Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOLEM Entity Construction System

GOLEMCraft, The 'Collage Entity' Construction System
    GOLEMCraft, The 'Collage Entity' Construction System is a UE4 Blueprints-based Procedural Construction System that creates Creatures from a collage of smaller Mesh components attached to animated skeleton. This simple construction methodology supports the creation of very unique and complex creatures and other entities.
    Features:
    GOLEM Body Builder (In-game Editor) Procedural Construction Customization Network Support Game Play Mechanisms Support Lifetime Updates
    Toolbox: Bodyshape Selector/Modifiers, Fragment Spray-gun, Material Picker

Frontend & Backend Support

Load/Save, Export Data Options

Agnostic UI Interface

Data Driven (*.csv)

Multi-user Support (tentative)
    Auto Symmetry

Auto Segment Incremental Scaling

Randomizer
    Morph Bodyshape

Dynamic Bodyshape Extension

Swap Materials (WYSIWYG)

Extend Bodyshape
    Replication

Network Repository Support
    (Create Creature Libraries, Share Creation via Network)
    Procedural Animation Support

Dismemberment & Destruction

Brains (AI Behavior Sub-modules)
    User Manual GOLEM BP Module Updates

New Content: Skeletons, Animations, Bodyshapes, Fragments, Materials, A/V Effects and Brains
    Last edited by TechLord; 03-18-2015, 11:21 PM.
    GOD of DREAMs: A Unique FTPS/RPG Sandbox MMO

GOLEMCraft v1.0

3D 'Collage Construction' Editing Application
    developed with Blueprints

Description:
    In-game
    WYSIWYG UE4-Powered Editing Application
    to pre-assemble/customize Game Entities using the
    Collage Construction Methodology.

Collage Construction:

Attachment of 1000s
    of different meshes to a Skeletal or Static Mesh to form a whole.
    A simple construction methodology to assemble unique and complex creatures and other entities.

Features:
    • [*=center]Operate as a Standalone App
      or Embed in existing Game Project

[*=center]Configurable UMG Frontend/Backend GUI
      [*=center]Local Load/Save Data Options via SLOTI/O
      [*=center]Multi-user Support/Network Replication
      [*=center]Symmetrical Manipulation
      [*=center]Morph-able Bodyshapes
      [*=center]Game Play Interface
      [*=center]Procedural Animation Interface
      [*=center]Dismemberment/Destruction Support
      [*=center]Network Repository (Tentative)
      (Creature Libraries, Online Catalog)

Development Status:
    • [*=center]5 months in development
      [*=center]50% Complete
      [*=center]Pending - SLOT I/O Integration

BP Scripting Talent Required:
    'Blueprints Scripting Guru'
    To assist with scripting to reduce development time for on-the-fly
    Research and Development for collage construction methodology,
    Editor functionality and feature implementation, optimizations and profiling.

User Interface Design Talent Required:
    'UMG UI Designer/Artist'
    To assist in improving the Flashiness of the
    Front end/Back end Menu Layout, User-Friendliness, Aesthetics and Animation.

3D Art Talent Required:
    Experienced UE4 3D Artist/Animator
    For consultation and assistance in functionality and stress testing
    of the Editing Application's UI and features from the Artist's and Gamer perspective.

Open to Skill Trade
    Need a Blueprinter? Lets discuss trading skills!

About Me:
    Frankie 'TechLord' Taylor
    Skillsets:
    Blueprints Visual Scripting
    UnrealEd Suite
    Web-Programming: HTML, PHP, Javascript, SQL
    Programmer Art: Blender3D
    Network Admin Support

My Previous Work:
    Online Portalfolio

UE4 Private Message Me

Additional Info:
    • Online only.
    • Cannot travel.
    • Only available 5 days/6 hours a week Mon - Fri.
    • Can only speak English.
    • Uses Perforce Source Control

PM for Account and Access

How GOLEMCraft is Monetized:
    Co-Developers earn a Royalty percentage from each product
    GOLEMCraft is included in.

UE4 or Other Online MarketPlace:
    GOLEMCraft will be submitted to the Unreal Marketplace
    as a Blueprints Application Module to provide UE4 Developers
    a unique in-game Entity Pre-fab/Customization solution

Supplemental Content:
    Supplemental Content: Collage Construction Parts, Part-Packs, Whole Entities, Entity Packs
    DLCs to be published and sold online.

