X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Reality Smith View Post
    Is this being updated?
    I'm new to Unreal, new to game development, but I'm so keen to play with oceans.

Is there any way this is being updated still? Is it possible to create tidal waves?
    There is a project that took parts of this and a few other projects and put them all together. Its still being updated (There is a pull request for 4.19 update!)
    Look here :
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...-Water-Shader=

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is this being updated?
    I'm new to Unreal, new to game development, but I'm so keen to play with oceans.

Is there any way this is being updated still? Is it possible to create tidal waves?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Guys how can i apply an actual texture to the main material? Its all glossy black for me even with the texturesample of choice.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Errvald View Post
    The water looks like it's not going anywhere.
    Yeah...
    I realized now

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by reneberwanger View Post
    Here. WIP 01 implementation.

The water looks like it's not going anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here. WIP 01 implementation.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Gibbz View Post
    This looks great, does it work in 4.11?
    Works. Just Drop on Root of Content Folder.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This looks great, does it work in 4.11?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh, and since I copied the perlin texture into the same folder, it appears you can drop the ocean waves folder anywhere in your content folder now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I was really excited when I saw the video of this code. An amazing piece of work. In case anyone is still trying to play with this, I took JBaldwin's code and updated it to 4.7.3 here. Now to see if I can figure out how to texture this...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi JBaldwin,

I'm really interested on the way you generate such an amazing vertex displacement, are you still updating this work?
    I tried downloading your .rar files and get this missing function error, could you kindly update this project? I'm using UE4.5

Click image for larger version

Name:	mising function.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	1061475

Thanks for the amazing work!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by heffman11 View Post
    So, I'm in 4.5.
    I've created a folder in Game/Materials/(oceanwaves folder)

Then in game do i just drag in an ocean test plane?

This appears to do nothing.
    EDIT: What you read below may or may not work, I had issues getting it to work at first as well, but this might be worth a try if the other method failed:

You need to move the contents into their respective folders, first delete everything in the oceanwaves folder you just created in UE4 and then close UE4. In windows explorer, drag all materials from JBaldwins pack and drop them into your materials folder for your game, the same with meshes, drop the content into the meshes folder, and if there are any blueprints, drop them into your blueprints folder.

If you don't do it this way it will un-link the material and mesh data so it will appear to do nothing at all. Give that a try and then open up UE4, and drag and drop his mesh into your scene, it should have the material applied to it automatically(if I remember correctly).
    Last edited by DotCam; 10-26-2014, 06:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So, I'm in 4.5.
    I've created a folder in Game/Materials/(oceanwaves folder)

Then in game do i just drag in an ocean test plane?

This appears to do nothing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any updates on this? This is amazing work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Glad to hear it is working Samsterdam
    @Superxcm - Yes, UE4 vertex shading is really powerful. There is a lot you can do with it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X