Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtticusFinch View Post
    Nevermind. I figured it out. Sorry for the noise.

I did not see the marketplace folder...

C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.15\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\DungeonArchitect\Source

[MENTION=270652]AtticusFinch[/MENTION] If you want to include DA in your C++ game project, open PROJECT.Build.cs and add "DungeonArchitectRuntime" to the PublicDependencyModuleNames list

Code:
    // Copyright 1998-2017 Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

using UnrealBuildTool;

public class DA416X : ModuleRules
    {
    	public DA416X(ReadOnlyTargetRules Target) : base(Target)
    	{
    		PCHUsage = PCHUsageMode.UseExplicitOrSharedPCHs;

PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { "Core", "CoreUObject", "Engine", "InputCore", "HeadMountedDisplay", "DungeonArchitectRuntime" });
    	}
    }
    Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by JBernhelm View Post
      [MENTION=59935]A[/MENTION]li

So far, snap map is giving me the best results for my game-level type. Any chance we'll see some theme (or theme-like) integration with snap map? Basically, I'd love to be able to place actors in my snap BPs that serve as markers (like the MySnapConnection ones) that are then replaced / spawn things from the theme editor using the rules system, etc.
      [MENTION=18854]JBernhelm[/MENTION] Theming is planned for the snap builder. I'm exploring ways of abstracting the snap module to come from three sources (blueprints, levels and layout blocks). Layout blocks are basic blocks you create in a separate editor and themes can be applied on it. I'll have more info in the future

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by dazuk1978 View Post
        [MENTION=59935]A[/MENTION]li

Hey,
        When I'm using the Spatial Constraints to toggle the Empty/Occupied/Ignore flags, I notice over a short amount of time FPS decreases massively until it's so bad I have to close UE4. Once reopened it is fine again until I start using the Spatial Constraints again and then the same will happen over time.
        It seems like some kind of memory leak?

I don't know if it's specific to my machine or a general issue but I thought I would notify you regardless.

Thanks

Daz, I'll have a look

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Dammodor View Post
          Hey man love your plug-in. im thinking of making a top down tactical shooter with melee combat and a build your own class system like in rpgs. does this plug in support 2d and orthographic view, so like police stories or bastion. im horrid at art so i was wondering in doing 2d but the on 2d support is in unity. am i missing something or could you help me.

im kinda new to game development so if it has to be a custom thing could you point me in the right direction?
          thanks a tonne!!
          [MENTION=76282]Dammodor[/MENTION] Thank you for using DA. 2D is not supported. I did create an experimental Paper2D extension last year. Orthographic views are supported by the engine. You create your 3D dungeons and set the projection in the camera

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by TLBainter View Post
            Ah, man! This is so freaking cool. Superbly amazed, haha; can't wait to see more of this--hopefully I can try it out, soon!
            [MENTION=347821]TLBainter[/MENTION] Thank you Let us know what you create!

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Dontcry View Post
              I got some question.. DungeonA and B in same Level . Dungeon A has some actor node and build is fine.but When I build Dungeon B , A all actor node disappear ..how to fix it...thx..
              [MENTION=22358]Dontcry[/MENTION] Try dropping in a new dungeon actor as Dungeon B. It looks like you duplicated DungeonB from DungeonA (which made it share the same dungeon id) and is causing this issue. I'll fix it in the next build

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by angie ash View Post
                Hello ali super plugin
                By cons I did not used the blueprint by clicking on + selection logics I do not have a window that opens ???
                bug
                I'm under ue4 15.3
                Sorry for the translation I am french
                [MENTION=437993]angie ash[/MENTION] Thank you! The method of creating has change slightly since I created the video tutorials. Please follow the User Guide's Selector / Transform "Rules" section

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Jones Mussmann View Post
                  fantastic plugin! ive recently begun using it and im excited to move onto the more intricate parts of it.

