Koola's stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to apply Koola's winter technics to large scale world:
    Last edited by nkey; 03-05-2016, 04:51 PM.
    Pull Request - UE-13079: World Origin Shifting for Multiplayer. Make Arma Not War - TFAR.

Comment

I think it worked, that looks impressive. I like the snow effect.
      Rule#117: "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

Comment

Originally posted by Mathew Reynolds View Post
        Finally I have reached the end of this very impressive thread of work after about 3 days of soaking up as much as I can and applying it to my project.

It has already been said a thousand times by others, but thanks so much for your contributions and the information you have shared. I have learnt so much in the process.

Time to go check out the Archviz thread now!

Wow this has updated alot since last time i was on here, time for me to get reading again too!!
        | QuinnVR | Portfolio | Twitter |

Comment

I got some understanding about speedtree rendering using DFAO, thanks, Koola (quick example - https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...nshot00003.png)
          But DFAO so slow at the moment, so, not sure it is usable in any real game enviroment...
          Pull Request - UE-13079: World Origin Shifting for Multiplayer. Make Arma Not War - TFAR.

Comment

Favorite render so far. its the grass stuff.
            wonder how it performs realtime. looks expensive... but pretty

Originally posted by koola View Post

http://celestialarch.com
            Free UE4 things available. More coming

Comment

cool demos , when to expect new demos ?

Hi and thank you all !
              cool demos , when to expect the new demos ? ))
              Last edited by vadim.it; 05-15-2016, 07:09 PM.

Comment

What size is download project?

Comment

Hi Koola.
                  One question please: do you usually bake your shadows ? Did you find a way to have proper soft dynamic shadows ?
                  After some experimentation, it seems that foreground shadows are really dark and at the opposite, really light for the background ???
                  Annoying for compositing !!!
                  And it's also quite blurry...

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

Amazing work Kooola, the scenes seems to be filled with life ,So realistic Congrats on all your work it's really beautiful.

Best Regards,

Daniel
                    Last edited by Daniel100; 12-06-2016, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Can you make the Forest scene available for download please

Comment

EDIT: No worries. Keep up the great work.
                        Last edited by melvixo; 03-16-2017, 08:03 PM.

Comment

any chance to get hands on those birches or better the forest scene?

Comment

It is all so beautiful can you marry me?

Comment

Hey everyone !

Here's a new scene inspired by the Educational Centre in El Chaparral (Alejandro Muñoz Miranda).
                              The fun part is that the doors and walls have no diffuse map, just a white value, all the colors come from the lighting.

https://youtu.be/yZ5iCwsIY78

UE4 - Colors by koola koola, sur Flickr
                              This looks beautiful, i wonder what type of lights were used to create the colours in this scene, are they area lights? regular spotlights? would love to know if anyone has an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiyan View Post
                                This looks beautiful, i wonder what type of lights were used to create the colours in this scene, are they area lights? regular spotlights? would love to know if anyone has an idea.
                                I think he maybe used colored lights reflecting of bounce cards, not too sure as im very new to unreal so maybe somebody else can help!

Comment

Working...
                                X