No announcement yet.

Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to use selector logic to get if the adjacent cell is a specific type of cell when using the FloorPlanBuilder?

I know the GridBuilder selectors have the query node, but the same option doesn't seem appear in the selector blueprint when i create one for the FloorPlanBuilder.

Comment

if you go into editor preferences and pick "use small icons" the paint, rectangle and border mode buttons have no icon or label
      ZOMBIE TOWN AHHH (ANDROID/STEAM) | RIDE SHARE EMPIRE (ANDROID/GAME JAM) | NEVER NOT KNIGHT (ANDROID/GAME JAM) | TWITTER | MY UE4 TUTORIALS | ANSWERHUB

Comment

[MENTION=59935]A[/MENTION]li

I have made ceilings for my rooms by making another ground mesh with a vertical offset which works fine, except when it decides to place a stairway on one of the walls. At that point the stair and connecting doorway will intersect the celing mesh.
        How do I tell it to not render the ceiling mesh above a stairway please?

Thanks

Comment

Salam Ali,

Just wanted to report that the content examples only work if they are individually put in the root folder. If you create a parent folder, say "DungeonArchitect", and copy all of the examples in that folder instead, the theme paths are not found and you have to set them manually, which defeats the purpose of the content. It would be nice to have them in a parent folder to keep things better organized. I wouldnt want everything in root.

Other problems with the content:

-M_Glass_Railing_01 is missing an input texture
          -The "WoodenPier" map is empty, materials/textures are missing, and trying to create a dungeon does nothing
          -Player Start is initially too high. Needs to be brought down to human level
          -Runtime Level Builder Map: WASD does not do anything
          -The link to the sci-fi props pack on the documentation is down
          -The "floorPlan" demo is missing a player start actor, so the camera does not move by default on play.
          -Sci-fi hallway theme: Some walls have empty spaces at the bottom (vertically), while others are perfect...

Regards,
          Sajid
          Last edited by Sajid; 03-28-2017, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by erbmur View Post
            Is it possible to use selector logic to get if the adjacent cell is a specific type of cell when using the FloorPlanBuilder?

I know the GridBuilder selectors have the query node, but the same option doesn't seem appear in the selector blueprint when i create one for the FloorPlanBuilder.
            [MENTION=305583]erbmur[/MENTION] I'll add floorplan rules in 2.7.0
            Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by BPANDREW View Post
              if you go into editor preferences and pick "use small icons" the paint, rectangle and border mode buttons have no icon or label
              [MENTION=15806]BPANDREW[/MENTION] Thanks for pointing it out. I'll fix it

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by dazuk1978 View Post
                [MENTION=59935]A[/MENTION]li

I have made ceilings for my rooms by making another ground mesh with a vertical offset which works fine, except when it decides to place a stairway on one of the walls. At that point the stair and connecting doorway will intersect the celing mesh.
                How do I tell it to not render the ceiling mesh above a stairway please?

Thanks
                [MENTION=15485]dazuk1978[/MENTION] This post has details on how to do it

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Sajid View Post
                  Salam Ali,

Just wanted to report that the content examples only work if they are individually put in the root folder. If you create a parent folder, say "DungeonArchitect", and copy all of the examples in that folder instead, the theme paths are not found and you have to set them manually, which defeats the purpose of the content. It would be nice to have them in a parent folder to keep things better organized. I wouldnt want everything in root.

Other problems with the content:

-M_Glass_Railing_01 is missing an input texture
                  -The "WoodenPier" map is empty, materials/textures are missing, and trying to create a dungeon does nothing
                  -Player Start is initially too high. Needs to be brought down to human level
                  -Runtime Level Builder Map: WASD does not do anything
                  -The link to the sci-fi props pack on the documentation is down
                  -The "floorPlan" demo is missing a player start actor, so the camera does not move by default on play.
                  -Sci-fi hallway theme: Some walls have empty spaces at the bottom (vertically), while others are perfect...

Regards,
                  Sajid
                  Hey Sajid, Thank you for taking the time to report the issues. I'll fix them in the coming updates

As for the content folder structure, I prefer placing it in root as it is easier to convey the message of directly copying it to the content without any confusion of an additional step of creating a sub folder (if individual folders are to be copied).

You can always move them to a subfolder if you like, but you should let Unreal Editor do it for you (instead of directly copying it your subfolder). So place them all in the content's root folder. Then come back to UnrealEd, and move them to your subfolder from the content browser so it can create proper redirectors and not break anything

Discord Support

Comment

Thanks for the help Ali.
                    I can't find mention of this anywhere, but does the Dungeon entity randomise the seed every time I start a new game? If not, how do I make it do so?
                    When I used this when you first released it, there was a 'runtime' version of the entity and a static one. This doesn't seem to be the case now and I'm not sure how to make it a different layout every time I play.

It's come a long way since then in lots of ways, so great job mate.

P.S - did you ever get anywhere with the Cave generator and terrain generator etc?

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
                      [MENTION=305583]erbmur[/MENTION] Sure, you can do that with platform volumes.

Here's a quick video

This doesn't work with height variation, right?

The marker replace volumes can be tricky too.

Comment

I want generate dungeon on server and replicate result of this to client. I found only one way: Make Actors out of StaticMeshes and replicate them. Maybe i miss somethings?
                        Last edited by CyberKatana; 03-31-2017, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberKatana View Post
                          I want generate dungeon on server and replicate result of this to client. I found only one way: Make Actors out of StaticMeshes and replicate them. Maybe i miss somethings?
                          I've done like below:

Identify who is the player 1 (generally, the host) and player 2.
                          You make player 1 build the dungeon and then share the dungeon seed with replication or API call (in case you are using a Cloud Service like us) to another player.
                          Then, he will build the dungeon himself.

In this way, both players will play in the same dungeon.

Another way of doing this, if you can use cloud code, is to make server generate the seed for both players and send it via message to them.
                          Fantasy Turn-Based Tactical Game
                          STEAM: https://store.steampowered.com/app/9...Arcane_Legacy/
                          IG: https://www.instagram.com/arcanelegacyofficial/
                          FB: https://www.facebook.com/ArcaneLegacy/
                          WEB: http://www.arcanelegacy.com

Comment

I seem to be crashing if I try and generate my dungeons at play time in my android game - hard crash, kicks me out of the app, I will get you logs soon

also I dont seem to be able to cook my game with arm64-v8a support - I get a file not found in your components directory
                            ZOMBIE TOWN AHHH (ANDROID/STEAM) | RIDE SHARE EMPIRE (ANDROID/GAME JAM) | NEVER NOT KNIGHT (ANDROID/GAME JAM) | TWITTER | MY UE4 TUTORIALS | ANSWERHUB

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
                              2.15 (with 4.15 support) is live on the marketplace. I'll push 2.6 in a few days
                              Just wanted to check up on 2.6. I'm assuming it hasn't come out yet, but I recall once in the past when the update didn't go up on the coderespawn site and only in the marketplace so just checking.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisdom-HELLy View Post
                                Identify who is the player 1 (generally, the host) and player 2.
                                You make player 1 build the dungeon and then share the dungeon seed with replication or API call (in case you are using a Cloud Service like us) to another player.
                                Then, he will build the dungeon himself.

In this way, both players will play in the same dungeon.

Another way of doing this, if you can use cloud code, is to make server generate the seed for both players and send it via message to them.
                                Objects which must be replicated you do not spawn at client?

Comment

Working...
                                X