• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic Koola's stuff

Koola's stuff

Hi !

I start a thread for posting all my tests, researches and stuff
    So right now, i'm playing with speedtree and real time lighting (movable sun/sky, dfao/gi).

UE4 - SpeedTree by kooooola, on Flickr

• replied
    You are the new Alex Roman for me. Truly inspiring. Please keep creating a great work like this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BoothDigital View Post

I don't follow what you're saying... His colors/lighting look correct to me, nothing looks "incorrect".
    If you are familiar with realistic tone-mapping which is filmic, a red emissive color would not reflect or look complete red after tone mapping takes place. for instance go to material editor and create a simple emissive material with (10,0,0) emissive color witch is pure red. now if you look at it, it doesn't show red, it looks orange and this is how realistic emissive color should look. if you increase the emissive intensity to even higher values, more and more it drops red to more subtle orange. In real world example you can take a look at melting metals. when metal gets red it has a low temperature while when it gets hotter it shifts toward more orange color. Now to test that, open up console and disable filmic tone mapping by setting it to 0 (by default it is on = 1). Now look at your emissive material again. it just looks pure red just like Koola example work. The same thing goes for blue ... . If I remember correctly, filmic tone mapping is set to 1 by default after 4.15 release. And I didn't say anything about lighting, just the way emissive reflections look.

Regards,
    Last edited by navid100; 01-08-2019, 06:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by navid100 View Post
    Very impressive Koola. Just one question; have you turned off filmic tone mapping? or its an LUT with extreme Red and Blue values. Because red and blue reflections from emissive background looks physically incorrect to me. Or its an artistic choice? By the way, great job like always.

Regards,
    I don't follow what you're saying... His colors/lighting look correct to me, nothing looks "incorrect".

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very impressive Koola. Just one question; have you turned off filmic tone mapping? or its an LUT with extreme Red and Blue values. Because red and blue reflections from emissive background looks physically incorrect to me. Or its an artistic choice? By the way, great job like always.

Regards,
    Last edited by navid100; 10-07-2018, 06:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello,

as a shoutout to Koola. Asserts from the snow Example was use widely in a level in my game. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by koola View Post
    Hey everyone !

Here's a new scene inspired by the Educational Centre in El Chaparral (Alejandro Muñoz Miranda).
    The fun part is that the doors and walls have no diffuse map, just a white value, all the colors come from the lighting.

UE4 - Colors by koola koola, sur Flickr

can any one tell me how they get this?? i have tried all kind of tutorials and tips but only ends up in a bad result

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Really, really good stuff. Maximum respect mann

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for sharing !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Rain.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	1453885
    Just finished the tutorial. I think koola's weekend project can be my season plan.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Beautiful work as always. It's been a while since I've checked up on this thread. Appreciate the breakdown. =)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Once Again, Thank you very much for sharing

Leave a comment:

• replied
    great as always!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome Koola!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I saw that on twitter and wondered about the ripples. Nice!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X