X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtticusFinch View Post
    HI Ali,

I have a couple questions.

I am very interested in the Dungeon Flow Editor. I cannot find any documentation on it. Is it a work in progress? I did not see anything listed on the roadmap for it (except in old 2.0 roadmap).

Is there a way to update the properties of an object in a marker when you emit the marker in blueprints? I can set the socket type but the node does not return the marker object so I cannot modify it. So then I thought I will use Spawn Logic, but I do not have idea where this marker is in the dungeon, no context to make the changes I want, an example situation for this would be I want to modify the boss in the boss room to be the correct level for the player coming into the dungeon. I guess I could loop through all the markers in the event on Markers Emiited and find out where there are and modify them.

I guess to sum up I am trying to find the best way to customize how I place monsters, traps, treasure, and props and such in the generated dungeon. I want generate these details myself and then query the dungeon and plug them in at appropriate places.

Any tips would be appreciated. I have been through quick start guide and project and the docs many times. I am going to go through this monster thread and see what other tips are in here.

Thanks for a great product.
    [MENTION=270652]AtticusFinch[/MENTION] The Dungeon Flow Editor is a WIP

In your example above, I'd set this from outside the theme logic (like level blueprint or game mode bp). I'll be adding blackboards in 2.7.0+ so you can do something like this in the future, provided you properly set the blackboard variables before building (PlayerLevel in this case)

So if you set the PlayerLevel blackboard variable to 10 before building the dungeon, your boss NPC would be spawned and the Spawn Logic BP would initialize the NPC to level 11 (Not implemented yet)
    Last edited by Ali Akbar; 05-18-2017, 07:12 AM. Reason: typo
    Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by lafilmcompany View Post
      Really need a City Builder Tutorial. I need to make some levels in the next week an need some help generating city levels for my game. I have my assets I just need to get the concept of how to build using City Builder. I need to finish my demo in the next week. Hopefully we can get a updated City Builder tutorial. Thanks for the great work You have done on this plugin.
      [MENTION=202843]lafilmcompany[/MENTION] I'll add a tutorial soon

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by popawheelie View Post
        Hi, I understand it is a floor plan is experimental but I'm wondering if it is possible to place wall separators. I have been trying and it doesn't seem to work. Cheers, thanks in advance.
        [MENTION=22252]popawheelie[/MENTION], it should be easy. I'll try to implement it in 2.7.0

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by DrinkThisPotion View Post
          Hi Ali,
          Did you get a chance to look at why the spatial constraints aren't working in runtime? As par my previous post:

Bug found: Spatial Constraints cause meshes to not spawn in runtime generated dungeon in Standalone mode.

Steps to reproduce in sample project:
          -Open Runtime Dungeon Map.
          -In the starter pack theme, add any mesh and apply spatial constraint.
          -The mesh will not spawn in Standalone mode. (works fine in editor) - meshes appear to never even be placed by DA.
          -UE 4.15, DA 2.6
          [MENTION=504934]DrinkThisPotion[/MENTION] I've fixed the issue and will be available in 2.6.1

Discord Support

Comment

Submitted 2.6.1 to Epic for review. This is a maintenance release with various bug fixes

Version 2.6.1
            • Fixed static lightmap baking issues with instanced mesh dungeons
            • Fixed a bug with PostDungeonBuild Listener Event which was getting fired before all the dungeon actors were spawned
            • Fixed Spatial Constraints not working on standalone build
            • Fixed a crash issue if Landscape modifier is enabled and the dungeon is built at runtime
            • Fixed a crash issue with the IsNearMarker node if the builder pin was not plugged in
            • Added a new help system to launch the documentation links from within the editor. This can be invoked from the Dungeon Actor's details panel or from the theme editor's toolbar
            • Added height variations to the custom grid builder

Discord Support

Comment

Hay Ali is there a way to make the Dungeon Creation do a Step by Step like Handling, where it Creates the Room, with doors and such, then waits till I activate it to run the next sequence of Generation? I`m working on making it so that the Level Slowly builds itself while the Dungeon is being created, Think of building blocks putting themselves together to form a house, but I`m trying to get it to happen on a step by step basis instead of Generating the whole dungeon at once then turning everything off, and yea :P

Comment

I am looking forward to it. My game is more of an open world style level instead of Dungeon style game. I bought this because of the City Builder. It is pure genius. I need to submit my game to Xbox soon and need to get my levels finished. Thank you for the great plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by Bioblaze View Post
                  Hay Ali is there a way to make the Dungeon Creation do a Step by Step like Handling, where it Creates the Room, with doors and such, then waits till I activate it to run the next sequence of Generation? I`m working on making it so that the Level Slowly builds itself while the Dungeon is being created, Think of building blocks putting themselves together to form a house, but I`m trying to get it to happen on a step by step basis instead of Generating the whole dungeon at once then turning everything off, and yea :P
                  [MENTION=43786]Bioblaze[/MENTION] It should be possible. I'm experimenting with splitting the dungeon into smaller clusters in separate levels and streaming them in the Unity version. Your post gives me an idea of generating / destroying clusters in the persistent level itself and it should keep things simple. I'll explore more and let you know

Discord Support

Comment

2.6.1 is available in the launcher

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by lafilmcompany View Post
                      I am looking forward to it. My game is more of an open world style level instead of Dungeon style game. I bought this because of the City Builder. It is pure genius. I need to submit my game to Xbox soon and need to get my levels finished. Thank you for the great plugin.
                      [MENTION=202843]lafilmcompany[/MENTION] I created a quick walk through video on creating a city theme

Discord Support

Comment

I've read that the floor plan becomes stable and out of experimental soon. How soon is it? At this state the grid builder is the only really working stable architecture. And dont get me wrong. I freaking love it and it helped me a lot in my work, but still... when can I make buildings not from layered grid? :P

Comment

Do not lead to bad. =)
                          I think this topic should be placed in the maketplace or community content section, not in work in progress.
                          It already has been released In a great style
                          lunybunny.com
                          lunybunny.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
                            [MENTION=504934]DrinkThisPotion[/MENTION] I've fixed the issue and will be available in 2.6.1
                            Thanks much!

Comment

Do you have any plans to support Clustered Themeing in City Architect? Currently I have an Office District theme, a Suburb theme, and a Trailer Park theme. Ideally there'd be a similar function to Clustered Themeing that'd allow me to combine these (I can put the themes together, but then it just mixes and matches the buildings randomly).

I guess another option is manually placing several dungeons, which would allow me more control of block size too.. but that won't have them work in synergy IE connected roads unless I set it up manually (was hoping to randomize at runtime).

Any suggestions to this problem? I understand City Architect isn't fully supported

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
                                [MENTION=43786]Bioblaze[/MENTION] It should be possible. I'm experimenting with splitting the dungeon into smaller clusters in separate levels and streaming them in the Unity version. Your post gives me an idea of generating / destroying clusters in the persistent level itself and it should keep things simple. I'll explore more and let you know

:O Throw me a Line once you`ve explored this more <3 Would love to hear about it games already ready to be published on steam, but having some issues with rendering longer corridors and such, so i figured this would be the best course of action, and I already tried the Level Streaming bit, in UE4, I had a dungeon with 100,000 rooms, and broke it into 2000 levels i think, and slowly streamed them in, but levels would be half made, lose corridors etc etc

Comment

Working...
                                X