Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by legendoflegacy View Post
    Is that^ an in engine???!!!!???!!!
    Hmmm... This must be your first time viewing Koola's awesome work... Check out this as well - and the answer is yes

@Koola - That gif really reminds me of a town I grew up in. We had a house just outside of town on the edge of the forest, with lots of birch, pine, cedar & fir trees. It's really striking how similar that shot looks to what I remember, really well done!
    Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Originally posted by koola View Post
      Thanks

A small snowy gif

Astounding -- it's artists like you who will really blow people's minds with the realtime capabilities of UE4 over the next few years...

Would you consider putting up a pack of these on the marketplace? Not even licensed for reuse, but just to see the inner workings of a master at work Your "Lightroom" was very illuminating...

SINGMETOSLEEP / PARASOMNIA / DARKDRIFT / ETERNAL APEX / PRETTY ABRASIVE MUSIC / TWITTER @ACATALEPT

Comment

That falling snow...****!

Comment

Originally posted by DotCam View Post
          Hmmm... This must be your first time viewing Koola's awesome work... Check out this as well - and the answer is yes
          Actually i have seen them but with this I couldnt believe my eyes

I was literally LIKE o_O...........then...........O_O :P

Comment

Originally posted by acatalept View Post
            Astounding -- it's artists like you who will really blow people's minds with the realtime capabilities of UE4 over the next few years...

Would you consider putting up a pack of these on the marketplace? Not even licensed for reuse, but just to see the inner workings of a master at work Your "Lightroom" was very illuminating...
            Yeah, his work is astounding and I look forward to see this snowy scene in particular on the marketplace. By just browsing the page I thought it was a gif of a real life scene, just wow !

Comment

I think I'm gonna faint.....STUNNING Koola!! Thank you for sharing your incredible work!

Comment

make a whole video 60fp so we can all be happy! :d awesome work man
                Game Artist

Comment

A short vidéo of the snow :

Comment

That is beautiful! Amazing work Koola.

Snow flakes seem a bit strange with what seems like trails or maybe that is motion blur? I'm not sure exactly, but something about the snow flake particles is a little off.

Comment

Awesome video koola! It looks so real, and so familiar... Love it

My only critique would be the snowflakes look too much like a perfect star shaped snowflake, the ones that fall as perfectly shaped are usually tiny. Most snow flakes around here are a bunch of smaller flakes stuck together. The size is just right, but it should appear more as a fuzzy ball instead of having the star shaped individual flakes. For the most part it isn't noticeable as it's falling, so it still looks great!
                      Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Originally posted by koola View Post
                        mlindborg : This is with LPV?
                        Nope, DFAO and DFGI (via the command : r.DistanceFieldGI 1) with movable sun/sky.

heartlessphil : Also, in 4.6 they added : Precomputed lighting and shadows are now supported on foliage objects and instanced meshes! ...
                        Nope, no precomputed lights.

TimeSpirit : What kind of polycount are we looking at for those trees?
                        Around 17000 tri for lod0, 6000 for lod1, 2000 for lod2 and lod3 is a billboard.

DFGI? Where can I find some more info about that? There's no mention of this feature anywhere in the documentation... Also, the command is not there for me in 4.6, is this something that comes with 4.7?
                        Quarry Cliffs | Modular Cliffs | Modular Desert Ruins | Realistic Rocks

Comment

Originally posted by RaaYaar View Post
                          DFGI? Where can I find some more info about that? There's no mention of this feature anywhere in the documentation... Also, the command is not there for me in 4.6, is this something that comes with 4.7?
                          It's an experimental feature, only available in the master branch. You can read about it here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...rnatives/page6

Comment

Ok, thanks! Interesting reading... It doesn't seem like something suitable to use with the VR project, though At least not yet...
                            Quarry Cliffs | Modular Cliffs | Modular Desert Ruins | Realistic Rocks

Comment

It's definitely performance heavy, and I doubt Epic is going to focus on making it VR friendly until it's integrated into a release version. But I really like DFGI so far, distance field AO and shadows already work pretty well, and the GI doesn't have any leaking issues like LPV. I'm going to try building a scene with it, and doing some comparisions against LPV and lightmass.

Comment

UE4 - SpeedTree by kooooola, on Flickr

UE4 - SpeedTree by kooooola, on Flickr

And a big thank to Danny Oakes (from SpeedTree)
                                ____________________________________________________________
                                https://twitter.com/Koola_UE4

Comment

Working...
                                X