Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Ali,

For the selector methods, I think it'd be useful to have Is On Edge and perhaps Is In Interior. Right now it makes some fences in the interior I'd like to get rid of.
    Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

@Ali,

Found a bug, if you select a mesh node or actor node and hit Ctrl+X to cut, then Ctrl+Z to undo, it crashes the editor.

Also it would be great if we could get a way to spawn things into only rooms of a given size, as well as access the affinity value for a node inside the selector. I tried to work out a way to spawn stuff into the center of rooms of a certain size, but using a selector seems to override the affinity.

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
        Multi-Story building created using Dungeon Architect

Heres an example of how a multi-story building can be created using Dungeon Architect. Each floor is a separate dungeon and the building actor has configurable number of floors.

Theres also a Door marker which places a door and instructs dungeon architect to place a room behind the door, which would then connect this room to the rest of the floor's dungeon

This example also shows how you could use a negation volume to constraint the dungeon creation to a certain bounds (i.e. bounds of the building walls). The building glass walls is another dungeon actor with a single platform volume to draw the glass walls

The building can be resized with width/length and can be moved around, including elevation.

Next is to connect the floors together using a lift (which should be easy). I'll post it in the next update

I'm taking an off for the next 4 days
        Very nice! I'm assuming the exterior walls/windows works like the rest of the system for random generation (i.e. random windows/walls/etc)?

Comment

Any news on when this will hit the marketplace? Is there somewhere I can vote for it to be included?

Comment

Seriously can not wait for this I am super excited! I have submitted in the form and I have my wallet ready :3

Comment

Looking forward to throwing my money at this. Epic. Please approve this soon!

Comment

@n00854180t Sorry for the delay. Thanks for the heads-up. There's an undocumented marker named "RoomOpenSpace" that is spawned in the center of each room. I'll add it and other stuff if it is useful. From here you can get the size of the room (from the cell structure) and place your custom stuff here. I'll post a sample soon.
                Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

That sounds like exactly what I need, thanks man

Comment

Added the ability to Override the material on a mesh node

The following scene was generated with a theme that contains a single cube mesh with different materials overridden in the node

Discord Support

Comment

I haven't heard from Epic yet. I'll sell it directly through Sellfy soon to continue funding further development

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
                        I haven't heard from Epic yet. I'll sell it directly through Sellfy soon to continue funding further development
                        Well my wallet is ready! Bahaha, So do you have any other ideas as in plugins that you might be making or wanting to make? Just curious as your current stuff is pretty much vital to most projects so hoping to get a heads up on your next stuff :P

Comment

I'm down. I'll make sure I'm subscribed to this thread to ensure I get updates. I've slowly been putting together other elements to make the development process easier. Putting together a pipeline. It's gonna be great! Really looking forward to heavily using your system. I read the user guide doc and was wondering if the ceilings where part of the manual creation or part of the automatic creation? I assume you could create them as a offset floor deco maybe. I'd have to kind of look into it more when I get my hands on it.

Comment

I've put it up for sale. Right now 4.7 and 4.8 are supported. I'll support 4.9 very soon.

You can buy it from here:
                            http://coderespawn.com/index.php/pro...lopment-tools/

Thank you for your support

Edit: Updated purchase link to point to my website
                            Last edited by Ali Akbar; 09-07-2015, 02:35 AM.

Discord Support

Comment

Just about to buy it but I'm wondering how will we be getting updates and what will happen when you get this on Unreal Marketplace?

EDIT: Ali come on man xD "Can't perform the transaction. The seller has been notified and hopefully will resolve this soon."
                              Last edited by frostyshield; 09-01-2015, 01:54 PM. Reason: Ali man

Comment

I'm also curious how it works re: Marketplace if we buy first on Sellfy. That said it may be a while until Epic works out the plugin stuff for Marketplace, so I'll be picking it up regardless.

@Ali - is the Room marker in the versions on Sellfy already? And/or will it be in the 4.9 version? Thanks dude

Comment

Working...
                                X