Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
    [MENTION=10870]Praseodyl[/MENTION] I changed the color a while ago to test something. I'll revert it back

For spatial constraints 3x3 is idea for ground tiles (since it is surround by 3x3 tiles). You'd use 2x2 for Corners (like Fence Separators, Wall Seperators) since they are surrounded by 2x2 tiles. The Edge constraint is for the Walls and fences
    Thanks for the reply. I managed to get the wall setup I wanted by basically swapping the 'meaning' of 'Wall' and 'WallSeparator'. That worked out nicely. I do have some follow-up questions:

Would it be possible to create a 2x3 spatial constraint? If you have a 2x3 block like this
    and between element 2 and 5 is a wall, you would have greater control of the placement of walls.
    If this is possible somehow already, let me know.

At corners where fences and walls meet, is there some rule controlling whether the WallSeparator or the FenceSeparator Emitter is triggered?
    I managed to work around that uncertainty, but maybe I simply missed a feature somewhere.

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/puAY9aG.png

I get this error when I try to run the demo mapsClick image for larger version

Name:	BluePrintError.png
Views:	1
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	1130304
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by calvin019 View Post

I get this error when I try to run the demo maps[ATTACH=CONFIG]146452[/ATTACH]
        I think you must create CellData from Location and put in AddPaintCell node

Comment

C++ Programming Guide

The guide helps you use Dungeon Architect with your C++ project. It is still a work in progress and I'll be adding more in the coming days. Let me know what you'd like to see in the guide
          Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by calvin019 View Post

I get this error when I try to run the demo maps
            [MENTION=787597]calvin019[/MENTION] Thanks for the bug report. I've fixed the error in the level builder sample project. This fix will be available in the next build. It allows you to paint both rooms and corridors from the level builder sample

Discord Support

Comment

I've added experimental blackboard support to the dungeon actor so you can store / retrieve data from rules (selector / transform rules). This can be useful for limiting the total no. of items spawned of a certain type. There are still some issues to be sorted out and I'll have more updates on this later

Discord Support

Comment

Added a new grid query function to fetch the adjacent cells from a given cell

Discord Support

Comment

Added wall separators to the floorplan builder

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
                    Added a new grid query function to fetch the adjacent cells from a given cell
                    I appreciate that!

Comment

My office building demo looks nothing like the vid. its just the floor, no elevators

Comment

Yes, this is still happening even with 4.16.2. I've now waited 30 minutes. I'm surprised no one else is seeing this, it's very consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCouch View Post
                          Yes, this is still happening even with 4.16.2. I've now waited 30 minutes. I'm surprised no one else is seeing this, it's very consistent.
                          May have figured this out. I just went through all of my Grid Dungeon Selector Logics and found one with an error (apparently it was an old one that I wasn't using anymore). Deleted it and it started working again. So if there's an error in a selector trying to choose a selector will lock up URE. Not sure if there's anything you can do about that.

Comment

May have figured this out. I just went through all of my Grid Dungeon Selector Logics and found one with an error (apparently it was an old one that I wasn't using anymore). Deleted it and it started working again. So if there's an error in a selector trying to choose a selector will lock up URE. Not sure if there's anything you can do about that.
                            It may also have been because of an unconnected return node. The error caused the return node to become disconnected.

Comment

It may also have been because of an unconnected return node. The error caused the return node to become disconnected.
                              Whelp, nope, that's not it either. Still happening somewhat randomly. Seems to happen more frequently the longer I have URE open. Or something.

Comment

Hi,

We're in the process of upgrading to UE4 4.16 and DA 2.6.2. I've got it all working in the editor but when I run a cooked build I get the following error:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	1130708

It seems to be trying to load the WITH_EDITORONLY_DATA property PreviewViewportProperties which is a subobject created in the constructor and named 'PreviewProperties'.

Is anyone else able to run a cooked build with DA 2.6.2

Regards,

Ryan.

Comment

Working...
                                X