Dragon's Gold FPS RPG Dungeon Crawl Game:
    GOLEMCraft will be showcased in my FPSRPG Dungeon Crawl: Dragon's Gold to assemble/customize
    Character Armor, Monsters, Melee & Fire Weapons, Treasure Items
    Dragon's Gold generates revenue with
    Pay-to-Play: Treasure Hunt, Arena Tournaments, Item Malls

3D Adventure Construction Suite:
    GOLEMCraft will be showcased in the 3D Adventure Construction Suite
    A Real-time 3D Game Masters/Role Playing Game
    Inspired by Stuart Smith's Adventure Construction Set

Comments welcome!
    Last edited by TechLord; 06-18-2015, 11:15 PM.

Comment

"The Gumball Man"

Menacing Static Mesh Instancing

GOLEM Construction System.
      Fragment Bodypart (Limb) Layers and Fragmutators.

Animated GOLEM (best viewed in HD)
      Last edited by TechLord; 06-18-2015, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Symmetrical Fragment Generation

Zer0Aligned Fragments

Symmetric Segment Incremental Scale down
        (Click Image to Enlarge)

Rocks, GoldBars & BubbleGum

Comment

Basic Golem Assembly Process:
          1) Attach Shape Component to Skeletal Joints
          2) Spawn a Fragment external to Shape and interpolate towards Shape
          3) Test Collision against Fragment vs Shape
          3a) If Overlap, attach Fragment Mesh to Joint associated to Shape.
          Last edited by TechLord; 12-26-2014, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Comment

This is really cool, can't wait to see future updates!

Comment

Originally posted by Drexciya View Post
                This is really cool, can't wait to see future updates!
                Thanks Drexciya,

Short-term update is to improve the Fragment vs Fragment collision checking to minimize Fragment overlap and fill in the space more efficiently. Long-term planned features include support for Dismemberment, Interface to wireup a UI, in-game assembly & customization (Fragment Painter).

Comment

This is insane and really cool. Good job!

Comment

What a wonderful system. Even though you say "Golem" it seems to have so much potential to be adaptable for countless styles of beast. Wow, this could be something very special. All those creature specific features, animation, collision/fragmenting, sound triggers, etc. gathered into an accessible system is a dream for an amateur like me.

I'm imagining a sky-high colossus of rock, plants, and fur. So excited to see a system specifically for making such a creature. That is what is on my paper sketches but yet to be brought to life digitally.

Do you plan to add it to market? You've already got a sale, I know that much. How far away to do estimate an early workable release to be?

Please keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Sitrec View Post
                      This is insane and really cool. Good job!
                      Thanks Sitrec. I appreciate the kind words.

Originally posted by comet View Post
                      What a wonderful system. Even though you say "Golem" it seems to have so much potential to be adaptable for countless styles of beast. Wow, this could be something very special. All those creature specific features, animation, collision/fragmenting, sound triggers, etc. gathered into an accessible system is a dream for an amateur like me.

I'm imagining a sky-high colossus of rock, plants, and fur. So excited to see a system specifically for making such a creature. That is what is on my paper sketches but yet to be brought to life digitally.

Do you plan to add it to market? You've already got a sale, I know that much. How far away to do estimate an early workable release to be?

Please keep it up!
                      Thanks comet. GOLEM ECS is part of a greater Modular Entity Construction System supporting assembly/customization using Modular Interchangeable Parts and Morph-Targets (Shape Deformation). I aim to make the system adaptable for countless creatures, weapons, and more. GOLEM ECS Assembly can also compliment traditional singular mesh Characters,etc as Dynamic Armor or Infectious Growth. With infinite combination of mesh shape and material, you could easily create the Colossus Earth GOLEM with rock & plants fragment meshes and fur shader/materials.

I planned to add GOLEM ECS to the Marketplace, after publishing my VR-Ready Online First-Person Hack 'n Blast Action RPG Dungeon Crawl Treasure Hunt. My game uses the system as the exclusive means of generating all the Monsters, so I wanted to be the first to show it off. The system is 100% Blueprints and requires a few tweaks to improve its user-friendliness. However, with greater interest/enthusiasm from the community, I will consider earlier Marketplace submission.

Comment

Originally posted by TechLord View Post
                        Thanks Sitrec. I appreciate the kind words.

Thanks comet. GOLEM ECS is part of a greater Modular Entity Construction System supporting assembly/customization using Modular Interchangeable Parts and Morph-Targets (Shape Deformation). I aim to make the system adaptable for countless creatures, weapons, and more. GOLEM ECS Assembly can also compliment traditional singular mesh Characters,etc as Dynamic Armor or Infectious Growth. With infinite combination of mesh shape and material, you could easily create the Colossus Earth GOLEM with rock & plants fragment meshes and fur shader/materials.

