Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Mootjuh View Post
    It's s shame the snow trees do not make use of LoDs. It could increase performance significantly.
    why a shame ???? koola is an Environement & Lighting Artist . and as an hobby He decided to make beautiful scene . His main goal is to make things look gorgeous ( when he made those scene , Probably the main reason why he use UE4 is because it as one of the best / versatile / and complex real-time rendering engine with all the flow graph and shaders... I think that for him the most important is that it look good and run in real-time .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's s shame the snow trees do not make use of LoDs. It could increase performance significantly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Joviex View Post
    Fair enough, but then, in the spirit, and as an omage to the authors selfless gift, providing the source/changed scenes seems like an equally fair trade off.
    thank you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TYGABYTE View Post
    How did you get lighting to build? I've set lights to static but only navigation builds when I click it.

EDIT: You have to enable static lighting in the project settings tab!
    go to your Project setting in rendering category ( You'll see the option that you need to enable )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @TheJamsh
    Wow that's super cool! Battlezone one of my favorite games, always wanted to see it on next-gen!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ^ And add a lightmass important volume, or you won't get any bounce lighting.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by heartlessphil View Post
    1st thing I did with Koola's scene was to convert it to 100% static and baked!!! Got almost identical results running at twice the fps!!! :-)
    How did you get lighting to build? I've set lights to static but only navigation builds when I click it.

EDIT: You have to enable static lighting in the project settings tab!
    Last edited by TYGABYTE; 02-10-2016, 08:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1st thing I did with Koola's scene was to convert it to 100% static and baked!!! Got almost identical results running at twice the fps!!! :-)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Koola,

I don't plan on using your content for reals, but I thought I'd mess around with it in my hobby project! I kind of butchered the scene, I put minimal effort into migrating the assets and the original scene is super-tiny so I had to kind of scale it up and mutilate it a bit... but you've inspired my goals for environments!

PS: I'm amazed by how simplistic the scene really is! Just gorgeous textures and great composition!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by OldAccount29 View Post
    ^ I like to see variations personally. If that's competition it seems to be quite friendly.
    Fair enough, but then, in the spirit, and as an omage to the authors selfless gift, providing the source/changed scenes seems like an equally fair trade off.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sunchaser View Post
    I've been spending days and days trying to get something that looks close to this.
    I have absolutely no idea how you did this, even after reading all your posts , all your settings, dissecting all the scenes you so kindly shared with the community.

How are you able to get such nice dark shadows under the airconditioning machines without a strong (sun)light precence in the scene , for example.
    How on earth do you get everything so sharp ?

Is there a postprocessing volume doing some contrasting work , or is this plain vanilla UE4?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm just in awe.
    you are right I also would like to know those things

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by koola View Post
    Hey guyz !
    I'm really happy to announce that I'm working on a game project with my friend Viv !
    Here's our first image

I've been spending days and days trying to get something that looks close to this.
    I have absolutely no idea how you did this, even after reading all your posts , all your settings, dissecting all the scenes you so kindly shared with the community.

How are you able to get such nice dark shadows under the airconditioning machines without a strong (sun)light precence in the scene , for example.
    How on earth do you get everything so sharp ?

Is there a postprocessing volume doing some contrasting work , or is this plain vanilla UE4?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm just in awe.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TYGABYTE
    @3dfxpro I honestly much prefer the original! I think we should stick with learning from this project and not try and compete with the original
    my goal wasn't to compete

like I said at the beginning of my post . ( I had some free time )
    so decide to make a snow texture . then I wanted to put it somewere so I took the map from koola and putted my texture on it. then I start tweaking the thing
    I was happy with the result, and at the end it looked good for me so I wanted to share it with koola to show him how his map served me as a Base for my texture .
    and just to tell you something ...
    ( one of my friend ( Lead Lighting artist at Ubisoft FR . and the other ( Lead Artist at Cloud Imperium ) told me that my work is very comparable to what koola did ( in term of graphic quality ) ( but still my goal is not to compare ( I am just 17 years old IM NOT A PRO ) just to say thank to koola in my own way )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ^ I like to see variations personally. If that's competition it seems to be quite friendly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I had some free time . I took the SNOW MAP ( available for download ) then I came with this .

*( I made a little Snow Texture in Substance Designer )
    *( I Relight using Only real-time lighting )
    *( I Replaced the ground texture with mine )
    *( I Added some emissive power on the snow of the original tree textures )

My version

My texture ( Previewed in Marmoset )

Original version ( from Koola )

I hope you like it
    Last edited by 3dfxpro; 02-09-2016, 05:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X