however, whenever i try to package my project i get this error

[ATTACH=CONFIG]143808[/ATTACH]

this happens on both dev and shipping build, and this is testing the plugin by itself in a new third person demo project.
                  in the editor everything works fine, i have a dungeon and linked theme placed in the level. but whenever i try to play it out of the editor it crashes, and i guess its because of the dungeon theme not having a reference. so i think this has something to do with the dungeon architect files/dlls/cpps being included in my packaged build, but im not sure, anyone have any idea why this would happen and how to fix it?
                  [MENTION=218253]Jones Mussmann[/MENTION] Thanks for the heads-up. I'll have a fix ASAP

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
                    [MENTION=218253]Jones Mussmann[/MENTION] Thanks for the heads-up. I'll have a fix ASAP
                    I've fixed the issue and it will be available in 2.6.3

Discord Support

Comment

Submitted a new version to Epic for review

Version 2.6.3
                      • Fixed a critical bug with theme files that was crashing standalone builds
                      • IsNearMarker grid query function also retuns the number of nearby markers found nearby

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by AngeIV View Post
                        Ali I need a little tip here. I am using grid for spawning buildings in specific places. I am using a single marker emitter that emitts room centers for grid and palce the building in the center. It gives me pretty nice control over the placement and elevation of the buildings, as well as allow me to mix this way of building placement with grid based buildings that actually are built on theme override. So a mixture of "blueprint" base dbuildings and grid based buildings on a single spawner that can manage several towns with different themes. However I cant somehow manage to rotate those buildings! I wanted to use marker override for the emitted center marker to a rot90 marker in example, but it just doesn't override. If I however rotate the mid marker all buildings rotate in that axis and it works. So I need a system to spawn a lot of staff - thru one of 4 spawn rots. one way to do it is make 4 dungeons and rot each 90 degree and spawn specific buildings on specific dungeons but I bet there is an easier way to do it.
                        [MENTION=567051]AngeIV[/MENTION] If I understand you correctly, you are trying to place a building in the center of the rooms like below (take from the unity version). Rotating the RoomCenter marker should rotate your building. If you have multiple buildings attached to the room center marker, try adding a transform rule in the building nodes and randomly rotate in 90% steps (there are some examples of this in the quick start content)

Discord Support

Comment

[MENTION=567051]AngeIV[/MENTION] If I understand you correctly, you are trying to place a building in the center of the rooms like below (take from the unity version). Rotating the RoomCenter marker should rotate your building. If you have multiple buildings attached to the room center marker, try adding a transform rule in the building nodes and randomly rotate in 90% steps (there are some examples of this in the quick start content)

Yes! I already do that. Except I need to control the rotation - not make it random. And having direction variations of the theme and do theme override seems like an overkill

Comment

2.6.3 is now available in the marketplace

Discord Support

Comment

[MENTION=18854]JBernhelm[/MENTION] Theming is planned for the snap builder. I'm exploring ways of abstracting the snap module to come from three sources (blueprints, levels and layout blocks). Layout blocks are basic blocks you create in a separate editor and themes can be applied on it. I'll have more info in the future
                              That sounds like fantastic functionality. Thanks for the updates and responses!

Sent you a PM about this too - For the next update, could you please make all of the variables in SnapBuilderConfig BluePrintReadWrite? I need to be able to change snap builder module arrays and branch settings in runtime via blueprint and it looks like that is impossible at the moment.

Comment

I've added the search count and it should be available in the next build
                                Thank you so much for this and all the other questions I asked!! I am going to look at the small distances for the Is Near Marker query in more detail and give you reproduce steps, but yes I meant 200 not 2000.

Even though my grid is 500x500 I still need the shorter distance sometimes.

The short distances are necessary for me to prevent some bad spawn positions of separator decorations. Maybe there's another way to accomplish with the new tools you've given us. Anyway I'll load up the DA demo and get reproduce steps.

Comment

Working...
                                X