Koola's stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thank you so much Koola, this is really an awesome gift and valuable resource! keep up the awesome work and I look forward to supporting your game!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks a lot!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, can't thank you enough Koola! Your art is inspirational!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You are an awesome person for giving the scene to us like this. Thank you so much!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ohhh thank you. I thought it was a client. Thank you very much!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
    can you share your screenshot of tree material on your snowy scene? I really want to know about that snowy tree material
    Well, download the scene, it's made for it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    can you share your screenshot of tree material on your snowy scene? I really want to know about that snowy tree material

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Amazing Koola ! Cheers for the link !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi and thank you all !
    ---------------------------------
    Pelouseman
    ... has the other demo also have executable?
    Sadly no, I have lost my main hard drive with all my scenes

Daedalus51
    Are you using the new stationary light soft shadows as well for this?
    I also assume you are still baking with some custom lightmass.ini settings or are you going fully unmodded this time?
    Yep, I'm gonna use the new stationary light soft shadows. The quality is enough when you use it with "dirty" textures.
    With 4.11 I don't think i need to use custom lightmass.ini. The base parameters is enough.

Cru_N_cher
    Clover Demo has a lot of Noise issues most probably from the GI in Realtime (Skylight) it's not really acceptable from the result

It's not the GI because I don't use it. The noise come from the circle DoF.

ktkt11
    As you are using Dynamic Lighting, are you disabling the "Allow Static Lighting" in your Project Settings and force a reboot of Unreal to re-complie the shaders?
    Yep
    have you noticed any lighting issues if you leave this flag "on" versus leaving it "off" for your dynamic lighting scenes?
    You can't use material AO and movable skylight if you have Allow Static Lighting enable (well .. I think).

And here's some new stuffs I forgot to post here :

I did this scene mostly to play with substance designer and ue4 tessellation.
    There is no special things for the lighting, just a movable sun and skylight.

And another snow scene.
    The scene project is available to download here (for UE 4.10.2) : https://store.speedtree.com/product/...e-project-ue4/

It is not optimized at all and there are room for improvement, but maybe it can interest someone

Last edited by koola; 02-08-2016, 07:59 PM. Reason: link update (thx speedtree)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey great work! Could u maybe give a sneek peak or in detail view of the snowmaterial u used in the awesome gif a while ago, i'm rly strungeling to create something as good looking with the examples and tuts. avaible:/ also are the winter trees u used rly speedtrees? If yes are they part of a pack or done from scratch ,they look so insanly good

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by koola View Post

PeekRS : This really nice. How much time to render?

No render time. There is no light baking (or lpv or dfao or ...). It's just a movable sun and skylight.
    Hi there,

First time posting to the Unreal forums. I am a recently new UE4 user as well.
    I was inspired to post here because of your work. Really amazing and awesome! Great quality, composition, mood and atmosphere.

I have a question regarding your UE4 Project Settings for any Dynamic Lighting scene you've set up ( i.e. Clover scene, SpeedTree Day/Night cycle)
    - As you are using Dynamic Lighting, are you disabling the "Allow Static Lighting" in your Project Settings and force a reboot of Unreal to re-complie the shaders?
    - have you noticed any lighting issues if you leave this flag "on" versus leaving it "off" for your dynamic lighting scenes?

Thanks for your time and keep up the good work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Clover Demo has a lot of Noise issues most probably from the GI in Realtime (Skylight) it's not really acceptable from the result

It's really fast on GM204 but the IQ is not really where i would be personally happy with per frame for the Performance, in such a specific scene.
    So many artifacts in the DOF as well

Dont understand me wrong koola it's amazing work composition and environment ect so your stuff execution Workflow is excellent i love it

though i would certainly fear this realistic lighting when it comes to character presentation and blending of them especially emotion wise and especially human organic (sss) like.

Just trying to imagine right now how a MGS like approach (Fox Engine) would look in this lighting or Unity (Anvil Next) most probably both fall apart instantly against the lighting.

Really wonder which path you gonna go in Art Style with your characters in HK the Cat result in that light environment looked already blazing amazing especially the motion in that smal resolution clip blended in so weill
    Last edited by Cru_N_cher; 11-23-2015, 06:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Koola,

the HK Project looks freaking amazing! Wish you guys a lot of fun and good luck for this project!

Are you using the new stationary light soft shadows as well for this? What is your approach to the lightmaps, since I noticed that you have to crank up the resolution quite a lot when using these shadows^^

I also assume you are still baking with some custom lightmass.ini settings or are you going fully unmodded this time?

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by koola View Post
    I made some change and now I have some wind on the clovers .

Here's a compiled version if you wanna test : https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwr18t1hr4...Clover.7z?dl=0

thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @koola

1080p/140 fps not bad

how high tough is your compilation time investment do you see a increase already from your Demos to the Game ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X