UE4 - Substance designer by koola koola, sur Flickr

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hi love your work
    how can i contact you, i have a project and would love to hire you
    please mail me at info(at)metricastudio.com.mx

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wicked awesome! youre work motivated me to study unreal engine, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You shameless art god! When I still try to reach your fist work, you pop-up with new one.... The shadows look alive! And the lightning is spot on! Keep them coming =)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maximum-Dev : Demands the latest BaseLightmass.ini settings
    I don't use specific BaseLightmass.ini no more, I only increases the indirect Lighting Quality until I get rids of most of the artifacts.

spacehawk : ...do you use tessellation and displacement for any of your indoor scenes ?
    Nope.

ZacD : ... but the DFAO/GI artifacts are very apparent, Epic still has a lot of work to do to make it usable for scenes like this.
    Yep, and the performance are not really great ... but it's so cool to not wait for the light baking^^ (especially for scenes with lots of trees).

Last edited by koola; 06-21-2015, 08:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very pretty, but the DFAO/GI artifacts are very apparent, Epic still has a lot of work to do to make it usable for scenes like this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yup !

A very quick scene for testing the 4.8 dfao/dfgi.

https://youtu.be/slc--V2pi5c

UE4 - Speedtree by koola koola, sur Flickr

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Koola could sell tutorials/courses (a bit like Grant Warwick). People are hyped lol it WOULD sell well I'm 100% sure! Keep up the good work man. I like to see you stuff!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, man! is there some way to contact you in PM or by email? I would love to do an interview with you for 80.lv. Please reply if you have some time!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    HI koola. all your works are really inspiring. I am sure you heard it many times. most of your work and composition remind me of Alex roman's work. I was waiting for the day this could be done in almost realtime :-).. I have started my quest to learn unreal and all your updates keep me inspired. I wont pester you to make a tutorial because i know its kind of boring to make one lol. But would watch it for sure. if you made it .. But thanks for all the work and inspiration! And all the answers in the forums..

I got a question....do you use tessellation and displacement for any of your indoor scenes ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hum yeah, for an interior/exterior scene you need dynamic exposure^^ (I used 2 postprocess volume with different exposure bias for the gif, but it looks bad. With some tweak to the dynamic exposure, I have a smoother transition between interior and exterior).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by koola View Post
    Do you first setup the lighting and then do the materials or the other way around? What is your pipeline?

The first thing I do is to disable the auto exposure (in the postprocess volume I set min and max brightness to 1 and the bias to 0).
    Then I apply some very simples material (with just a color and roughness value) that roughly corespond to what I wanna do, and then I do the lighting.
    But It's just a base, after that I do a lot of tweaks/tests with the materials and lighting.

And a little something I'm working on : try to have a good lighting quality in exterior and interior at the same time (and without direct lights).

Soooo...just out of curiosity...how did you achieve that gif without dynamic exposure?^^ The indoor room looks almost black when you see it from the outside, so to make it look bright when you are in it you have to adjust the exposure. At least thats my experience^^

But anyways... great as always man!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by koola View Post
    And a little something I'm working on : try to have a good lighting quality in exterior and interior at the same time (and without direct lights).
    That absolutely photographic indirect lighting quality so makes me want to ditch realtime GI and go back to static lighting... Epic needs to do more than give you a grant: they need to put you on staff to make these results the standard out of the box for us mere mortals

Looking forward to all you do!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X