Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koola View Post
    Hey guyz !
    I'm really happy to announce that I'm working on a game project with my friend Viv !
    Here's our first image

I've been spending days and days trying to get something that looks close to this.
    I have absolutely no idea how you did this, even after reading all your posts , all your settings, dissecting all the scenes you so kindly shared with the community.

How are you able to get such nice dark shadows under the airconditioning machines without a strong (sun)light precence in the scene , for example.
    How on earth do you get everything so sharp ?

Is there a postprocessing volume doing some contrasting work , or is this plain vanilla UE4?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm just in awe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunchaser View Post
      I've been spending days and days trying to get something that looks close to this.
      I have absolutely no idea how you did this, even after reading all your posts , all your settings, dissecting all the scenes you so kindly shared with the community.

How are you able to get such nice dark shadows under the airconditioning machines without a strong (sun)light precence in the scene , for example.
      How on earth do you get everything so sharp ?

Is there a postprocessing volume doing some contrasting work , or is this plain vanilla UE4?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm just in awe.
      you are right I also would like to know those things

Comment

Originally posted by OldAccount29 View Post
        ^ I like to see variations personally. If that's competition it seems to be quite friendly.
        Fair enough, but then, in the spirit, and as an omage to the authors selfless gift, providing the source/changed scenes seems like an equally fair trade off.

Comment

Hey Koola,

I don't plan on using your content for reals, but I thought I'd mess around with it in my hobby project! I kind of butchered the scene, I put minimal effort into migrating the assets and the original scene is super-tiny so I had to kind of scale it up and mutilate it a bit... but you've inspired my goals for environments!

PS: I'm amazed by how simplistic the scene really is! Just gorgeous textures and great composition!

Comment

1st thing I did with Koola's scene was to convert it to 100% static and baked!!! Got almost identical results running at twice the fps!!! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by heartlessphil View Post
              1st thing I did with Koola's scene was to convert it to 100% static and baked!!! Got almost identical results running at twice the fps!!! :-)
              How did you get lighting to build? I've set lights to static but only navigation builds when I click it.

EDIT: You have to enable static lighting in the project settings tab!
              Last edited by TYGABYTE; 02-10-2016, 08:21 AM.

Comment

^ And add a lightmass important volume, or you won't get any bounce lighting.

Comment

@TheJamsh
                  Wow that's super cool! Battlezone one of my favorite games, always wanted to see it on next-gen!

Comment

Originally posted by TYGABYTE View Post
                    How did you get lighting to build? I've set lights to static but only navigation builds when I click it.

EDIT: You have to enable static lighting in the project settings tab!
                    go to your Project setting in rendering category ( You'll see the option that you need to enable )

Comment

Originally posted by Joviex View Post
                      Fair enough, but then, in the spirit, and as an omage to the authors selfless gift, providing the source/changed scenes seems like an equally fair trade off.
                      thank you

Comment

It's s shame the snow trees do not make use of LoDs. It could increase performance significantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mootjuh View Post
                          It's s shame the snow trees do not make use of LoDs. It could increase performance significantly.
                          why a shame ???? koola is an Environement & Lighting Artist . and as an hobby He decided to make beautiful scene . His main goal is to make things look gorgeous ( when he made those scene , Probably the main reason why he use UE4 is because it as one of the best / versatile / and complex real-time rendering engine with all the flow graph and shaders... I think that for him the most important is that it look good and run in real-time .

Comment

Still a shame, if there were LoDs those trees would be game ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Mootjuh View Post
                              Still a shame, if there were LoDs those trees would be game ready.
                              .... ok you are weird... they doesn't need to be

Comment

Just want to show how Koola's PostFX looks good for metal objects close to the camera. Gun feels cold.
                                Pull Request - UE-13079: World Origin Shifting for Multiplayer. Make Arma Not War - TFAR.

Comment

Working...
                                X