No announcement yet.

Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can i use Dungeon Architect on a dedicated server?

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
      [MENTION=26010]keyle[/MENTION] I'll create a C++ guide soon.
      [MENTION=504934]DrinkThisPotion[/MENTION] I'm working on a post-processor to fix the stair issue and guarantee a valid map
      Any progress on the post-processor? I've been encountering and keeping track of quite a few invalid seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaosgod_Espér View Post
        Small Question:

how to prevent impassable Rooms, Wall-/Fenceless Platforms and not working Stair2x?
        F.e.:
        Here you see 2 impassable Rooms. The large on the right, and the really small left above it.
        This is not that bad in 3rd person or FPS.. since you won´t see those Rooms. But i want it for TopDown (Diablo like), which looks odd if there are Rooms, the Player, NPC or Enemies can´t reach.. :/

Second:
        I don´t know why this happens. But These Platform neither has Walls nor fences.. It simply spawns inside a room..
        Two Questions here:
        Any chance to set Walls and Fences there?
        If not, Any way to prevent such Platforms?

Third:
        It often happens, that i get Double or Triple Stairs glitching into each other, cause there are up to 3 Passages withing ONE Corner of a Corridor..
        See:
        Any suggestion how to prevent that?

Last but not Least:
        I think DA is designed to use Straight Stairs. So.. i don´t think this is a Bug or such.. But i´d need some help to fix this
        Is there a Manual/Doc/Help that explains how to make such Stairways possible? Or do i need to place it all by hand for myself?
        Would be nice, cause such Stairways lead into glitching through Walls, ther Stairs or lead into nothing (free space outside dungeon)

Info:
        I simply used the standard DA Dungeon Config. Seed: 12431, Max Stair Height: 2, Height Variation: 0.5
        This is my Debug Theme:

Hope you Guys can help me out
        [MENTION=452540]Chaosgod_Espér[/MENTION] I've improved the stair model and will be available in the next update. I'll have a look at the wall/fence issue tomorrow
        Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
          [MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION] - Do you have the theme file that you used here? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC3Bs6T-xfI

I have that asset and would like to see your theme file to work out how you built your city. Can you share it with me?
          [MENTION=22376]qdelpeche[/MENTION] those assets are not modular (atleast the road meshes). I'll send you the theme file tomorrow

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Dubh View Post
            I snagged the content pack (https://github.com/coderespawn/dunge...ontent_2.6.zip) and tried out the "Level Authoring by Players (Runtime)" but the blueprint BP_DALB_GameState doesn't have input to Cell Data.

Anyone know what to tweak for this? I just picked up DA so not very familiar with it yet!
            [MENTION=172881]Dubh[/MENTION] It broke due to a recent change and I'll have it fixed by tomorrow

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by TheCouch View Post
              I think I've found a bug with the TransformLogic, that or I don't understand what it's doing (50/50). The transform scale of a node appears to be applied in some way to the transform logic's *translation* transform and not just the scale. It makes for some oddly placed meshes. To repro, create a grid dungeon and add a mesh node and hang it off the wall marker (add a wall mesh or a cube or something as the mesh). Scale the node's height using the Z coord to something like 1.5. Then add a transform logic to that node. In the transform logic, translate (offset) in the positive Z direction a set number of units. Build the dungeon. The mesh is scaled correctly, but the translation seems to also be affected by the *scale* of the node. My guess is that the translation (loc) is being multiplied or divided by the scale for some reason. I can't for the life of me think of a use for that functionality so I'm thinking it's a bug.
              [MENTION=165325]TheCouch[/MENTION] That's expected behaviour. The transform logic's transform will be relative to the parent. An example would be where you randomly place a painting on the wall in the Z range of 100 to 200 cm high. Later you decide to make the parent wall 3 times larger. We want the offset to also be scaled from 300 to 600 cm to make up for the larger wall

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by ReenOne View Post
                How can i use Dungeon Architect on a dedicated server?
                [MENTION=41153]ReenOne[/MENTION] There's a multiplayer sample in the quick start guide and it works with dedicated server

Discord Support

Comment

The snap builder pieces together modules. As of now, these modules have to be blueprints (with meshes in it). This should be replaced with maps files so each individual pieces are stored in their own map files. It's a pain to design your level modules in a blueprint editor.

