Koola's stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Koola,

Would you like to come and talk about your technique on 'All Things 3D' either on our weekly show "3D in Review" or an interview? Interviews are 20 - 30 minutes via GHOA, time and date is flexible. "3D in Review" would be for next Friday (3/27/2015) at 10:00 a.m. PST. http://allthings3d.net

The other request is that I am working on a project that allows the OccipitalStructure Sensor to attache to a VR headset that uses the iPhone 6 or 6+. I have not seen anymore than the images, but I am assuming these can use these in a VR type environment. I am wondering if you are interested in joining us in allowing us to use your environment as a demo environment, and would you be will to help recreate a the Chauvet Cave if I provide you with the mesh and textures?

I can be reached at mebalzer@allthings3d.net

Thanks for you time and look forward to talking to you more.

Mike

Comment

Inspiring work.
      http://celestialarch.com
      Free UE4 things available. More coming

Comment

Amazing work. Both awe inspiring and frustrating for someone who is also working on snow landscapes!

How did you get the snow to look like that on the speedtrees bark and fronds? I'm also really curious about your snow landscape material!

Comment

Hi !

I just start to test substance designer and it's really cool.
          Here's my first result. I use 3 materials (and a dirt mask) blended in a vertex paint shader (one material for all the scene ... execpt the decals for the graffitis).

UE4 Substance designer / vertex paint test by kooooola, on Flickr

Comment

why do ye tempt us with such gfx?
            are you doing a tuts/marketplace/research or what so i can stop avoiding this thread already!

j/k

Comment

Oh man, not again.. Not this torture again! hahhaha

That's great, koola. You are the master of UE4 graphics for sure!

I can't wait to see what you are going to do with VXGI in your hands. Hope you take a look at that tech and present us with those awesome pieces of art!
              Guilherme Rabello Co-founder, Sureale
              Artstation | Behance | Youtube | Instagram

Comment

Damnit, koola.

Comment

Could you at least share your config folder so we see how you are lighting this? Yeesh that's pretty.

J^2

Comment

Impressive materials Koola! Inspiring as usual...

Comment

Great work Koola! Getting similar results now, took a few days but using the DFAO and LPV + DPGI I got there. Performance I see are similar to what you are seeing unfortunately which makes the full outdoor stuff very hard for use in a game - Ill keep tweaking anyway, you are a great inspiration thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Zeroy View Post
                        Great work Koola! Getting similar results now, took a few days but using the DFAO and LPV + DPGI I got there. Performance I see are similar to what you are seeing unfortunately which makes the full outdoor stuff very hard for use in a game - Ill keep tweaking anyway, you are a great inspiration thank you!
                        Can anyone make a tutorial please ? Would be awesome !!!!

Comment

It's really amazing. Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by vinz243 View Post
                            Can anyone make a tutorial please ? Would be awesome !!!!
                            I think its not that hard as koola said. I don't see any kind of rocket science here. He's doing very awesome composition and lighting. That is the secret about this magical things. He told us some really cool technique about lighting now all you need to learn is composition and lighting with PBR shading. When you get the basic idea of how this lighting and composition thing works, you'll start understanding how is he doing all these crazy stuff. If you see closely he's using same stuff like everyone else. He knows the "Artistic" way to create awesomeness.
                            by the way. I really loved your last one!
                            ------------EDIT--------------------------
                            just in case if anyone interests.
                            Last edited by Gandosh; 04-12-2015, 01:00 PM.
                            Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
                              I think its not that hard as koola said. I don't see any kind of rocket science here. He's doing very awesome composition and lighting. That is the secret about this magical things. He told us some really cool technique about lighting now all you need to learn is composition and lighting with PBR shading. When you get the basic idea of how this lighting and composition thing works, you'll start understanding how is he doing all these crazy stuff. If you see closely he's using same stuff like everyone else. He knows the "Artistic" way to create awesomeness.
                              by the way. I really loved your last one!
                              ------------EDIT--------------------------
                              just in case if anyone interests.
                              Hahaha...Thank you so much! I have been trying to say that as well xD And nice vid, thanks for sharing

Cheers!
                              Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
                              https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

Comment

Oh....and I forgot something^^ I really dont have to say how ******* amazing this looks since I already appreciated your stuff from the first time BUT....I actually have some small feedback/critisism for you.

While I love the distribution of the vertex paint (besides the first window on the right, inside the framing) I dislike the blending effect of the vertex paint a lot^^ Its like....you look at it and say wow...thats ******* amazing! Then you look again and youre like what? That doesnt make sense I see how you made the corners where the walls hit the ground a little bit chamfered (I guess^^) so you get a slight spec on it instead of the cut you would normally get. You also modeled stuff a bit uneven with amazing attention to detail so it looks natural. But then...I get confused of the materials in the vertex paint. I dont know if the plaster is below the tiles, or if it is above them. I think it should be below them...which is kinda of what feels right for this scene. But then again, the tiles dont fit with that, since the mask you used is not the one from the tiles, but instead some noise mask I guess. So this works against the tiles and makes it look like the plaster was above it which then fights against the suggestion of the scene: its below it (and it also feels more logical to have tiles ontop of plaster^^) So yeah...I know this might sound a bit ...nitpicky I guess^^....but I think considering this will improve the scene quite a bit

So yeah...still insanely awesome work as always!

Cheers
                                Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
                                https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

Comment

Working...
                                X