Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ali,

Thank you for creating this awesome plugin! I'd like to utilize it on a project. Does my entire team need a copy for the project or is one copy for the project usable?

Comment

Do you have a template for Your Zombie procedural City that you used in your zombie game? I am building a similar game and I want to use mostly city's and level streaming. I am new to level design. I just bought this plugin and I am excited to use it. I downloaded the cartoon city but the Zombie City is more of what I am looking to do. I have all of the assets that I want to use for my levels I just need to know how to make the procedural cities like yours.

Thanks in Advance!

Comment

I picked up DA on sale, amazed at how much functionality is here as I'm going through the video tutorials (thanks for those, those and your documentation really sold me).

I notice the video series is over a year old: has anything significantly changed since then that someone just getting started now should be aware of?

SINGMETOSLEEP / PARASOMNIA / DARKDRIFT / ETERNAL APEX / PRETTY ABRASIVE MUSIC / TWITTER @ACATALEPT

Comment

Ali quick question. How is Dungeon architect licensed? Per project/ per account?
          Can I use it in a source controll project as non-marketplace plugin?

Comment

Hi,

I have a small problem and I hope you guys could help me out.

My idea: I currently generate a dungeon at design time (but it should be possible to generate the dungeon on runtime later on). I want to place a "spawn object" using an emitter and as soon as the dungeon is generated the player sould be moved to this spawn position.

What I did: I implemented an C++-EventListener and tried to use an TActorIterator in the OnPostDungeonBuild_Implementation to walk over all generated spawn positions. If I press "generate dungeon" the event method is called, but no actors can be found using the TActorIterator. I thought that the OnPostDungeonBuild_Implementation would be called after Actors are created. Is that assumption wrong?

Code:
            UWorld* world = Dungeon->GetWorld();

TArray<AActor*> playerSpawns;
            	TActorIterator<AActor> playerSpawnsIt(world);
            	for (; playerSpawnsIt; ++playerSpawnsIt)
            	{
            		UE_LOG(TADungeonEventListenerLog, Log, TEXT("Found Actor: %s"), *(*playerSpawnsIt)->GetName()); // Only the actory that are not generated by the dungeon are found
            		playerSpawns.Add(*playerSpawnsIt);
            	}

Comment

Originally posted by dsenter View Post
              Hi Ali,

Thank you for creating this awesome plugin! I'd like to utilize it on a project. Does my entire team need a copy for the project or is one copy for the project usable?
              Originally posted by AngeIV View Post
              Ali quick question. How is Dungeon architect licensed? Per project/ per account?
              [MENTION=35218]dsenter[/MENTION] [MENTION=567051]AngeIV[/MENTION] Dungeon Architect uses a single seat license which requires a license per developer

Once purchased, you can use DA for an unlimited no. of projects and all future updates will be free. It will be supported for the lifetime of UE4

You can install your plugin on multiple computers you work on (mac, windows, laptops etc). It comes with full source code, so you can change the code and keep the changes or share it with your team (in source control), as long as they also have a license

There are some teams who already use it this way. They bought bulk licenses and set up a local repository. You can grab the marketplace plugin and the code from this folder: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.15\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\DungeonArchitect
              Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by lafilmcompany View Post
                Do you have a template for Your Zombie procedural City that you used in your zombie game? I am building a similar game and I want to use mostly city's and level streaming. I am new to level design. I just bought this plugin and I am excited to use it. I downloaded the cartoon city but the Zombie City is more of what I am looking to do. I have all of the assets that I want to use for my levels I just need to know how to make the procedural cities like yours.

Thanks in Advance!
                [MENTION=202843]lafilmcompany[/MENTION] I'll have to remove the third party assets and replace them with free version before I can release them. For making procedural cities, there is a city sample in the quick start guide, which you can use that as a starting point. For the AI, I've used AI Toolkit asset from the marketplace and added some logic to make each NPCs pick a random patrol path around the city. The patrol points are placed on the footpath by the theme file itself. You can join the discord channel if you have more questions and I'd be glad to help till I have a demo available

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by acatalept View Post
                  I picked up DA on sale, amazed at how much functionality is here as I'm going through the video tutorials (thanks for those, those and your documentation really sold me).

I notice the video series is over a year old: has anything significantly changed since then that someone just getting started now should be aware of?
                  [MENTION=1212]acatalept[/MENTION] Thank you for choosing DA. The user guide and quick start guide were updated with all the new changes. I need to work on recreating the video tutorials to cover the new layout builders that I've added since last year (snap builder, floorplan, city etc). However these builders are still a work in progress

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Fred_FS View Post
                    Hi,

I have a small problem and I hope you guys could help me out.

