Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Community WIP] Fish Schooling AI and Assets Package (Open Source)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    GitHub repository isn't working....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am ready to go fishing. Looks very promising good work

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh my thank you so much! i'll try these out. Will post results later.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm moving updates to DotCam's Ocean Project. I have been updating the fish system there - this thread will no longer serve for future updates.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MonkeyCrusher View Post
    Hello there!

Just wanted to say that I'm appreciating your package so much. Thank you for providing the public which would have been, tiresome, grinding work to make.

I've been trying to get flocking working for land based animals within blueprint, sadly with no luck as of yet. Still waiting for that little light bulb in my head to go off.
    Not only that, but getting smooth land based animal movement without invalid paths/collisions... Wondering if it's even possible, C++ seems the better way to go.

Again, thank you for your contribution. For me it's a great reference and time saver.
    Thanks man,

I haven't tried doing flocking when working with creatures bound to a Z coordinate, but I have an idea how you might go about it. I would use my current code and remove any references to the Z coordinate or setting of the Z coordinate and enable gravity ( and of course have land and animal block all collisions). Then the animal would flock around on the X and Y and gravity would take care of the Z. I haven't tried this out so I don't know how effective this would be and I can already imagine this would have animals move up a mountain just as fast as they move across an open field.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello there!

Just wanted to say that I'm appreciating your package so much. Thank you for providing the public which would have been, tiresome, grinding work to make.

I've been trying to get flocking working for land based animals within blueprint, sadly with no luck as of yet. Still waiting for that little light bulb in my head to go off.
    Not only that, but getting smooth land based animal movement without invalid paths/collisions... Wondering if it's even possible, C++ seems the better way to go.

Again, thank you for your contribution. For me it's a great reference and time saver.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys,

Just got caustics available through the Ocean Demo github. Checkout the master branch for both caustics and working fish!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome stuff komodoman, and thanks Regalith for the rope physics and caustics...

Can anyone explain how I can add an animation to when the shark attacks to open his mouth? or turn left and right animations?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just got word from my friend that I can include his rope physics and caustics in this package. So a big thanks to Regalith. I'll add his stuff when I have time. Cheers!

Komodo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here's a video of my updated fish:

Hakuna Matata,
    Komodo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys,

I made part 1 of a 2 part video tutorial for implementing my fish into your own game. I also released v0.15 of the fish package above.

Cheers,
    Komodo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Been working on obstacle avoidance tonight. I made some good progress, but wasn't able to get it where I want. Once that is done I'll feel confident in posting a new video where I create a quick aquarium scene in UE4.

Hakuna Mattata,
    Komodo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Komodoman View Post
    Hey everybody,

I just added some more optimization to the fishes in addition to making the variables a lot more clear and splitting them into sections. Still working on packaging a V0.2, but if you want the latest get the code from GitHub.

Also: Would any of you be interested in seeing me add a harpoon gun with realistic rope physics? My friend has been working on realistic ropes here, and the code involved wouldn't be too hard to have fish be killed and reeled in by a harpoon gun. I, of course, would need to convince my friend first .

pce~
    Komodo

wow that would be great

Leave a comment:

• replied
    this is so awesome, thank you so much!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey everybody,

I just added some more optimization to the fishes in addition to making the variables a lot more clear and splitting them into sections. Still working on packaging a V0.2, but if you want the latest get the code from GitHub.

Also: Would any of you be interested in seeing me add a harpoon gun with realistic rope physics? My friend has been working on realistic ropes here, and the code involved wouldn't be too hard to have fish be killed and reeled in by a harpoon gun. I, of course, would need to convince my friend first .

pce~
    Komodo
    Last edited by Komodoman; 03-13-2015, 12:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X