No announcement yet.

Koola's stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kooola that beach is ridiculously awesome and I'm sure your about tired of the praise by now, and as much as i'd like to ask every question imaginable like the other guys... i get it took years of experience to implement you workflow and its absolutely understandable that you don't wanna give away exactly what makes your work sooo unique, then you'd be left no where and everyone's projects will look near the same..your sitting on a obvious goldmine of techniques for the engine while i thought the kite demo was amazing the sheer photographic quality in the beach scene and I'd keep the best for myself as well.. i mean just showing your work for free for everyone to drool over, if the secrets were just out it would be no fun gaining the experience.. but if i could ask one question its.............why ???

Comment

Everyone at Epic right now

Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
      How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
      Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post

I feel like Koola needs to post some real mediocre work here soon, the awesome level is too high (inb4 over 9k).

Great job Koola. Don't really know what else to say aside from stop making the rest of us look bad!

Just kidding, your recent work has been phenomenal!

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post

I think most people on earth that saw this video think like that!!

PS can koola get job in Epic ---- and maybe then he can create good tutorials for mere mortals?

Comment

Koola made it to Gamespot

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the.../1100-6428589/

Comment

Koola, pleeeeeeease make some marketplace assets, PLEASE.

Comment

Originally posted by koola View Post
                Again, a subdivised plane with substance designer textures

UE4 - Substance designer by koola koola, sur Flickr

UE4 - Substance designer by koola koola, sur Flickr
                Did you use Tessellation for this?

Comment

I feel so useless right now! ^^
                  Artstation
                  Join the support channel
                  Gumroad Store

Comment

Just Epic
                    --------------------------------------------------------
                    [New On Marketplace] Custom Character Creator
                    [Marketplace]Multiplayer Melee Combat System - Animated Crossbow

Comment

Wow !!!! Oo
                      Thank you all !!!

It really took ridiculous proportions

Here's a small "breakdown" image that show how I made the grounds in the last scenes.

For the rendering part, well, I don't really know what to say.

The setup is really basic :

- atmospheric fog : default parameters (with colors change according to the mood)
                      - exponential height fog : default parameters
                      - movable directional light : default parameters with different value for intensity and temperature according to the mood
                      - movable skylight : I just change the sky distance threshold to 1 and uncheck the low hemisphere is black (so I get some fake "bounce light" from the ground)
                      - postprocess volume : I use the new tonemapper (r.TonemapperFilm 1) and make some color correction with the new "color grading" section of the post process volume (no lut this time)
                      - camera : I use the awesome new "circleDOF"

And that's all, no lightmap, no dfao/gi, no lpv. With a very simple scene you don't really need this, but more complexe your scene is more you need this kind of stuff (especially good sky occlusion for exterior).
                      ____________________________________________________________
                      https://twitter.com/Koola_UE4

Comment

Seriously, this work is really astonishing !!

Comment

Originally posted by koola View Post
                          Hi !

I just start to test substance designer and it's really cool.
                          Here's my first result. I use 3 materials (and a dirt mask) blended in a vertex paint shader (one material for all the scene ... execpt the decals for the graffitis).

UE4 Substance designer / vertex paint test by kooooola, on Flickr
                          how did u get that lighting, i have a similar scene working on and the lighting at the door really bright (like high exposure), any tip for me

Comment

Thanks for all your updates and tips, Koola. This thread is like the best part of my day every day.
                            Theia Interactive makes immersive VR experiences in collaboration with the world’s leading companies and creatives, leveraging this bleeding edge technology to pioneer the next generation of entertainment, storytelling, and customer engagement.

Comment

Originally posted by dangngo View Post
                              how did u get that lighting, i have a similar scene working on and the lighting at the door really bright (like high exposure), any tip for me
                              Take a look at his other work, or his example from the Marketplace. Often times he uses soft bounce lighting, similar to what a photographer would use in a studio.

Comment

Originally posted by Havoc View Post
                                Take a look at his other work, or his example from the Marketplace. Often times he uses soft bounce lighting, similar to what a photographer would use in a studio.
                                oh i just download his example on market, and he use a white plane to get indirect light, i tried and it work lot better !

Comment

Working...
                                X