Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GameMaster79 View Post
    Hi Ali,

Thank you for an amazing product. I'm using the snap builder and had a few questions. I'm sorry if I missed this information from earlier in the thread.

You mentioned you would exposed the snap configuration to blueprints?
    I would like to be able to specific rooms for not just the start and end but at certain points through out the map. Further or closer to the start. Does Snap builder number the rooms?(ie in a 10 room level the start would be room 1 and the end room 10.) If so can we get access to that number?

Order- Is there a good way to get the room order after the level is built? If the level had 10 rooms it would be useful to know if the NPC units were in room 2 vers room 9. How can we do this currently?
    [MENTION=190374]GameMaster79[/MENTION] I'll expose the tree that makes up the snap level so you can traverse from room to room (and branches) in BP
    Dungeon Architect | Landscape Architect | City Architect | Tree Architect | Haste

Get in touch with me on Discord

Comment

• Multiplayer Demo

Added a new Multiplayer demo in the quick start guide. (You'll need to download the content for 2.6+)

Overview

Tutorial
      Dungeon Architect | Landscape Architect | City Architect | Tree Architect | Haste

Comment

• Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
        Added a new Multiplayer demo ..
        Great example, have it working, except it always teleports one out of the loading room. Besides, is it possible to have players join the dungeon at a later time, with that seed?

EDIT
        So this works for me with the teleporting (will add a integer for max player later, testing with two), added directly after the prefered location variable.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	solution.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	1131139
        Last edited by unit23; 07-14-2017, 05:35 PM.

Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | IndieDB

Comment

• Is there a guide/tutorial on how to best spawn pawn actors and nav mesh into a runtime dungeon?

Comment

• Originally posted by unit23 View Post
            Is there a guide/tutorial on how to best spawn pawn actors and nav mesh into a runtime dungeon?
            Not sure if this is the correct way but, placed a nav mesh into the scene (using dynamic navmesh settings), and then added this

Click image for larger version

Name:	exampled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	1131144

Comment

[MENTION=165325]TheCouch[/MENTION] The list is populated by UE4. However I have some flags set so that the default values can be modified after the class is selected from the dropdown box (which might be causing this issue). I'll investigate this further
              This has stopped. I had some older selectors that perhaps was causing the problem. They compiled, but I wasn't using them. They were probably created about a year ago. Sorry I didn't save them so you could investigate but I just decided to clean everything up to see if the problem would go away and it did. I didn't expect that to work (since they compiled) but that's the only reason I can see that this problem was happening.

Comment

• Testing with enemies the multiplayer demo, using gamesparks.com

Work in progress.

Comment

[MENTION=32767]Wolfen[/MENTION], Thank you for making this.

Wolfen's list is here: https://www.pinterest.com/wolfen420/...ers-and-rules/
                  Apologies. I have been out of the loop for a while. Want to get back on to updating this. If I missed any hopefully some folks will point them out. Or if someone wants to help moderate it from here let me know and I will grant access to adding to it. I just don't want to open it up to everyone or we could end up with spam or what not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfen View Post
                    Very useful, thanks for sharing!
                    [MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION]
                    Destructible dungeon actors do not seem to work, though alternatively i use destructible blueprints (With event on fracture) and spawn them on the ground marker, which seems to work well.

Comment

[MENTION=10853]UppercutAJ[/MENTION] I'm trying to get this streaming issue to show up in my computer but unable to. By standalone builds, do you mean a packaged project or Play > Standalone Game. I'll also try with a packaged build

Here's what I did:
                      - Set the engine scalability to Medium
                      - Build a dungeon really far away with meshes that have a 4K texture. Since they are too far away, only the lowest mip is streamed in
                      - After the dungeon is built, move the player close to the mesh. It properly streams the higher mips in (video 0:02-0:03)

For debugging, could you try spawning a gate mesh from blueprints next to your player and see if this also has the same issue

We think we've solved this now, Ali. If you have a theme that spawns a static mesh actor and also spawns a blueprint actor with a static mesh component with mobility set to 'movable', and both use a static mesh with the same texture, then that texture wont stream correctly. The fix for us was we had to go into all our blueprints and make sure the static mesh components in them had their mobility set to 'static'. If the blueprint had a 'movable' root component, which means the static mesh components must be movable then we had to dup the texture for that mesh.

Regards,

Ryan.

Comment

• [MENTION=31112]unit23[/MENTION] Could you try the updated multiplayer demo? The one I uploaded earlier was from the previous version and not the one you see in the video tutorial

Comment

• Originally posted by LuaChunk View Post
                          We think we've solved this now, Ali. If you have a theme that spawns a static mesh actor and also spawns a blueprint actor with a static mesh component with mobility set to 'movable', and both use a static mesh with the same texture, then that texture wont stream correctly. The fix for us was we had to go into all our blueprints and make sure the static mesh components in them had their mobility set to 'static'. If the blueprint had a 'movable' root component, which means the static mesh components must be movable then we had to dup the texture for that mesh.

Regards,

Ryan.
                          Ryan, thanks for the followup post. I'll add this to the docs

Comment

• DA is on sale right now (50% off)

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...geon-architect
                            Last edited by Ali Akbar; 07-18-2017, 07:24 AM. Reason: link

Comment

[MENTION=31112]unit23[/MENTION] Could you try the updated multiplayer demo? The one I uploaded earlier was from the previous version and not the one you see in the video tutorial
                              I use the latest version, and the latest (July 14 downloaded) content package. Not a high priority issue.

ps. I wrote you an email a few days ago.

Another thing, in this video, while the ping is reasonable for the assets used, the player has some sort of motion blur, is this intended (kind of cool), or the engine dealing with high load computing?

Comment

• Snap builder is marked as WIP. Is there any work in this direction? And what are the pitfalls in its current state?

Comment

Working...
                                X