Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by RaaYaar View Post
    DFGI? Where can I find some more info about that? There's no mention of this feature anywhere in the documentation... Also, the command is not there for me in 4.6, is this something that comes with 4.7?
    It's an experimental feature, only available in the master branch. You can read about it here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...rnatives/page6

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by koola View Post
    mlindborg : This is with LPV?
    Nope, DFAO and DFGI (via the command : r.DistanceFieldGI 1) with movable sun/sky.

heartlessphil : Also, in 4.6 they added : Precomputed lighting and shadows are now supported on foliage objects and instanced meshes! ...
    Nope, no precomputed lights.

TimeSpirit : What kind of polycount are we looking at for those trees?
    Around 17000 tri for lod0, 6000 for lod1, 2000 for lod2 and lod3 is a billboard.

DFGI? Where can I find some more info about that? There's no mention of this feature anywhere in the documentation... Also, the command is not there for me in 4.6, is this something that comes with 4.7?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome video koola! It looks so real, and so familiar... Love it

My only critique would be the snowflakes look too much like a perfect star shaped snowflake, the ones that fall as perfectly shaped are usually tiny. Most snow flakes around here are a bunch of smaller flakes stuck together. The size is just right, but it should appear more as a fuzzy ball instead of having the star shaped individual flakes. For the most part it isn't noticeable as it's falling, so it still looks great!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That is beautiful! Amazing work Koola.

Snow flakes seem a bit strange with what seems like trails or maybe that is motion blur? I'm not sure exactly, but something about the snow flake particles is a little off.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A short vidéo of the snow :

Leave a comment:

• replied
    make a whole video 60fp so we can all be happy! :d awesome work man

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think I'm gonna faint.....STUNNING Koola!! Thank you for sharing your incredible work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by acatalept View Post
    Astounding -- it's artists like you who will really blow people's minds with the realtime capabilities of UE4 over the next few years...

Would you consider putting up a pack of these on the marketplace? Not even licensed for reuse, but just to see the inner workings of a master at work Your "Lightroom" was very illuminating...
    Yeah, his work is astounding and I look forward to see this snowy scene in particular on the marketplace. By just browsing the page I thought it was a gif of a real life scene, just wow !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DotCam View Post
    Hmmm... This must be your first time viewing Koola's awesome work... Check out this as well - and the answer is yes
    Actually i have seen them but with this I couldnt believe my eyes

I was literally LIKE o_O...........then...........O_O :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That falling snow...****!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by koola View Post
    Thanks

A small snowy gif

Astounding -- it's artists like you who will really blow people's minds with the realtime capabilities of UE4 over the next few years...

Would you consider putting up a pack of these on the marketplace? Not even licensed for reuse, but just to see the inner workings of a master at work Your "Lightroom" was very illuminating...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by legendoflegacy View Post
    Is that^ an in engine???!!!!???!!!
    Hmmm... This must be your first time viewing Koola's awesome work... Check out this as well - and the answer is yes

@Koola - That gif really reminds me of a town I grew up in. We had a house just outside of town on the edge of the forest, with lots of birch, pine, cedar & fir trees. It's really striking how similar that shot looks to what I remember, really well done!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Pretty amazing, the snow gif is extra awesome!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is that^ an in engine???!!!!???!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks

A small snowy gif

Leave a comment:

Working...
X