I did support map files in the past but that caused various issues that needs to be addressed

Also, I'll be supporting multiple layout algorithms in snap builder (where you select the layout type from a drop down box). The default snap algorithm goes from start to finish with some branches on the side along the way.

Some possibilities:

Space Partitioning so you can have keys / doors and a constraint system. I believe this is what the game ziggaurath uses

NxN tile layout algorithms with opening on any of NWSE like in Spelunky

I'll have more updates on the Snap builder in 2.8 after i release 2.7 in a few days

Some progress on a new dungeon layout algorithm (like ziggaurath)

I start with a world bounds, and binary split it till a min/max room size is reached

The splits don't have to be in the center

Connect the doors based on the tree connections. This helps us enforce conditions, i.e. two child subtrees of a node are guaranteed to be isolated and connected only through the node's door. This helps in created a door / lock combo. It can also loop

Purge the tree and tag the doors (notice E, L, K)

Discord Support

Comment

Hi Ali,

There's two if statements inside UGridDungeonBuilder::ConnectRooms like this:

Code:
                    if (PreviousCell->CellType == FCellType::Room || PreviousCell->CellType == FCellType::Room)
                    Note the two sides of the || are identical. I've changed it to this:

Code:
                    if (CurrentCell->CellType == FCellType::Room || PreviousCell->CellType == FCellType::Room)
                    This fixes rooms sometimes not having doors connected to them from corridors... I think.

Cheers,

Ryan.

Comment

I also added:

Code:
                      FORCEINLINE uint32 GetTypeHash(const FRectangle& rect)
                      {
                      	return FCrc::MemCrc_DEPRECATED(&rect, sizeof(FRectangle));
                      }
                      To MathUtils.h so I can put an FRectangle in a TSet and/or TMap.

Cheers,

Ryan.

Comment

[MENTION=11051]LuaChunk[/MENTION] Thanks for the fix. I've added it to the code and will be available in the next build

Discord Support

Comment

A new version has been uploaded to the website for engine version 4.16 and 4.17. I'll also submit to Epic shortly

Version 2.7.0
                          * Marker replacement volumes now run after all the Marker Emitter blueprints have emitted their markers
                          * Fixed a bug in the grid builder that was causing doors to not create properly in some cases
                          * Fixed a crash issue with the Actor theme node
                          * Improved the stair connection model
                          * Refactored the SceneProvider C++ API to take in a context object
                          * Fixed a bug with pooling where actors from another dungeon where deleted
                          * Exposed the snap confiugration to blueprints
                          * Exposed the grid tool paint data to blueprints
                          * Added wall separators to floorplan builder
                          * Added support for engine version 4.17

Discord Support

Comment

[MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION]

Does DA work with World Composition to create truly massive procedurally generated worlds ?

Comment

the Epic Launcher is saying its installed in every version of the engine I have but I cannot get it to run at all...can't even find it. any suggestions
                              Go Rogue or Go Home

Get the Rogue Records America Mobile App
                              iPhone – http://goo.gl/Q2YhTS
                              Android – http://goo.gl/NB18oV
                              Windows Phones – http://goo.gl/dkIEHv

ARK - TERRAPIN: Coming one fine day
                              Find Rogue on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/RogueRecordsAmerica/

Comment

[MENTION=165325]TheCouch[/MENTION] That's expected behaviour. The transform logic's transform will be relative to the parent. An example would be where you randomly place a painting on the wall in the Z range of 100 to 200 cm high. Later you decide to make the parent wall 3 times larger. We want the offset to also be scaled from 300 to 600 cm to make up for the larger wall
                                Yes, I would expect *that* behavior. I *wouldn't* expect the scale to be applied to the translation though. The problem with this is that it also repositions the wall. Think of it this way: what's happening is akin to applying the scale to the rotation. Let's say I rotate a wall by 90 degrees and then I have a transform logic that scales the wall by .5. Now my wall is only rotated 45 degrees. That would be unexpected behavior. It's similar to applying the scale to the translation. It might make some sense (maybe) if the pivot point was *always* in the exact center of the mesh, but I think that's pretty rare.

Comment

Working...
                                X