My idea: I currently generate a dungeon at design time (but it should be possible to generate the dungeon on runtime later on). I want to place a "spawn object" using an emitter and as soon as the dungeon is generated the player sould be moved to this spawn position.

What I did: I implemented an C++-EventListener and tried to use an TActorIterator in the OnPostDungeonBuild_Implementation to walk over all generated spawn positions. If I press "generate dungeon" the event method is called, but no actors can be found using the TActorIterator. I thought that the OnPostDungeonBuild_Implementation would be called after Actors are created. Is that assumption wrong?

Code:
                    UWorld* world = Dungeon->GetWorld();

TArray<AActor*> playerSpawns;
                    	TActorIterator<AActor> playerSpawnsIt(world);
                    	for (; playerSpawnsIt; ++playerSpawnsIt)
                    	{
                    		UE_LOG(TADungeonEventListenerLog, Log, TEXT("Found Actor: %s"), *(*playerSpawnsIt)->GetName()); // Only the actory that are not generated by the dungeon are found
                    		playerSpawns.Add(*playerSpawnsIt);
                    	}
                    [MENTION=21215]Fred_FS[/MENTION] This is a bug and I've fixed it. It will be available in the next release

Discord Support

Comment

Hi. I tried to tinker around with the snap builder and I saw in the documentation that you recommend to create levels and CONVERT them into blueprints?
                      How do you do this. Currently I have to build the level snaps in the blueprint editor which is really a little bit annoying :P

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
                        [MENTION=202843]lafilmcompany[/MENTION] I'll have to remove the third party assets and replace them with free version before I can release them. For making procedural cities, there is a city sample in the quick start guide, which you can use that as a starting point. For the AI, I've used AI Toolkit asset from the marketplace and added some logic to make each NPCs pick a random patrol path around the city. The patrol points are placed on the footpath by the theme file itself. You can join the discord channel if you have more questions and I'd be glad to help till I have a demo available
                        Can you maybe make a video tut on this, trying to do something similar but I'm having issues getting everything to line up proper, do all the meshes need to be the same size? Like my 4 way intersection is 2500 x 2500 and my roads are 1500 x 2500 and houses are around 900 x 2300. Do they all need to be the same size? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by HAF-Blade View Post
                          Hi. I tried to tinker around with the snap builder and I saw in the documentation that you recommend to create levels and CONVERT them into blueprints?
                          How do you do this. Currently I have to build the level snaps in the blueprint editor which is really a little bit annoying :P
                          [MENTION=23518]HAF-Blade[/MENTION] You convert them by selecting the actor and choosing them to convert to BP. However, other artists have also voice similar concerns. It's a nightmare to design anything in the blueprint editor. The snap builder is a work in progress and will undergo changes in the future updates. I'm working on providing a separate editor to block out your snap module shapes. I'll have more info later

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by NicoSlevin View Post
                            Can you maybe make a video tut on this, trying to do something similar but I'm having issues getting everything to line up proper, do all the meshes need to be the same size? Like my 4 way intersection is 2500 x 2500 and my roads are 1500 x 2500 and houses are around 900 x 2300. Do they all need to be the same size? Thanks
                            [MENTION=753241]NicoSlevin[/MENTION] Your art should be fine. In your case, the grid size would be 2500x2500 and the 4 way intersection would fit properly. The roads can have a gap of 500 on the sides (500.1500.500x2500). How is your mesh pivot aligned? It would be easier if it is in the center or you'll have to play a bit with the offset

Discord Support

Comment

Added a help system so you can launch the documentation from one place in the editor

This can be launched from the Dungeon actors details panel

It can also be launched from the Theme Editor's toolbar

Discord Support

Comment

Created a new release. I'll test it on mac and publish to Epic

Version 2.6.1
                                * Fixed static lightmap baking issues with instanced mesh dungeons
                                * Fixed a bug with PostDungeonBuild Listener Event which was getting fired before all the dungeon actors were spawned
                                * Added height variations to the custom grid builder
                                * Fixed a crash issue with the IsNearMarker function if the builder was not provided
                                * Added a new help system to launch the documentation links from within the editor. This can be invoked from the Dungeon Actor's details panel or from the theme editor's toolbar

2.6.1 for windows is available in my website

Discord Support

Comment

Working...
                                X