No announcement yet.

Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It may be one of the things you are working on for 2.5.1 but I wanted to report it any way just in case. I have an odd problem with one of my Snap Builder maps and doors. When I generate the map using a seed it generates it the way I would expect it to, with walls were intended and doors where intended. If I save that map and load back in it changes and I now have walls where it should be open and vice versa in some spots. I can send you a copy of the theme and map if it helps, though will need an address to send them to. But I did notice you mentioned some door issues already on the new snap builder, so you may already be aware of this.

You can see what is happening in the screenshot here. The top screenshot is what I see if I destroy and rebuild a dungeon using that seed (and similar results with any other seed). However once I save the map and then reload it, the doors and walls get reversed as seen in the second shot.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by J.C. Smith; 02-22-2017, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Awesome work, can't wait for 4.15, looking forward to trying city architect. Great job.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
        I've uploaded 2.5.0 (Windows) to the website.
        Does 2.5.0 include 4.15 support? THough no hurry, can wait for 2.5.1 (only have website access), latest on website is 2.5.0
        LEGENDS OF EPICA | CS - SPACE ALPHA

Comment

Now you can implement your own dungeon algorithms in blueprint and swap the existing one out. This means, you design you own level generation logic in your blueprint builder implementation by emitting markers, and the plugin takes care of the rest (by utilize the graph based theming engine to populate the world around it)

Also, so you are not limited to a grid based builder.

In this sample, I created a dungeon builder that emits Marker points evenly on a sphere

Here is how I swap out the existing dungeon builder implementation with my custom blueprint builder implementation

In this BP based builder, I emit markers named "LandPatch" and "WaterPatch" evenly across the sphere's surface (Sub-divided Icosahedron)

Create different themes to change the look. Here is a simple one using the Infinity Blade's Ice level assets

I'll be working on the organic cave based builder next

P.S.: Markers are low level, so you need to take care of emitting wall, door, stair markers yourself (if your builder supports it)
          It really is in your package?
          To me it would be very handy, I would buy your product!

Comment

Originally posted by TheMoejahi3d. View Post
            Awesome plugin does what it says. I have a small problem with the paint tool, might be doing something wrong but any help would be great. After generation a dungeon and switching to pain mode i see the Blue layoutmap of the generated dungeon but when i paint it doesnt paint on the dungeon layer but like a mile under it. The cyan grid is also like a mile under the blue grid. I got the dungeon selected etc but still..
            @TheMoejahi3d Thank you for the feedback. I'll be improving the paint tool soon. I'll have a look at this
            Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by J.C. Smith View Post
              It may be one of the things you are working on for 2.5.1 but I wanted to report it any way just in case. I have an odd problem with one of my Snap Builder maps and doors. When I generate the map using a seed it generates it the way I would expect it to, with walls were intended and doors where intended. If I save that map and load back in it changes and I now have walls where it should be open and vice versa in some spots. I can send you a copy of the theme and map if it helps, though will need an address to send them to. But I did notice you mentioned some door issues already on the new snap builder, so you may already be aware of this.

You can see what is happening in the screenshot here. The top screenshot is what I see if I destroy and rebuild a dungeon using that seed (and similar results with any other seed). However once I save the map and then reload it, the doors and walls get reversed as seen in the second shot.
              [MENTION=59677]J.C. Smith[/MENTION] Thanks for the bug report. I've fixed the bug and will be available in 2.5.1

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                Does 2.5.0 include 4.15 support? THough no hurry, can wait for 2.5.1 (only have website access), latest on website is 2.5.0
                [MENTION=31112]unit23[/MENTION] It supports 4.15. It is still not available in the marketplace. Please send a PM if anyone needs access to it from the website

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Shestoperov View Post
                  It really is in your package?
                  To me it would be very handy, I would buy your product!
                  [MENTION=222467]Shestoperov[/MENTION] It is possible to create your own builders in blueprints. However this example is not preset in the samples. There is the grid builder, which you see in the promo video and a few more experimental builders (snap, floorplan, isaac etc) which lets you create different layouts but are still a work in progress

Discord Support

Comment

DA works on Linux

Discord Support

Comment

YAY Linux!

Comment

[MENTION=59935]A[/MENTION]liAkbar Your website is currently down.

Comment

[MENTION=31112]unit23[/MENTION] Sorry for the inconvenience. It's up now

Discord Support

Comment

I didn't hear from Epic yet for the 4.15 update. I'll keep you posted

Discord Support

Comment

Thanks ! Love you

Comment

[MENTION=31112]unit23[/MENTION] Sorry for the inconvenience. It's up now
                                Seems like it's down again.

Comment

Working...
                                X