No announcement yet.

Koola's stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really admire everything you've done, Koola. Your works have been a massive inspiration as well as motivation for learning UE4.

Could you possibly comment on how did you implement wind inside Speedtree projects? I seem to get no wind with Speedtree content using WindDirectionalSource during Matinee Movie.

Thanks

Comment

Merci pour le projet de neige c'est cool de donné ca gratuitement tu gere mec.

Comment

WHAT! How do you even do this! ITS BEEAAAUTIIFFUL!

At first I thought you simply posted some pictures of some pretty trees, BUT YOU CREATED THESE PRETTY TREES!

Great stuff man, I am really impressed! c:

Comment

Can I have a question, how much RAM do I need to run this project? I have 32GB of RAM but look like it's not enough, run out of RAM all the time .

Comment

Hi and thank you all !

Sunchaser :
            How are you able to get such nice dark shadows under the airconditioning machines without a strong (sun)light precence in the scene , for example.
            How on earth do you get everything so sharp ?

You need to lower the "Static Lighting Level Scale" value under Lightmass settings (I think I use 0.35 for this image).

EvertL :
            Could you possibly comment on how did you implement wind inside Speedtree projects? I seem to get no wind with Speedtree content using WindDirectionalSource during Matinee Movie.

You need to wait like 20s before the wind is fully active.

golemsmk :
            Can I have a question, how much RAM do I need to run this project? I have 32GB of RAM but look like it's not enough, run out of RAM all the time .

Weird, I have only 24Go ...

And here's my latest scene :

UE4 - Field by koola koola, sur Flickr

Comment

Such beauty... O.O ...much WOW!

Comment

Beautiful job as always Koola, thanks for continuing to inspire!

Comment

Inspiring work Koola! Thank you for sharing some of your techniques (and scenes) in here ^_^

Comment

Really diggin the lighting in your new grain harvestor scene. Looks like a storm just passed and the setting sun is blasting its light one last time before nightfall. Good tones!
                    GTX 980 Ti · Intel i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz

Comment

Big fan of your work since the beginning of Unreal 4, seeing the way you enhance this engine, it's like we're not even using the same software!

Comment

Very inspiring works, thanks a lot for sharing, Koola!

Comment

Where is the download link?

Comment

Hi Koola. Thanks again for sharing ur work like that and tips in a very humble way!

Someone asked once about your AA settings- quote "the AA in your images ? Temporal AA makes dark areas really grainy, FFXA make everything dynamically crispy and ugly."
                            How to make super sharp images kike you do ? ....Thanks!

Comment

Great work as always, Koola .

"Weird, I have only 24Go ..."
                              Thank you for replying me. My engine has trouble, it loaded the project again and again, so it ran out of RAM :P. Just reinstall it and everything are fine.

I have some question, if you don't mind.

How large do you often choose for your landscape? I often choose 100x100x100 but it's too laggy.

Do you use foliage tool, or engine's open world tool?

The grass shadow is very beautiful, even with the long distance. Mine is often disappear as soon as I move the camera far away, sometime with large sccene they even don't have shadow. Could you please tell me how do you often do to get that good shadow? (distance field resolution, or something maybe?)

Last one, how many polygons do your trees and grass often have? I read your post before, you said that you got 17k on your tree, but that is connifer tree, what about your broadleaves trees you used in your Field scene?

Anyway, thank you for showing us something wonderful .

Comment

Finally I have reached the end of this very impressive thread of work after about 3 days of soaking up as much as I can and applying it to my project.

It has already been said a thousand times by others, but thanks so much for your contributions and the information you have shared. I have learnt so much in the process.

Time to go check out the Archviz thread now!

Comment

Working...
                                X