3. Doors on Connections also can randomly make the map unsaveable ( graph linked to external private object Unknown )
                        Last edited by CorvaeOboro; 08-13-2017, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvaenOboros View Post
                          Greetings ,
                          Thanks for such an awesome plugin , has helped out a lot in development.

Lately have been leaning more and more toward using the Snap Builder as the flexibility to be off grid and use custom pieces is super useful .
                          I know it is still experimental at this time however wanted to give some suggestions for when you have time to refine.
                          Currently in UE4.16 DungeonArchitect 2.6.3

Overall------------------------------------
                          1. Modules are randomly rotated 180 on Z axis , please allow for modules or the builder to turn this off ( for specific isometric modules we dont want them rotated )
                          2. Add probability variable to modules ( on the builder )
                          3. Include something similar to the Cluster Theme Selector volume for Snap to snap to a different specified set of modules ( and option to place a specific transition module at the intersection point ) . Or if the volume is impractical because the generated dungeon might not overlap being able to have a probability variable to switch to different set of modules would also be awesome so if had a A set of modules and a B set the output would be something like AAAAA<AtoB>BBBB<BtoA>AA

Connections and Doors -----------------------------------
                          1. Connections with Door Class , the Door BPs appear to zero out in world space ( however connections are in correct location ) .
                          2. Doors on Connections , cant set the Connection Door class to None after having assigned it (crashes )
                          3. Doors on Connections also can randomly make the map unsaveable ( graph linked to external private object Unknown )
                          I've also found that while including any component in a SnapConnection the component always spawns at the origin no matter where the module spawns. I've tried replicating the example from DA_Snap_GameDemo so that doors/walls can switch depending on the connection type and everything ends up in the middle.

Comment

[MENTION=28871]CorvaenOboros[/MENTION] Thank you for the suggestions. I'll try to get it in the next update
                            [MENTION=525502]rctorres[/MENTION] I'll have a look

Comment

I uploaded mac version of 2.7.0 to the website

Comment

I uploaded mac version of 2.7.0 to the website
                                whoo! thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X