Koola's stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    There is not optimal solution for you, with movable objects and day night cycle you need dynamic lighting but at the moment there is no real good dynamic GI in UE4, you could try nvidias VXGI, will probably give best results for you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What would be the absolute best light model to use for a project where the camera is going to be in large exterior environment and also interior building environments? I want good interior rendering too. Will have movable objects and day/ night cycle. This is for archviz.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ProXit View Post
    Awesome Work koola! Can we get a closer look at the graphs and how you created normal map for the ground ? i cant find anything with such high quality results.
    Thank you.
    He is using tessellation aswell with height map, thats where most bumpines come from.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome Work koola! Can we get a closer look at the graphs and how you created normal map for the ground ? i cant find anything with such high quality results.
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sincerely achieving such realistic results on a realtime engine is absolutely extraterrestrial !
    You said that to get ride of all artifacts on DFGI you increase the global lighting quality... How do you do that ?
    Last edited by MohandUdk; 07-11-2015, 02:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TNTantoine View Post
    Awesome as usual, now I really want a tutorial with your workflow !

Je ne m'en lasse pas, bravo
    I wish that too

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome as usual, now I really want a tutorial with your workflow !

Je ne m'en lasse pas, bravo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Amazing work here!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Amazing! Really looking forward to see the next scene.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Koola - do you do any contract work? I know a few companies that are very interested in this type of work. PM or email me if interested.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    POM is usually by far cheaper than tessellation, give it a try... Would be interesting to know how much FPS you can save on your scene.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by koola View Post
    Hey guyz !

DimikYoo

But there's a question: why do you do all this stuff? Planning to create a game/demo or..?

Why I'm doing this ? The main reason is ... because I love doing this .
    I do these scenes as a hobby and to learn the use of different techiques/softwares. You can see this as "artworks with a real time engine".

This is very very different than a complete archviz project or a real game environement, they both have a lots of constraints that I absolutly not take into account. The only one that I set to myself is that the scene must run at 1080p30 on my rig most of the time.

I keep my scenes really simple, like that I can focus on what I really like to do (the "rendering" part).

DErss

Does Unreal Engine 4.8 has ability to compile a scene into an exe so it could be downloadable to play around it?

Of course you can do this.
    So why I don't do it ? Because all my scenes are "test scene", they are reaaaaallly messy, with a lot of useless stuffs, and they are always changing. For exemple, the beach scene has become the volcano scene and now the volcano scene is a grass field :). I always do a lot of iterations on the same scene.

Adik

@ Koola, I'm just wondering have you tried the POM shader from RyanB instead of the standard tessellation in UE4 ?

Nope, But it looks really cool. I wonder if the performances are good.

Lostra

Speaking of tessellation, got you a real nice reference. What do you think about creating this scene (or similar) in engine?
    If you have time, could you give it a go? :P

I already tried something like that ... This was a fail

Noooooooooooooo, you are butchering your perfect scenes! They should be saved and exported to 3d archeologists for further examination.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by sameek4 View Post
    Are you new to game engines dear ? Obviously it has.
    I am hinting on matter if it is possible to have some of Koola's demos as "exe" so people could download it and run on their PCs with AMD/Nvidia cards.

EDIT:

Originally posted by koola
    So why I don't do it ? Because all my scenes are "test scene", they are reaaaaallly messy, with a lot of useless stuffs, and they are always changing. For exemple, the beach scene has become the volcano scene and now the volcano scene is a grass field . I always do a lot of iterations on the same scene.
    Ah, I see; if it is too messy then maybe there is no sense in doing it.

Originally posted by koola
    Do you expect maybe Unreal Engine 4.9 or later versions to have new technologies/methods that would make this sunshine snowy ice thing work? What is lacking still? Obviously, RenderMan-like ray-tracing would do the trick, but there have to be lighter approximation methods to deal with such scenery, and Unreal Engine in general is mostly good at that, so we can expect something coming in this regard.
    Last edited by DErss; 07-07-2015, 05:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by koola View Post

Lostra

Speaking of tessellation, got you a real nice reference. What do you think about creating this scene (or similar) in engine?

What was exactly the failing point in the setup? The snow or the crystals itself? Also wich aspect of them?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guyz !

DimikYoo

But there's a question: why do you do all this stuff? Planning to create a game/demo or..?

Why I'm doing this ? The main reason is ... because I love doing this .
    I do these scenes as a hobby and to learn the use of different techiques/softwares. You can see this as "artworks with a real time engine".

This is very very different than a complete archviz project or a real game environement, they both have a lots of constraints that I absolutly not take into account. The only one that I set to myself is that the scene must run at 1080p30 on my rig most of the time.

I keep my scenes really simple, like that I can focus on what I really like to do (the "rendering" part).

DErss

Does Unreal Engine 4.8 has ability to compile a scene into an exe so it could be downloadable to play around it?

So why I don't do it ? Because all my scenes are "test scene", they are reaaaaallly messy, with a lot of useless stuffs, and they are always changing. For exemple, the beach scene has become the volcano scene and now the volcano scene is a grass field . I always do a lot of iterations on the same scene.

Adik

@ Koola, I'm just wondering have you tried the POM shader from RyanB instead of the standard tessellation in UE4 ?

Nope, But it looks really cool. I wonder if the performances are good.

Lostra

Leave a comment:

Working...
X