Koola's stuff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koola View Post

PeekRS : This really nice. How much time to render?

No render time. There is no light baking (or lpv or dfao or ...). It's just a movable sun and skylight.
    Hi there,

First time posting to the Unreal forums. I am a recently new UE4 user as well.
    I was inspired to post here because of your work. Really amazing and awesome! Great quality, composition, mood and atmosphere.

I have a question regarding your UE4 Project Settings for any Dynamic Lighting scene you've set up ( i.e. Clover scene, SpeedTree Day/Night cycle)
    - As you are using Dynamic Lighting, are you disabling the "Allow Static Lighting" in your Project Settings and force a reboot of Unreal to re-complie the shaders?
    - have you noticed any lighting issues if you leave this flag "on" versus leaving it "off" for your dynamic lighting scenes?

Thanks for your time and keep up the good work!

Comment

Hey great work! Could u maybe give a sneek peak or in detail view of the snowmaterial u used in the awesome gif a while ago, i'm rly strungeling to create something as good looking with the examples and tuts. avaible:/ also are the winter trees u used rly speedtrees? If yes are they part of a pack or done from scratch ,they look so insanly good

Comment

Hi and thank you all !
        ---------------------------------
        Pelouseman
        ... has the other demo also have executable?
        Sadly no, I have lost my main hard drive with all my scenes

Daedalus51
        Are you using the new stationary light soft shadows as well for this?
        I also assume you are still baking with some custom lightmass.ini settings or are you going fully unmodded this time?
        Yep, I'm gonna use the new stationary light soft shadows. The quality is enough when you use it with "dirty" textures.
        With 4.11 I don't think i need to use custom lightmass.ini. The base parameters is enough.

Cru_N_cher
        Clover Demo has a lot of Noise issues most probably from the GI in Realtime (Skylight) it's not really acceptable from the result

It's not the GI because I don't use it. The noise come from the circle DoF.

ktkt11
        As you are using Dynamic Lighting, are you disabling the "Allow Static Lighting" in your Project Settings and force a reboot of Unreal to re-complie the shaders?
        Yep
        have you noticed any lighting issues if you leave this flag "on" versus leaving it "off" for your dynamic lighting scenes?
        You can't use material AO and movable skylight if you have Allow Static Lighting enable (well .. I think).

And here's some new stuffs I forgot to post here :

I did this scene mostly to play with substance designer and ue4 tessellation.
        There is no special things for the lighting, just a movable sun and skylight.

And another snow scene.
        The scene project is available to download here (for UE 4.10.2) : https://store.speedtree.com/product/...e-project-ue4/

It is not optimized at all and there are room for improvement, but maybe it can interest someone

Last edited by koola; 02-08-2016, 07:59 PM. Reason: link update (thx speedtree)

Comment

Amazing Koola ! Cheers for the link !
          VR/AR Development [Portfolio | YouTube | LinkedIn]

Comment

can you share your screenshot of tree material on your snowy scene? I really want to know about that snowy tree material
            Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
              can you share your screenshot of tree material on your snowy scene? I really want to know about that snowy tree material
              Well, download the scene, it's made for it

Comment

ohhh thank you. I thought it was a client. Thank you very much!
                Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

You are an awesome person for giving the scene to us like this. Thank you so much!

Comment

Yeah, can't thank you enough Koola! Your art is inspirational!

Comment

thanks a lot!

Comment

Thank you so much Koola, this is really an awesome gift and valuable resource! keep up the awesome work and I look forward to supporting your game!

Comment

Any chance you gonna upload the Forest scene ?

Comment

Thanks for sharing the scene Koola! We appreciate your kindness with the community.
                            Alex Leiva

Architect/Visualiser, National VR lead
                            C o x Architecture

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-leiva-88187840/

COLORAMA - Cinematic color grading // The Vineyard Challenge Solo – Runner Up

Comment

I worked very hard recently to make a decent looking forest like yours and pretty much failed so far....annnnd now you drop it for us :-) thanks sir.

Imo this should go in the launcher's tech demos.
                              Last edited by heartlessphil; 02-08-2016, 01:28 AM.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X