• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brunogruber View Post
    This is awesome, good job
    Thanks man !

Comment

• Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
      @DarkZ - I noticed that the "Parent Socket" drop down functionality no longer works as it does with a skeletal mesh, for attaching subcomponents to a particular bone. I use this a lot, is it something that can be easily fixed?

Thanks man

-------

For those that have the same problem, you can work around it by attaching your component to the appropriate bone or socket in the construction script, passing in the BIK component -> Get Skeletal Mesh as the parent.
      Thanks for the bug report and the workaround, appreciate it ! I will see what's going on and work on a fix as soon as I finish working on the current solver implementation which should resolve a lot of singularity issues which can occur while solving for various limbs. More soon !

Comment

• How easy is this system to implement into my project?

Comment

• Where i can get this plugin ???

Comment

• Hi, this looks like a really great plugin made with love.
            1. What are the pros and cons in comparison to Ikinema UE4 plugin ?
            2. What are the limits for indie license ?
            3. If I get it right, this is closed source plugin. UE4 is changing very fast, so what happens if I buy this plugin and DarkZ will stop developing it and adding support for newer versions ?

Comment

• Originally posted by phantom530 View Post
              How easy is this system to implement into my project?
              This should be decently easy to setup in any project. Can you describe a bit more of what you are wanting to achieve with your particular project ?

Comment

• Originally posted by demonith88 View Post
                Where i can get this plugin ???
                Currently this plugin is for purchase only. Small indie team license is USD 99.99, but please contact contact@anomotion.com for further details.
                Last edited by darkZ; 03-28-2017, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• I am making good progress with collisions for end effectors with ground/terrain and world objects.
                  You can set up different trace response channels to respond to the effectors independently.

Also, shown here is a new efficient limb solver combined with the full body solver. This should scale to quite a few characters being controlled via IK.

These along with the component version of the effector class is being readied for the next upcoming update. More soon !

Comment

• Incredible work!

Originally posted by darkZ View Post
                    You can set up different trace response channels to respond to the effectors independently.
                    Could you elaborate on this? What are some things that can be done with this (I guess I'm asking: what's the expected use case for this?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Aumaan Anubis View Post
                      Incredible work!

Could you elaborate on this? What are some things that can be done with this (I guess I'm asking: what's the expected use case for this?)
                      Thank you !

Imagine you only want the feet to collide with the ground and the hands with certain kind of objects. You can assign, let's say, a trace channel "HandCollision" to those objects as blocking. And then in the blueprint for the IK you would set the corresponding collision response for the hand effectors to "HandCollision". And similarly, you could create a different collision channel for feet effectors, let's say, "Terrain", which you could assign to all the ground objects for the feet to interact with.

One use case for this is VR controlled hands. Here, you don't want your hands to intersect world geometries even though your motion controllers want to move the hand in certain direction.
                      Another use case would be when your animation is trying to play some reaching, opening door, lifting object or pointing motion but there's something in the world blocking this kind of motion. All of this is very useful in case you have dynamic world and dynamic interactions.

Comment

• Originally posted by mzprx View Post
                        Hi, this looks like a really great plugin made with love.
                        1. What are the pros and cons in comparison to Ikinema UE4 plugin ?
                        2. What are the limits for indie license ?
                        3. If I get it right, this is closed source plugin. UE4 is changing very fast, so what happens if I buy this plugin and DarkZ will stop developing it and adding support for newer versions ?
                        Hello mzprx,

Thank you for your kind words.

1) There is a procedural stepping work which will be included with a future update. Imagine having Sims like functionality for all your player and NPCs in your game where you just direct the character to perform a task. Here's a video I have previously posted : https://youtu.be/DZU5iP5u8U8 So, this is going to be much more advanced than just IK in the future. By purchasing now you can be a part of that story by contributing your inputs and shaping the direction the plugin takes.
                        2) Indie license is limited to small teams with annual revenue of less than 80,000 USD.
                        3) If development ever ceases, which I doubt it will, but if it does, I will consider releasing source code at that point so that existing customers can continue to use the plugin with newer builds of UE4. That being said, development is not stopping anytime in the forseeable future.

Comment

• Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
                          @DarkZ - I noticed that the "Parent Socket" drop down functionality no longer works as it does with a skeletal mesh, for attaching subcomponents to a particular bone. I use this a lot, is it something that can be easily fixed?

Thanks man

-------

For those that have the same problem, you can work around it by attaching your component to the appropriate bone or socket in the construction script, passing in the BIK component -> Get Skeletal Mesh as the parent.
                          Hey n00854180t,

I am trying to investigate this issue. Would it be possible for you to record a quick video or share some screenshots to elaborate a bit more ? You can send those over to my email. Thanks for your help !

Comment

• Originally posted by darkZ View Post
                            Hey n00854180t,

I am trying to investigate this issue. Would it be possible for you to record a quick video or share some screenshots to elaborate a bit more ? You can send those over to my email. Thanks for your help !
                            Sure! I'll get some screens/video later today after work.

In the mean time, I can try to describe the issue a bit more:

If you set up BIK to use the BIK component with everything included (the one that replaces the SkeletalMesh), and you drag another component (e.g., a static mesh) to parent it to the BIK component, and then select the child component, and look at the "Parent Socket" selector, clicking it just doesn't do anything. Normally it would drop down a list of all the bones and sockets in the SkeletalMesh.

I assume what's happening is that the Parent Socket selector can't tell that the BIK component internally contains a SkeletalMesh which is what typically populates the Parent Socket drop down.
                            Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

• Hi, I am interested to test your plugin too, do you plan to add options for more advanced foot placement with IK on the ankle and the toe like ikinema? Also they have automatic balance that they are adding to the $99 version, do you plan to do this too in the future?

Comment

• Hi Troywar,

Yes advanced foot placement for the ankle is coming with an update scheduled to be released early this week. Can you described the toe IK a bit more ?

Also, automatic balancing is definitely planned for the future.

There's a push in this plugin towards more autonomous behaviors for both player and NPCs which will use the underlying IK to produce smart locomotion and task manipulation behaviors. (https://youtu.be/DZU5iP5u8U8 )

You can check current roadmap here : https://trello.com/b/BakjLgzo/roadmap

Best,
                                darkZ
                                Last edited by darkZ; 02-06-2016, 03:23 PM. Reason: Added roadmap

Comment

Working...
                                X