I planned to add GOLEM ECS to the Marketplace, after publishing my VR-Ready Online First-Person Hack 'n Blast Action RPG Dungeon Crawl Treasure Hunt. My game uses the system as the exclusive means of generating all the Monsters, so I wanted to be the first to show it off. The system is 100% Blueprints and requires a few tweaks to improve its user-friendliness. However, with greater interest/enthusiasm from the community, I will consider earlier Marketplace submission.
                        I REALLY look forward to seeing this on the Marketplace! Please keep us updated as I am interested in purchasing it soon for an Action RPG I am developing and something like this would really be impressive!

Coming 2016| Interested joining my team, email me: daniiartsstudio@gmail.com
                        Official Thread! Unreal Forums Follow us on Facebook Watch development blog on Youtube

Comment

Seeking suggestions for a Blueprints-based method to use a Collision Mesh/DOP Hull ONLY without Mesh Rendering. The purpose is to improve the GOLEM ECS Assembly Process. Currently, I use basic Collision Shape Components (Box, Capsule, Sphere) which can be overlapped to create a composite complex shape. However, I desire to also use collision meshes and hulls. I assumed I could add a static or skeletal mesh components and access the collision mesh/hull. No Dice. The current ideas are to export a empty fbx and import into it UE4:
                          1. Without auto collision/use custom collision mesh
                          2. in the UE4 Static Mesh Editor copy collision from another mesh

I'm opened to any and all suggestions, recommendations, and opinions. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by liondog View Post
                          I REALLY look forward to seeing this on the Marketplace! Please keep us updated as I am interested in purchasing it soon for an Action RPG I am developing and something like this would really be impressive!
                          Hi liondog, thank you for your response. I have three questions for you.

1) What is your timeline for your Action RPG? Currently, GOLEM ECS has no estimated time of arrival (ETR) for the Marketplace. This answer will help me determine what needs to be prioritized.
                          2) What are you willing to pay for it and why? Being a new and unique product, this answer will help me determine a decent pricepoint (and not overprice it).
                          3) What do you intend to use GOLEM ECS for? This answer will help me determine new Features?

Comment

I asked about the custom collision on yesterday stream regarding the animation recording, but I didn't watch it, so I don't know if they answered or not, even because I need it as well for my character customization tool.
                            The main issue ( and here we have a common problem ) is that the shape of your entity can vary, and so also the collision mesh should change accordingly.
                            I suggest you ( if its possible of course ) to see if you can setup a kind of "proxy volume" based on the amount of the particles, which defines roughly the particles area, then morph the custom collision shape accordingly to the volume value, but then again a check for the custom collision is needed....unfortunately I haven't found any usefull information on it, and looks like that you cannot access the capsule shapes in persona to be modified

If I have news I'll let you know
                            ENTER REALITY

VR Solutions

Contact us for more informations

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas3D View Post
                              I asked about the custom collision on yesterday stream regarding the animation recording, but I didn't watch it, so I don't know if they answered or not, even because I need it as well for my character customization tool.
                              The main issue ( and here we have a common problem ) is that the shape of your entity can vary, and so also the collision mesh should change accordingly.
                              I suggest you ( if its possible of course ) to see if you can setup a kind of "proxy volume" based on the amount of the particles, which defines roughly the particles area, then morph the custom collision shape accordingly to the volume value, but then again a check for the custom collision is needed....unfortunately I haven't found any usefull information on it, and looks like that you cannot access the capsule shapes in persona to be modified

If I have news I'll let you know
                              Hi Nicolas3D,

I have yet to use a morphing mesh, currently all primitive collision shapes (box,sphere,capsule). The system sort of works in reverse, defining the body with collision shapes, then attaching fragments to these shapes. Using a Blueprints Construction Script, I attach Collision Shapes to the Skeleton by bone/socket name with a Attach To Blueprints Node. These Bodypart Shapes coexist with PHaT, and the orientation and scale of these shapes can be adjusted real-time. When I start using Morph Meshes for Bodypart Shapes, I anticipate using some complex collision checking.

I'm now adding the ability to use more complex collision shapes along with the primitive. The goal is to extract and use the collision mesh/hull only (no rendering mesh). I'm still working it out. I found a cheat by importing a extremely low polygon shape: plane.fbx [2 tris] from Blender and copying the Collision from another Static Mesh to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X