Clear All

• replied
    bump bump bump

Leave a comment:

• replied
    so.... after 2 years, where is it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The one that's currently available has been surpassed by Epic's in about every way now. If the new version I'm experimenting with works out, it will be much more performant than Epic's at higher levels of detail, and I may also add support for things like dual heightmaps (defining both a top and bottom surface).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Exciting! And that's all I have to say folks. So would you say your POM has more/better features then the native POM if so what and why?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Exciting! And that's all I have to say folks. So would you say your POM has more/better

Leave a comment:

• replied
    An actual update! I may be bringing this project back from the dead if this bug gets fixed. Rather than adding POM capabilities (which the engine already has now), it'd be providing more advanced solutions such as higher performance options using a little preprocessing, and some other neat features like dual height maps.

It'll be free for existing customers and selling for probably cheaper than before for everyone else, so keep an ear out!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey all, rather than removing it I've made it pay what you want for people that still need POM on older Unreal Engine versions. The next time I have free time I'll see about contributing some improvements to the UE4 POM too.

I have a bunch of new visual effects in the works by the way. Please check those out too!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello all, I'm sorry for not having been around. Without getting into details, my life has basically been ruined and I'm only now starting to at least get back to work.

To answer the last bunch of issues I see:

- Displacer Best is no longer updated/supported (as is mentioned on the store page) since Epic added their own native POM solution. I leave it up for sale since some people still prefer this one.
    - If you're getting black fins on wraparound textures try turning off silhouette clipping.
    - She pronouns please.
    - Crashes could result from unreasonably large iteration counts or anything else that makes the custom node get "stuck".
    - I will be releasing new visual effects soonish so keep an eye out for those.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
    I think the demo map is coming in 4.12, but the POM node has been around since 4.8 or 4.9. Just do a search in the material editor.

Oh sily me. Thanks for tip.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by janpec View Post
    Oh where is it? Is it in starter content? I thought its planned for release only in 4.12
    I think the demo map is coming in 4.12, but the POM node has been around since 4.8 or 4.9. Just do a search in the material editor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
    Because Epic released a Parallax Occlusion Shader that is native to the engine.
    Oh where is it? Is it in starter content? I thought its planned for release only in 4.12

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by janpec View Post
    Can anyone else provide some feedback on use of this shader? It has been released and all sounds good but just makes me curius why would such thread be quiet?
    Because Epic released a Parallax Occlusion Shader that is native to the engine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can anyone else provide some feedback on use of this shader? It has been released and all sounds good but just makes me curius why would such thread be quiet?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No response still? I guess the creator has abandoned his project ... buyer beware!

I would also like to warn people who might use this custom shader, I have been experiencing frequent GPU crashes ( unresponsive, fail to recover ) when applying POM effects. The only way of solving these is to restart my entire PC :/
    Last edited by UnexpectedSquirt; 04-23-2016, 06:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok well it seems that the texture has very concise UV regions with a lot of black space in the interior. The only way I can find to fix this issue is to unhook the 'diffuse' map from the parallax, however this results in a less than satisfactory result to the point where the standard Epic BumpOffset actually looks preferable.

Would I be correct in assuming that this parallax effect will create seams with any textures that have unused UV space that is not around the edges?

Last edited by UnexpectedSquirt; 04-06-2016, 12:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X